Signed by Cowboys C. Thornton signs with Cowboys

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Having now, finally taken a rotational 1-tech. What if say a Sheldon Rankins somehow fell to our second pick, would we grab him to rotate at the 3 ? Broaddus thinks Irving will move to SDE this year .....

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Glover's last year here was 2005, if that's what you're asking.

Which reminds me, if you ever want to stump a Cowboys fan ask them to name the only Cowboy to make the pro bowl every year he played for the Cowboys.

Answer - La'Roi Glover.

Do it now though because Carson of Bismarck will put an end to that shortly.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Glover's last year here was 2005, if that's what you're asking.

Outside of two 3rd round picks and extending one of those (Tyrone Crawford/not Willie 'poops' Blade), it's been 14 years since Dallas addressed DT. Not counting the fabulous Golden Cock.

Last edited:

plasticman

Reaction score
Thornton doesn't eliminate any player from consideration in the draft, nor does he threaten to end any current Cowboy's tenure.

He is a solid acquisition that will increase the depth and add talent to the D-line rotation. he may or may not earn a starting position, that will be determined in training camp.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thornton doesn't eliminate any player from consideration in the draft, nor does he threaten to end any current Cowboy's tenure.

He is a solid acquisition that will increase the depth and add talent to the D-line rotation. he may or may not earn a starting position, that will be determined in training camp.

LOL. Right.

He's a stone cold mortal lock to be your starting 1 tech in the opener if he's healthy.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I wanted to post his highlight video but some knucklehead had to dub it with vulgar lyrics and half the plays were against DAL.

Nevertheless Google Thornton highlights and there are a couple good videos.

Nice pick-up, fills a long standing need. 6'4" 310 lbs 1T.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Outside of two 3rd round picks and extending one of those (Tyrone Crawford/not Willie 'poops' Blade), it's been 14 years since Dallas addressed DT. Not counting the fabulous Golden Cock.

Unless you count Spears and Hatcher. A 3-4 DE is basically a DT

AzorAhai

Reaction score
LOL. Right.

He's a stone cold mortal lock to be your starting 1 tech in the opener if he's healthy.

tumblr_mcj5v32Q8I1qedb29o1_500.gif

You underestimate the will of golden cock

Reaction score
Are the Cowboys content paying Crawford as a backup? Otherwise I don't believe they're taking a DT in the first 2 rounds. I'd bet on it.

A safe bet IMO,,, as much as I would enjoy a deeper DL rotation this team has too many needs to address.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score

If Cedric Thornton wasn't the starter he wouldn't have been signed for 18 mil.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
So i guess this means that 2016 won't be the year of the rooster

jjktkk

Reaction score
2015 Stats

Nick Hayden, 48 Tackles, 0 sacks, 2 passes defensed (16 games)
Cedric Thornton, 33 Tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defensed (13 games)

Not saying these stats mean much, however, I thought it was worth at least posting them.

Perception is everything huh?