Bucky Brooks: "It's a myth that elite QBs single-handedly carry their teams to wins"

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Putting everything else aside do you guys think that Dak has the same level of pure arm talent that Eli does? I feel like if you watched them side by side in their prime you would be very much surprised. Dak throws a beautiful post route to a TE. Other than that it really isn't that pretty to watch.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Putting everything else aside do you guys think that Dak has the same level of pure arm talent that Eli does? I feel like if you watched them side by side in their prime you would be very much surprised. Dak throws a beautiful post route to a TE. Other than that it really isn't that pretty to watch.
6 to 1, half dozen to the other.

Eli could sometimes make some throws we never see from Dak but his inconsistency makes it a wash.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don’t remember anything pretty to watch from Eli some of the worst throws I’ve seen made by a Pro Bowl level quarterback has come from Eli Manning. But it rarely came in those playoff pushes I’ll admit that.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
The poster called it clutch, not me. Why are you ignoring what was said to simplistically attempt to bull your agenda in? Looks to me like you're the one doing exactly what you're accusing others of doing.
Yes, I called both plays clutch. The first play was described as Eli escaping what appeared to be a sack on 3rd down and throwing the ball to the receiver he was going for who made a great catch. “Throwing up the ball” for grabs is what happens when a Hail Mary is executed. So, yes, it was simplistically diminishing what happened. The other play was completely ignored because it was perfectly thrown pass. Go watch both of them again.

So if the shoe fits.

Last edited:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Did you watch his playoff runs? He failed miserably against SF and got bailed out by 2 Kyle Williams fumbles. And then got bailed out by his D in the 07 super bowl. He didn't make massive plays, the D did. Held one of the highest scoring O's of all time to 14 pts.

The media is the culprit in making Eli better than he was.
It's not just the media, people in general, like to look for that single defining reason that someone/something failed or succeeded. Details get blurred, passed over or forgotten. It gets romanticized, that single hero, that single moment that can define and explain a moment. Don't let the details get in the way of a good story. We can repeat that the QB gets all the glory and gets all the blame even if they deserve it or not, but we still keep doing it anyway.....lol.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Dak has worked very hard over the years to throw a better football. I will for sure give him credit for that. 2023 Dak has a much better arm than 2016 Dak. I still feel as though he is not a QB that blows you away when he throws it. Guys like Rodgers and Aikman are clearly gifted. They just look different. IMHO Eli was for sure an above average arm talent. Not sure how anyone could argue against that. I feel like if you do you just didn't watch him play. Guys like Dak need to work at it. At the end of the day he is what he is. Limited.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Anyway I hate defending Eli so I am not doing it anymore. I just get triggered when he is used as the example of why Dak is good enough when Eli was in reality so much better.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I was always impressed how Eli handled pressure and scrambled in the pocket.......

vqB7DX.gif

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Anyway I hate defending Eli so I am not doing it anymore. I just get triggered when he is used as the example of why Dak is good enough when Eli was in reality so much better.
I mean he wasn’t a very good qb….i mean even he jokes about it from time to time. Romo and Dak were better. But I give him his due because he quarterbacked two great SB runs and I won’t let agenda cloud that.

I use to love how their team was built….all tough and physical guys..I’ll never forget seeing how surreal it looked seeing a defensive end run like a running back in Jacob’s.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I mean he wasn’t a very good qb….i mean even he jokes about it from time to time. Romo and Dak were better. But I give him his due because he quarterbacked two great SB runs and I won’t let agenda cloud that.

I use to love how their team was built….all tough and physical guys..I’ll never forget seeing how surreal it looked seeing a defensive end run like a running back in Jacob’s.
IMHO he is just comfortable with who he is and this legacy. The Mannings have always had the ability to laugh at themselves. It is more a sign of confidence to me than anything. They know they are among the GOATs.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Yeah, Mahomes was so great, he dink and dunked his team to a SB win all game long! Yes, Mahomes is soooo Great and gets worshipped by Dak haters for dink-n-dunking his way to a close won championship game!

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

You forgot to mention that he inspired his whole team to play at the highest level during the playoffs. Unlike Dak who needs to be carried and players are uninspired by him and his deer in the headlights look.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
At the end of the day defending the guy who makes the most money and has the most responsibility gets old. If he was dropping dimes and dudes are letting him down that is one thing. This is something else. Are there bad plays being run? Yeah no doubt. Are receivers running bad routes? Sure are. Is the O line weak? You bet. Do the RBs suck? Most definitely. Is Dak responsible? Absolutely.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Gold! Pure Gold!

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
9 time Pro Bowler, won 1 SB and would have won another if not for Carroll's brain fart, career (so far) 100 qb rating.

Though I would note in my post I said "He's a probable HOF qb", for the above reasons.
I think most would have believed he was on the road to being a HOFer, but these last couple seasons have really hurt his case, looks like he's playing his way out of it.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I don’t remember anything pretty to watch from Eli some of the worst throws I’ve seen made by a Pro Bowl level quarterback has come from Eli Manning. But it rarely came in those playoff pushes I’ll admit that.
Eli Manning is going to make the Hall of Fame based on two postseason runs where he was carried by his defense.

Aside from that his entire career consisted of turning the football over and losing games.

If his last name wasn't Manning his career arc would have mirrored that of Rex Grossman or Jake Cutler.