Bucky Brooks: "It's a myth that elite QBs single-handedly carry their teams to wins"

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Just doesnt like "him". Him who?

And you said "they"....more than just one.

It’s not personal for someone to not care for on line persona...quite common...calling it personal sounds like MAKING it personal to me....
Pappy has admitted it, Frozen and Williebeamon…..how many more names you need?

Creeper

Reaction score
I think the point is, the GM has to fill out the entire roster, not just 3 or 4 high paid players.

Matt Stafford won nothing in Detroit until he got traded to a team that went all in for real.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think the point is, the GM has to fill out the entire roster, not just 3 or 4 high paid players.

Matt Stafford won nothing in Detroit until he got traded to a team that went all in for real.
Filling out the roster isn’t a concern for the front office because they build there team within the draft and usfl…..costs them no money.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That is not at all what he said. This is classic TMC obfuscation/deflection.

But unfortunately the answer to your question is, yes. The goal for this QB is to not fall apart. He set the bar, not us.
Another post dedicated to me I assumed you’d take a break….i think he’s capable of responding if he wants to but we thank you regardless.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Another post dedicated to me I assumed you’d take a break….i think he’s capable of responding if he wants to but we thank you regardless.
lol. Remember typing this just a few minutes ago? In response to Rocky replying to me?

He thought you was gonna fall for the bait.

Another post dedicated to me. I'd assume you'd have taken a break.

Love the way you frame it as "WE" thank you. Classic gaslighting by trying to sell the fallacy that you speak for anyone but yourself.

I suppose the irony that you are the center of attention yet again in an entirely different thread is completely lost on you. You poor little victim, you.

My apologies Dallas East. I'll leave it alone.

Adreme

Reaction score
This has absolutely nothing to do with what we are discussing. You’re giving reason and justification why he sucked. I’m not comparing that players. Peyton sucked and they won a ring. You asked who did it and I told you. If you want to argue over who’s better we can but that’s a different argument.
What was weird about that ring is both in the Super Bowl and the AFC Championship game, I got the feeling the Broncos COULD have gotten more points if they wanted but were content playing insanely safe after an early score.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you would consider that a valid reason for not winning a SB?
Individual excuses for losses are fine, but when the excuse counter keeps going up, they start to lose their justification.

Professional sports is filled with disappointing careers from players who had a lot of skill and potential where they just did not win games in the post-season.

At some point though you are what you are, and Dak is a quarterback who has not elevated the team around him to the NFC Championship Game or Super Bowl in 8 seasons despite regular season success.

Are all of the losses his fault? Of course not and I have not said they were. What I have said is he simply has not been good enough to elevate those around him to reach the Super Bowl.

At some point, you need to try something new and since just about every other piece outside of Zack Martin has been replaced, it's time to replace the quarterback.