Bucky Brooks: "It's a myth that elite QBs single-handedly carry their teams to wins"

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What was weird about that ring is both in the Super Bowl and the AFC Championship game, I got the feeling the Broncos COULD have gotten more points if they wanted but were content playing insanely safe after an early score.
Yeah it was weird I remember thinking what is going on and why are they not attacking.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Dak carried the team, his back was broken come playoff time. LOL
Heck, I'm not even talking about playoffs. Folks act like it's impossible to win a regular season game with this roster minus Dak. It's like we don't have factual evidence that Rush won 5 of 6.

Or that Browning, Devito & Flacco won 4 games last year coming in for injured starters. Gardner Minshew won 9!!

Heck, Zach Wilson & Fields won 4. In fact no true starter who played at least 15 games won less than 4 except for Bryce Young. (I believe I read the chart correctly) So it would seem like 4-5 wins is the bare minimum you should expect regardless of QB.

With an above average roster seems like that should go up 2-3. So, average QB playing with an above average roster should have a good shot at 8-9 wins. Will they always get there? No. Will they always fail? No.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Individual excuses for losses are fine, but when the excuse counter keeps going up, they start to lose their justification.

Professional sports is filled with disappointing careers from players who had a lot of skill and potential where they just did not win games in the post-season.

At some point though you are what you are, and Dak is a quarterback who has not elevated the team around him to the NFC Championship Game or Super Bowl in 8 seasons despite regular season success.

Are all of the losses his fault? Of course not and I have not said they were. What I have said is he simply has not been good enough to elevate those around him to reach the Super Bowl.

At some point, you need to try something new and since just about every other piece outside of Zach Martin has been replaced, it's time to replace the quarterback.
So you get to decide what a disappointing career in the NFL looks like? Football is the ultimate team sport. I hope someday a lot of our fans can figure that out. A career is a performance of an individual. Individuals don't win SB's.

If they did why would anyone be over concerned with how much a player makes?

GM Jethro should just offer our next 10 first round picks for Mahomes and pay him $100M a year.

That will surely get us our next SB right. He is good enough to elevate a sup-par team to win.

Sounds like a no brainer.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I think the NFL should test this by putting Mahomes in a Cowboys uniform for this season. Does anyone want to bet Dallas gets to at least an NFCCG with Mahomes behind center? It would be great to see the proof how mediocre #4 really is.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Individual excuses for losses are fine, but when the excuse counter keeps going up, they start to lose their justification.

Professional sports is filled with disappointing careers from players who had a lot of skill and potential where they just did not win games in the post-season.

At some point though you are what you are, and Dak is a quarterback who has not elevated the team around him to the NFC Championship Game or Super Bowl in 8 seasons despite regular season success.

Are all of the losses his fault? Of course not and I have not said they were. What I have said is he simply has not been good enough to elevate those around him to reach the Super Bowl.

At some point, you need to try something new and since just about every other piece outside of Zach Martin has been replaced, it's time to replace the quarterback.
:facepalm: Mind blowing. You say it’s not his fault, then you blame it all on him.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the NFL should test this by putting Mahomes in a Cowboys uniform for this season. Does anyone want to bet Dallas gets to at least an NFCCG with Mahomes behind center when #4 can't win squat?
Bold> Will Goodell let something like that ever happen? Dang it! Maybe afterwards less people will boo him during the NFL Draft. lol.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Every member gets to decide for themselves what they believe is true. You literally call Trey Lance 'Trance'. Other members disagree with your description. Does your opinion of Lance make it any less true to you?
I have no problem with people having their own opinions. I would just think they could logically support it.

Having a GM that wants to run a team based off of hope, luck or a gut feeling is not a sound strategy. I know some of fans believe in and like that strategy for some odd reason.

I have never read any books on successful GM's, CEO's or business owners that believe procrastination is the number 1 key to success.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Really?

Proposition.

Make a logical argument proving Trey Lance will 100% fail as an NFL quarterback before he retires from the league.
Give me 1, just 1 example of a successful NFL QB that was drafted with less than 300 passing attempts in college.

Maybe GM Jethro should start drafting college pitchers that throw in the high 90's.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Give me 1, just 1 example of a successful NFL QB that was drafted with less than 300 passing attempts in college.

Maybe GM Jethro should start drafting college pitchers that throw in the high 90's.
I shall not. I asked you the question. I could not care less about Trey Lance. I could not care less about the 49ers drafting him. I could not care less if he is eventually elevated as the starter for the Cowboys. Of course, I would have never made the trade for Lance but obviously I am not the Mad Genius of this franchise.