Bucky Brooks: "It's a myth that elite QBs single-handedly carry their teams to wins"

Yobwocs

Reaction score
I’d argue no one has a Mahomes lol. I say that jokingly but people don’t even know the impact he has. He’s going to be one of the best quarterbacks of all time if he isn’t already. But the guy needs help. That’s not to excuse Dak for his awful play on the playoffs but it’s a fact. All these guys need more help except 49ers, Chiefs and Eagles IMo.
But Mahomes is a Top 5 all time QB. He's the rarest of the rare commodities. What are the chances we land a Top 5 all time QB? If you have Staubach as Top 5 all time, what are the chances we land another Top 5 all time QB?

Dropping Mahomes' name here is so silly. It's like the other 28 teams saying all we need is Michael Jordan in the 90s.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Question.....tell me the outcome of that scenario with Mahomes at QB?????

you chumps had your pom poms out in this thread now you dont want the Mahomes smoke
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/dak-prescott-vs-patrick-mahomes-in-their-last-50-starts.525083/

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/prescott-and-mahomes-stats-through-11-games.517585/
This is silly.......I will be the first to admit, that Dak has no business in the same conversation with Mahomes. Anyone comparing the two is smoking some good stuff (lol).

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Question.....why is Mahomes the only QB used by fans as an example of elite??????
:facepalm:

For the love of god forget Mahomes. Let’s just scroll through history of elite quarterbacks winning Super Bowls.

Brady
Warner
Aikman
Young
Montana
Staubach

That’s almost 20 Super Bowls without Mahomes. I didn’t even add QB’s who won multiple SB’s like Starr and Bradshaw. Now you can add Mahomes.

This is a clickbait quote by Brooks in the dead of the off season. Nothing more.

Of course elite guys like Rypien and Flacco and Dilfer all won multiple Super Bowls and…Duh.

See how embarrassing this thread is? Of course it’s my fault for wasting five minutes of my life commenting on it and I’m not reading replies because that’s more time lost.

Thread closed.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
:facepalm:

For the love of god forget Mahomes. Let’s just scroll through history of elite quarterbacks winning Super Bowls.

Brady
Warner
Aikman
Young
Montana
Staubach

That’s almost 20 Super Bowls without Mahomes. I didn’t even add QB’s who won multiple SB’s like Starr and Bradshaw. Now you can add Mahomes.

This is a clickbait quote by Brooks in the dead of the off season. Nothing more.

Of course elite guys like Rypien and Flacco and Dilfer all won multiple Super Bowls and…Duh.

See how embarrassing this thread is? Of course it’s my fault for wasting five minutes of my life commenting on it and I’m not reading replies because that’s more time lost.

Thread closed.
You actually proved Bucky's point, Danny.......

• Brady........does he win w/o Belichick ( probably one of the greatest defensive mind )
  • Warner.......does he win w/o Mike Martz and the great show on turf
  • Akiman.......does he win w/o Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, Charles Haley, Darren Woodson, Larry Allen
  • Young.........does he win w/o Jerry Rice, Roger Craig
  • Montana......see Young
  • Staubach......does he win w/o Tony Dorsett, Drew Pearson. Randy White
Again, Mahones is an exception........and BTW, my question was ACTVIE QBs other than Mahomes.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But Mahomes is a Top 5 all time QB. He's the rarest of the rare commodities. What are the chances we land a Top 5 all time QB? If you have Staubach as Top 5 all time, what are the chances we land another Top 5 all time QB?

Dropping Mahomes' name here is so silly. It's like the other 28 teams saying all we need is Michael Jordan in the 90s.
Well I personally don't name drop Mahomes. I name drop the Chiefs because I do think they have a solid team. I preach games are won in the trenches. Everyone knows this since the beginning of football. But somewhere down the line guys have forgotten or they chose to not understand that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Mahomes is an exception, no doubt but what about the other 31 QBs? Also, it's interesting how fans seldom give Andy Reid credit, he is the best offensive mind in football.
lol I wanted Reid when Philly fired him and this board hated him because we had the great J Garrett and Reid abandoned the run too often.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
lol I wanted Reid when Philly fired him and this board hated him because we had the great J Garrett and Reid abandoned the run too often.
You’re always going back in time beating your chest on something. True or not true, it cheapens the message.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I mean we can want anyone but Jerry would never hire Andy and he’d never work for Jerry….
At that time I think he would’ve worked for Jerry.

I think Dallas can get whatever coach they want but management just doesn’t want a guy who can push back.

Jerry’s ego is the Cowboys top priority.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
At that time I think he would’ve worked for Jerry.

I think Dallas can get whatever coach they want but management just doesn’t want a guy who can push back.

Jerry’s ego is the Cowboys top priority.
I disagree. I don’t think anyone credible would ever work for Jerry. I mean ask yourself would you work for Jerry if you had your choice of any team in the league to work for?