Calling out this "fanbase"

Status
Not open for further replies.

shabazz

Reaction score
And what you have is a very strange little obsession w/ what other fans think.
I can confidently say that if somebody like a Bo Nix or Drake Maye showed up here, his "patient grateful fan" schtick would do a 180

He'd be belly-aching from game 1.

Transparent

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
The only ones who resort to saying 'get a life' are those who lack one themselves
You officially lost the thread on that reply, brother. Just another way of saying “neener neener neener, I know you are, but what am I?!”

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You officially lost the thread on that reply, brother. Just another way of saying “neener neener neener, I know you are, but what am I?!”
8743b0dc-5b2b-466e-a0e7-f00dbef38935_text.gif

shabazz

Reaction score
The Eagles fans were also happy when Romo was QB. Dak never had a game like Romo’s 44-6, week 16, win and your in Romo turnover fest v Eagles.
Romo was 11-8 against the Eagles and that's when our offensive line was a seive for many many years and that's when the Eagles had compiled their DREAM TEAM of all pros

He was the ONLY chance we had of beating them

visionary

Reaction score
I’ve got to be honest with you all—I'm not disappointed in this fanbase; I'm downright appalled. The lack of confidence I see here is staggering just because we havent gotten to the big dance in 28 years.

We'll guess what- 28 years is.a very small sample size in the grand scheme of things. This franchise has 5 rings, which not top many other fanbases can say.

How can so many of you, who call yourselves Cowboys fans, be filled with doubt and negativity about this team?

I understand that every season has its ups and downs, but the way some of you talk, you'd think we’re doomed before the season even starts. Where’s the faith? Where’s the loyalty? I can’t, for the life of me, see eye to eye with anyone who claims to be a fan but only spreads doubt and negativity.

Did we know that back in 1994 thus franchise was about to go on a dynasty run?

I have absolutely no respect for any Cowboys fan who doubts this team. You either believe in the star, or you don’t. If you’re going to jump ship every time the water gets a little rough, maybe it’s time to find a new team to “support.” But for those of us who truly believe, we know what this team is capable of, and we stand by them through thick and thin.

So, if you’re one of those who’s lost confidence, maybe take a step back and rethink what it means to be a Cowboys fan. Because here, we believe in our team—no matter what.

A lot of members here have no spine whatsoever and it's why Cowboys fans have such a reputation of being considered "bandwagon" fans.

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
Youre a paid stooge for the Jones family
No one else this stupid

ArtClink

Reaction score
Romo was 11-8 against the Eagles and that's when our offensive line was a seive for many many years and that's when the Eagles had compiled their DREAM TEAM of all pros

He was the ONLY chance we had of beating them
Romo def gave us a good chance to win more games.

shabazz

Reaction score
Romo def gave us a good chance to win more games.
I agree, but I still recognize that Tony would snatch a loss from the jaws of victories with his turnovers........#4 has his own playoff issues as well

But what are we to expect when the FO has REFUSED to take a QB higher than the 4th round since 2001?..... should we be expecting a complete QB

The 1st round guarantees nothing but the odds of getting a COMPLETE franchise qb go down exponentially with the later rounds.

DTs and QBs in the 1st round are an anomaly here

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So let me get this straight: you set the standard of being a “true” fan, which of course you are according to you and your standard, is to believe this team is superior no matter how bad it gets and no matter how long? 28 years of sniffing nothing with a terrible gm in Jerry Jones and you expect every “true” fan to be all gung ho about this being a superbowl team when they haven’t proven to be in over a quarter century.

Yeah I think you will be ok with your head up yo….. err in the clouds but I think the rest of us real fans will appreciate the team as it is and will let them prove their worth on the field

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
I’m not telling you how to feel just an observation. I’m not satisfied with mediocrity.
Your observation is baseless and wrong. I am in every game time thread riding the ups and downs … you have an issue with me because I am anti Dak. Which is fine that should work itself out sooner or later.

:starspin::starspin::starspin:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I’ve got to be honest with you all—I'm not disappointed in this fanbase; I'm downright appalled. The lack of confidence I see here is staggering just because we havent gotten to the big dance in 28 years.

We'll guess what- 28 years is.a very small sample size in the grand scheme of things. This franchise has 5 rings, which not top many other fanbases can say.

How can so many of you, who call yourselves Cowboys fans, be filled with doubt and negativity about this team?

I understand that every season has its ups and downs, but the way some of you talk, you'd think we’re doomed before the season even starts. Where’s the faith? Where’s the loyalty? I can’t, for the life of me, see eye to eye with anyone who claims to be a fan but only spreads doubt and negativity.

I have absolutely no respect for any Cowboys fan who doubts this team. You either believe in the star, or you don’t. If you’re going to jump ship every time the water gets a little rough, maybe it’s time to find a new team to “support.” But for those of us who truly believe, we know what this team is capable of, and we stand by them through thick and thin.

So, if you’re one of those who’s lost confidence, maybe take a step back and rethink what it means to be a Cowboys fan. Because here, we believe in our team—no matter what.

A lot of members here have no spine whatsoever and it's why Cowboys fans have such a reputation of being considered "bandwagon" fans.

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
IMG-1778.jpg

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
This thread is example of what I've been saying - the "homers" are far, far worse than the people they call "haters".

The main topic for the "haters" is the Cowboys, which is the point of Cowboys discussion forums.

The main topic for the "homers" are the people they personally hate - Cowboys fans who demand excellence. This is NOT on topic.
Just like the other thread this one should have been moved to Overtime.

OP's like a little stubborn child. First thread got locked, make a new one with the exact same message.

Creeper

Reaction score
I was once a homer fan too. Every year my Cowboys were going to win a Super Bowl, or so I hoped. There were years when we had no real QB. I had hope. There were always star players to give us hope.

But now, after 60 years as a fan, I am being realistic. We had a good team last year, but there were obvious holes in the roster which became apparent over the course of the year. I had hope. They were blown wide open in the GB game. Then Jerry said, "I'm all in". I had hope again. Jerry was going to finally do something to fill those holes in the roster. But Jerry did nothing. He sat on his hands as solid Cowboys starters left for free agency. He didn't sign anyone to replace them. Then Jerry clarified what he meant by all in. He was lying. He trying to fool his fans again. All these recent moves signing players who were unsigned in August, or were about to be cut by their previous teams is not all in. It is consolation.

Joseph, Phillips, and Lawson are not the players they once were any more than Anthony Barr was the player we saw having great seasons in his prime. These are cheap alternatives. It is Rocky Colavito playing right field for the NY Yankees in 1968. Right now we are seeing these guys for what they were. When the season starts we will see them as they are now.

There is nothing wrong with being a homer fan. There is nothing wrong with being a realistic fan either. I have had enough of the hype and pomp. I want to see results now. That is all that matters to me.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Your observation is baseless and wrong. I am in every game time thread riding the ups and downs … you have an issue with me because I am anti Dak. Which is fine that should work itself out sooner or later.

:starspin::starspin::starspin:
To be perfectly honest…..I wasn’t aware you were anti Dak lol. Like I said the posts I’ve read they’ve been anti Cowboys not specifically Dak. When I think of the anti Dak club it’s a strong 5 people…..think you give yourself too much credit there.

bottleKids

Reaction score
I opened this thread and did that Simpson Homer in and out of the bush meme and ran.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
Well, it is 48% of all seasons in the Super Bowl era :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.