Bucky Brooks: "It's a myth that elite QBs single-handedly carry their teams to wins"

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're right, but since Dak has lost in the post-season every time and never reached the NFCG, we know that Dak is not Mahomes so we should be trying to find someone who is better than what we have.

Hard to do that when the one you have is wanting 20-25% of your salary cap without leading the team anywhere near a Super Bowl.

Now, if Dak wants to play for $25 million, I am all for bringing him back and bringing in competition.

Once the quarterback tops 15% of the salary cap though, they better be reaching the Super Bowl and hopefully winning it.
Its also hard to do when you're not willing to try.....because you *might* fail.
"Fear is the enemy"

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
So is that the goal? Just win 1 playoff game?
No that's simply the results that we have had the previous three seasons. For a team that has only won one playoff victory in that time period I wouldn't be afraid to move on from Dak, McCarthy, Parsons, or really anyone currently under contract without a generational talent to replace them. I'm not saying you need to blow it up, but I wouldnt fear doing that, especially on a team where the front office wont go out and aggressively look to acquire better players to help the current core.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No that's simply the results that we have had the previous three seasons. For a team that has only won one playoff victory in that time period I wouldn't be afraid to move on from Dak, McCarthy, Parsons, or really anyone currently under contract without a generational talent to replace them. I'm not saying you need to blow it up, but I wouldnt fear doing that, especially on a team where the front office wont go out and aggressively look to acquire better players to help the current core.
I mean I don’t disagree there. I’ve stated my stance I think our best chance at a conference championship is with this core then a rebuild. But I certainly understand the opposite.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The issue is replacing Dak doesn't have to come with a Mahomes type of player. The question really comes down to what is the ultimate goal. Do I see a random QB coming in and getting this team 12 wins each of the last three season? Probably not. Do I see a random QB coming in and over that same period getting at least 1 playoff win? Absolutely. The results this team has accomplished under Dak is pretty easy to duplicate depending on what we are measuring.
:facepalm: Well if you’re going to replace Dak then you better replace the rest of the team because they’re much more responsible for the playoff failures.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hey Daksters, make sure if we win the SB while Dak is QB, you make sure to call it a team win and not just heap praise on Dak for getting the team over the hump.
Well, he’ll probably be the Super Bowl MVP so he’ll get his praise.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I mean I don’t disagree there. I’ve stated my stance I think our best chance at a conference championship is with this core then a rebuild. But I certainly understand the opposite.
I dont disagree either, despite some of my negativity on here I do believe this is a very good football team, but if you're going to go for it with this group then the front office really needed to be more aggressive this offseason. I just done see how they run it back with this Oline/Dline and expect different results. For that reason I'm open to all possibilities at this point

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I dont disagree either, despite some of my negativity on here I do believe this is a very good football team, but if you're going to go for it with this group then the front office really needed to be more aggressive this offseason. I just done see how they run it back with this Oline/Dline and expect different results. For that reason I'm open to all possibilities at this point
Well yeah that opinion was contingent on us going for it. For what they’ve done now? I’ve suggested it was best to rebuild if this is what you are gonna do. At least it was a plan. This isn’t a plan it’s just a look and see approach. And that’s much worse then a rebuild.