Calling out this "fanbase"

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
28 years is a small sample size!!!
LOL!
The Cowboys have existed since 1960, that’s 64 years, so 28 years is just under 44% of their entire existence.
How is that small?
And 2 of those 5 rings were before Jerry bought the team.
So your appalled that most of the fanbase would like to sniff an SB??
Boy you have low standards!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Is this sarcasm?
From who, the OP? I'm sure the post is legit. This type of post pops up a few times a season, normally right before a new season starts. Somehow it makes them feel good about themselves by calling out other people for not waving the pompoms or wearing the blinders like they do.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I’ve got to be honest with you all—I'm not disappointed in this fanbase; I'm downright appalled. The lack of confidence I see here is staggering just because we havent gotten to the big dance in 28 years.

We'll guess what- 28 years is.a very small sample size in the grand scheme of things. This franchise has 5 rings, which not top many other fanbases can say.

How can so many of you, who call yourselves Cowboys fans, be filled with doubt and negativity about this team?

I understand that every season has its ups and downs, but the way some of you talk, you'd think we’re doomed before the season even starts. Where’s the faith? Where’s the loyalty? I can’t, for the life of me, see eye to eye with anyone who claims to be a fan but only spreads doubt and negativity.

Did we know that back in 1994 thus franchise was about to go on a dynasty run?

I have absolutely no respect for any Cowboys fan who doubts this team. You either believe in the star, or you don’t. If you’re going to jump ship every time the water gets a little rough, maybe it’s time to find a new team to “support.” But for those of us who truly believe, we know what this team is capable of, and we stand by them through thick and thin.

So, if you’re one of those who’s lost confidence, maybe take a step back and rethink what it means to be a Cowboys fan. Because here, we believe in our team—no matter what.

A lot of members here have no spine whatsoever and it's why Cowboys fans have such a reputation of being considered "bandwagon" fans.

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
I love that the fans are finally fed up. This is a free country and they can say whatever they want. This term bandwagon doesn't apply anymore because the players have no loyalty so why should the fans. Cowboys are not the same team I grew loving and cheering for. I could care less about how they do now. Fantasy football is where it's at. You cheer for your own team.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
This thread is example of what I've been saying - the "homers" are far, far worse than the people they call "haters".

The main topic for the "haters" is the Cowboys, which is the point of Cowboys discussion forums.

The main topic for the "homers" are the people they personally hate - Cowboys fans who demand excellence. This is NOT on topic.

starfan1

Reaction score
You’re just always anti Cowboys and pro Eagles. Reeks of a Eagle fan pretending to be a Cowboy fan.

Notice though you called me a d bag and attacked and I’ve yet to do it to you. But I’m 90 percent hated…..I wonder if we did a poll how many people would like you or care to even take part in the poll?
I’m one of the 10% bro you do you

starfan1

Reaction score
Fan is short for fanatics. Fanatics are generally extremists, and that's what every team has a lot of. Your position is one extreme. Theirs is another. It doesn't make them any less of a fan. Rather, it fits what a fanatic is.

I'm at a show-me point of my fandom. I used to get depressed after every loss and carry it with me for the next few days. I realized it was hurting my health, so I changed. I still love my team but I keep my expectations low and my hopes high. I will be confident in the Cowboys when they show me why I should be confident. In the meantime, I'll hope for the best without expecting it. That keeps me sane. That lets me be excited about the wins without being defeated by the losses.
Been that way since 2011 after the Bobby carpenter game

I have some highs and some low points but in general I’m an enjoy the ride guy

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I’m not even one, but OP is a more loyal fan. That equates to being a better fan in my book and I’d argue definitionally.

I’m ok with some being better fans than me and it won’t hurt my feelings if they tell me that.
But what makes the OP a better or more loyal fan? Because he says so? I've been a 'fan' since 1974, 50 years for the mathematically challenged. Myself and others like me have stuck around through the good and bad and are still here.

So who the hell is the real fan? The OP is no better a fan or loyal fan than any one of us who spends time here on CZ.

The pompom waving OP who has only been a member of this site since 2018 can demand that everyone be like him all he wants. I will choose to ignore his demands and be a 'fan' in my own way. If that bothers him or pisses him off, then good.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
The way I see it is if you spend portions of your time to root for, watch, buy merchandise, follow, etc., your team, you’ve earned the right to discuss, criticize, call out, etc., it however you see fit.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm trying. I've not seen a lot of success in (this is my 24th/25th season coming up) my time as a fan. I will say, I like that they're actually focusing on NT!! That's been much needed. I like where our defence is heading. I think if we can stop the run (which allows our pass D to do what they do best) and can run the ball more efficiently than last year, this team has the capability (even with a harder schedule than last year) to do some special things. We just need Jerry to stop making every offseason so drama heavy lol.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I'm trying. I've not seen a lot of success in (this is my 24th/25th season coming up) my time as a fan. I will say, I like that they're actually focusing on NT!! That's been much needed. I like where our defence is heading. I think if we can stop the run (which allows our pass D to do what they do best) and can run the ball more efficiently than last year, this team has the capability (even with a harder schedule than last year) to do some special things. We just need Jerry to stop making every offseason so drama heavy lol.
Don't be fooled by the moves at DT. It's the usual barrel scraping for mid level players and dinosaurs past their primes. They haven't seriously addressed DT or RB. It's too late to do that for 2024 without making a bad trade of high draft picks for a good player rental for the short term.

starfan1

Reaction score
There is a small % of fans on this site that annoy me but it’s their right to be miserable

I think crapping on multiple threads day in and day out is a waste of time but I can scroll by

Gee I can’t wait for the game threads I’m sure they’ll be better this year :laugh::laugh:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Don't be fooled by the moves at DT. It's the usual barrel scraping for mid level players and dinosaurs past their primes. They haven't seriously addressed DT or RB. It's too late to do that for 2024 without making a bad trade of high draft picks for a good player rental for the short term.

Probably, and I wish Zimmer would've spoken up sooner. At least they're starting to put focus on it.

kskboys

Reaction score
I’ve got to be honest with you all—I'm not disappointed in this fanbase; I'm downright appalled. The lack of confidence I see here is staggering just because we havent gotten to the big dance in 28 years.

We'll guess what- 28 years is.a very small sample size in the grand scheme of things. This franchise has 5 rings, which not top many other fanbases can say.

How can so many of you, who call yourselves Cowboys fans, be filled with doubt and negativity about this team?

I understand that every season has its ups and downs, but the way some of you talk, you'd think we’re doomed before the season even starts. Where’s the faith? Where’s the loyalty? I can’t, for the life of me, see eye to eye with anyone who claims to be a fan but only spreads doubt and negativity.

I have absolutely no respect for any Cowboys fan who doubts this team. You either believe in the star, or you don’t. If you’re going to jump ship every time the water gets a little rough, maybe it’s time to find a new team to “support.” But for those of us who truly believe, we know what this team is capable of, and we stand by them through thick and thin.

So, if you’re one of those who’s lost confidence, maybe take a step back and rethink what it means to be a Cowboys fan. Because here, we believe in our team—no matter what.

A lot of members here have no spine whatsoever and it's why Cowboys fans have such a reputation of being considered "bandwagon" fans.

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
Your obsession w/ other fans is noted. Quit whining.

ArtClink

Reaction score
And the same Iggles fans hope Dak remains the QB for at least another 20 years. There's no better way to guarantee Dallas won't be a post season threat for a long time.
The Eagles fans were also happy when Romo was QB. Dak never had a game like Romo’s 44-6, week 16, win and your in Romo turnover fest v Eagles.

But Romo and Dak were never the obstacle to winning near as much as Jerry. The obstacles to winning Jerrys micromanagement imposes on the team are crippling.

And Dak has owned the NFC East.

kskboys

Reaction score

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
You remind me of an old country song by Earl Thomas Conley: NOBODY FALLS LIKE A FOOL

kskboys

Reaction score
What you have is a group of Cowboy fans who think they are entitled to a Superbowl run every season...

What you have is a group of Cowboy fans whom over past 30 years were groomed by the greatest Owners in NFL History to Hate the players for being American aka.....maximizing your earning potential!

What you are witnessing in a failure of some Cowboy Fans over the past 30 years to keep up with and understand the 21st Century Athlete..

I'll take Jerry's three 12-Win Seasons over three 5-Win Seasons

Go Cowboys!!
And what you have is a very strange little obsession w/ what other fans think.

Status
Not open for further replies.