Calling out this "fanbase"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve got to be honest with you all—I'm not disappointed in this fanbase; I'm downright appalled. The lack of confidence I see here is staggering just because we havent gotten to the big dance in 28 years.

We'll guess what- 28 years is.a very small sample size in the grand scheme of things. This franchise has 5 rings, which not top many other fanbases can say.

How can so many of you, who call yourselves Cowboys fans, be filled with doubt and negativity about this team?

I understand that every season has its ups and downs, but the way some of you talk, you'd think we’re doomed before the season even starts. Where’s the faith? Where’s the loyalty? I can’t, for the life of me, see eye to eye with anyone who claims to be a fan but only spreads doubt and negativity.

Did we know that back in 1994 thus franchise was about to go on a dynasty run?

I have absolutely no respect for any Cowboys fan who doubts this team. You either believe in the star, or you don’t. If you’re going to jump ship every time the water gets a little rough, maybe it’s time to find a new team to “support.” But for those of us who truly believe, we know what this team is capable of, and we stand by them through thick and thin.

So, if you’re one of those who’s lost confidence, maybe take a step back and rethink what it means to be a Cowboys fan. Because here, we believe in our team—no matter what.

A lot of members here have no spine whatsoever and it's why Cowboys fans have such a reputation of being considered "bandwagon" fans.

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
Criticizing Cowboys fans for not being the kind of fan you want them to be is the exact opposite of what this place is all about. If you love Jerry, and his way of doing things, that‘s fine. You have every right to be a Cowboys fan the way you choose.

But expecting everyone else to be a fan just like you or what you expect a “good fan” is the exact opposite of what this forum is all about.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You are leaving out some important details. It’s not just about getting back to the Super Bowl in 28 years it’s not even getting to an NFC championship game. It’s 4 playoff wins in 28 years. It’s sticking with Garret for almost a decade ect..
Forget Super Bowl I just want an NFC championship appearance! My bar is low and it’s been 28 years and that low bar can’t even be hit so yes I should be loaded with confidence though.
With GM Jethro we should be content winning the division.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
I’ve got to be honest with you all—I'm not disappointed in this fanbase; I'm downright appalled. The lack of confidence I see here is staggering just because we havent gotten to the big dance in 28 years.

We'll guess what- 28 years is.a very small sample size in the grand scheme of things. This franchise has 5 rings, which not top many other fanbases can say.

How can so many of you, who call yourselves Cowboys fans, be filled with doubt and negativity about this team?

I understand that every season has its ups and downs, but the way some of you talk, you'd think we’re doomed before the season even starts. Where’s the faith? Where’s the loyalty? I can’t, for the life of me, see eye to eye with anyone who claims to be a fan but only spreads doubt and negativity.

I have absolutely no respect for any Cowboys fan who doubts this team. You either believe in the star, or you don’t. If you’re going to jump ship every time the water gets a little rough, maybe it’s time to find a new team to “support.” But for those of us who truly believe, we know what this team is capable of, and we stand by them through thick and thin.

So, if you’re one of those who’s lost confidence, maybe take a step back and rethink what it means to be a Cowboys fan. Because here, we believe in our team—no matter what.

A lot of members here have no spine whatsoever and it's why Cowboys fans have such a reputation of being considered "bandwagon" fans.

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
cringe

living in the past is why everyone clowns on us as fans

imagine thinking 27 years is not a long time to do anything

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Criticizing Cowboys fans for not being the kind of fan you want them to be is the exact opposite of what this place is all about. If you love Jerry, and his way of doing things, that‘s fine. You have every right to be a Cowboys fan the way you choose.

But expecting everyone else to be a fan just like you or what you expect a “good fan” is the exact opposite of what this forum is all about.
Yea, I don't get why people care so much and get mad about how other fans feel? I don't get angry that he has a rosier disposition about the franchise then I do. I respect his opinion to be very optimistic even if I don't agree with it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yea, I don't get why people care so much and get mad about how other fans feel? I don't get angry that he has a rosier disposition about the franchise than I do. I respect his opinion to be very optimistic even if I don't agree with it.
Well whether I agree or not I think the OP is just more disgusted with the climate of the site. This place feels more like an Eagles forum than Cowboys forum. Fans have to fight with other fans about fandom just seems crazy.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Aren’t you an Eagles fan? Yall get clowned for obvious reasons.
News to me ? But keep thinking that maybe it will be true … I used to respect you as a poster even with different views. But somewhere along the way you turned into a real tool bag. I will take my ban for calling you that too because I am saying what 90% of this board think of you.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Well whether I agree or not I think the OP is just more disgusted with the climate of the site. This place feels more like an Eagles forum than Cowboys forum. Fans have to fight with other fans about fandom just seems crazy.
more and more fans are refusing to drink the Jethro koolaid and the Jethro minions resent that

Cowboy4evr

Reaction score

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
The reality J12B. This forum does not represent but about 1% of the fan base. Read all the posts and replies and count the number of people here.......Very minimal.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
News to me ? But keep thinking that maybe it will be true … I used to respect you as a poster even with different views. But somewhere along the way you turned into a real tool bag. I will take my ban for calling you that too because I am saying what 90% of this board think of you.
Damn….you think 90 percent? Was it 90 percent before you respected me or 90 percent after I became a total d bag?

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Damn….you think 90 percent? Was it 90 percent before you respected me or 90 percent after I became a total d bag?
I was in the minority… you smartened me up though the last few weeks. Once your brother signs with the Raiders it will work itself out though next year.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
keep drinking Jerry Jones koolaid.....when you get older you'll be able to drink something stronger because you'll need it....

Do better.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I was in the minority… you smartened me up though the last few weeks. Once your brother signs with the Raiders it will work itself out though next year.
Damn…..well aye man it’s good to know you speak for 90 percent of the site. I’ve seen the might now man thanks. :laugh:

Fly eagle fly.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Damn…..well aye man it’s good to know you speak for 90 percent of the site. I’ve seen the might now man thanks. :laugh:

Fly eagle fly.
Whatever you say so chief …. Find one eagles post in my history but again i really don’t care what you think.

“aye my man” enjoy your night

ArtClink

Reaction score

Well said!

Status
Not open for further replies.