Calling out this "fanbase"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
But what makes the OP a better or more loyal fan? Because he says so? I've been a 'fan' since 1974, 50 years for the mathematically challenged. Myself and others like me have stuck around through the good and bad and are still here.

So who the hell is the real fan? The OP is no better a fan or loyal fan than any one of us who spends time here on CZ.

The pompom waving OP who has only been a member of this site since 2018 can demand that everyone be like him all he wants. I will choose to ignore his demands and be a 'fan' in my own way. If that bothers him or pisses him off, then good.
If you blindly follow that seems more loyal.

Again, don’t get upset—I’m not saying it’s for everyone. But more loyal = better fan to me.

As I understand the definition.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You called him an Eagles fan which obviously triggered him and let's face it, that is the worst insult you can throw. You said have a good day after like 10 replies :muttley:

Whatever all good just think the OP got exactly what he wanted by starting this thread 9 plus pages of toxicity.
Well if you have an issue with the exchange that’s fine I thought you had an issue with that post . You had no issue with him calling be a d bag though. It’s cool. :laugh:

I’ll say this though. I don’t think this thread should’ve offended anyone especially when it was a positive post but for some reason positivity triggers.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or real.
Being honest. Is this trolling?

I don't come here much anymore because of all the Dak and Jerry threads.
Same old crap. It get's old.
But there is "some" truth in it as well.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That’s a very silly reason to have an issue with someone. I’d rather you just say you have an issue because I like Dak. :laugh:
No because I like Dak ........ I am just super pissed at him and want him to play better in big games ...... he has one more year to prove the Jerry feet kissers right ....... and I hope he does because I want another Superbowl.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No because I like Dak ........ I am just super pissed at him and want him to play better in big games ...... he has one more year to prove the Jerry feet kissers right ....... and I hope he does because I want another Superbowl.
There’s no such thing as a Jerry feet kisser no one is pro Jerry be serious for a second. Be pissed at Dak all you want. No one is saying you shouldn’t. You have an issue with me not over Dak but apparently because I agree with version posters…..crazy….

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some of us, you see, look beyond one season.
Which makes me optimistic.
Because there's a lot more to a season, then just w's and l's.
We have a lot of question marks from coaching to players that need evaluation.
This is a great year to evaluate players.

We may not be as competitive as everybody would like. But I assure you, your majesty, every Sunday everybody on this board will be rooting for the Cowboys and hoping for a win.

28 years is a small sample size?

Did we know in 1994? We were going to go on dynasty run?
Come on, be honest. Did Jerry help you write this?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There’s no such thing as a Jerry feet kisser no one is pro Jerry
Do you seriously believe that?

There is a poster (who you and your ilk always defend) who's name is Jerryfan.

rambo2 loves Jerry

Americas Cowboy loves Jerry

The Ranch twins love Jerry

Amber loves Jerry

Jeebus just read the " is Jerry a football guy" thread ...... there are a more than I thought of them.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I do not put conditions on my fandom,

literally every year it's a reset for me it's a new year, rosters change, coaching Staffs change, everything is new every year,,,

trying to put this all together in a 28 year ball and hold it against the team, it's what we root for the star on the side of the helmet that to me is just ridiculous but hey To Each their Own,

but for me it's new every year because there's a reason it's new every year because it's a one off it's different every year, it's not the same exact roster, it's not the same coaching staff, it's not the same exact schedule, we play different teams in different places and it's going to have different results.

I'm all about being negative in each game we watch breaking down plays calling out players and coaches getting mad at referees and being generally negative when it needs to be but once March gets here it's time to start over. Yes that ,ean let the seaosn beofre and the GB loss GO! , Just really watch the season,​
this whole the off season's the worst it ever has been its historically bad offseason blah blah blah now all of a sudden the last three weeks and I don't care how cheap it seems that they're bargain basement shopping, they have literally brought in players that will help this team this year, and they're not done and you can make trees all the way up until the trade deadline to improve your team and they did that one year with Amari Cooper.​

So, all the frustration and all the negativity the last 3 months makes no sense to me cause none of it matters until you play real games we could see real results was the offseason bad I don't know because when they accumulate the roster, and they start playing real games we'll find out what they're made of..

And by the way also overreacting to the first month of the season or I don't know we started out what three and five back in 2018 and that's when we brought in the Amari Cooper end up 10 - 6 going to the second round of the playoffs. I mean all the negativity and the anger that's like early and I think way early the judgments and the anger and everyone uses 28 years to say I have a right to be negative and angry.

Well how about being a Browns fan and not even winning the division since 1986 there are a lot of teams that have no Super Bowls they have no Super Bowl wins at all there are some that have been waiting 60 years and they only have one and so they're waiting on #2.

BUT let's remember that this team is one of only three teams since 1989 using that as a reference because that's when Jerry bought the team that have three or more Super Bowl wins that's rare company even after this 28 year drought and by the way one of them is Kansas City the other is New England let's remember Kansas city's fan base had to put up with a 52 year drought between Super Bowl wins? they seem to be OK now, I mean this is all premature my opinion they're having a drought, but it is not an epic drought ,it's not the worst drought in NFL or SPORTS history, and waiting on number 6 is far different than waiting on number one or two.

So my perspective is,​
just take it one year at a time and you're better off as a fan so you don't harbor all this resentment and anger and then say you have a right but you do have a right but that doesn't mean we're going to agree with you because every year is a new year and I don't care what they did 28 years ago when some of our players weren't even born yet this coaching staff and most of these players are not responsible what's happened over the last 28 years that's just sometimes how the cycle works..​
Yes winning Super Bowls are a cycle and yes I would like to get back to an NFC championship game as well but these win streaks these playoff runs they don't happen very often for many teams that is why it's special it is not the norm it's an anomaly when teams become a dynasty like the Kansas City Chiefs have right now after a 52 year drought who expected this? NOONE​

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Do you seriously believe that?

There is a poster (who you and your ilk always defend) who's name is Jerryfan.

rambo2 loves Jerry

Americas Cowboy loves Jerry

The Ranch twins love Jerry

Amber loves Jerry

Jeebus
5 people out of thousands on this site…this bothers you why? If they like Jerry oh well. I don’t agree with them on Jerry but that doesn’t mean I have to clash with them every chance I get.

blueblood70

Reaction score
5 people out of thousands on this site…this bothers you why? If they like Jerry oh well. I don’t agree with them on Jerry but that doesn’t mean I have to clash with them every chance I get.
Well I have that guy on block like thos i have to to not clash, so I can't clash with him/them,

but there are people that may not be pro Jerry but we could be neutral, we can look at this thing with a wider perspective and stop taking sides..

we can do this on a case by case basis like right now in the case of CD Lamb, I think Jerry's right IN THIS CASE,

I wouldn't come off that money, that is top five(2) money that is not a hometown discount that is very fair and this is on Lamn and his agents that this hasn't got done now so I'm tired of hearing about how the owners haven't offered lamb enough for him to get the sign it's the other way around lamb has refused to sign a fair deal and I have to take the side of Jerry this time he offered the man big time money and he turned it down I would stop right there no more offers and if the fan base blames Jerry for lamb not wanting to sign early for lamb and his agents holding this up until Jefferson or Jamar chase signed then this is on Lamb "Glam" this time in this case..

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
derivative noun (link)
1 [linguistics]: a word formed from another word or base : a word formed by derivation

fanatic noun (link)
1 [disapproving]: a person exhibiting excessive enthusiasm and intense uncritical devotion toward some controversial matter
2: a person who is extremely enthusiastic about and devoted to some interest or activity

fan noun (link)
1: an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator
2: an ardent admirer or enthusiast (as of a celebrity or a pursuit)

Sports devotion is not any different from any other form of devotion in life. Identify anything humanity has experienced in our history to which individuals have devoted themselves. In each instance, devoted individuals are generally divided into fanatics and fans.

The word 'fan' is derived from the term 'fanatic'. Each are similar but both do not share the exact same meaning.

If someone has 'excessive enthusiasm' and 'intense uncritical devotion' for the Dallas Cowboys, that is fine. If another is only an 'enthusiastic devotee' or 'ardent admirer', this is fine too.

However, there is a problem when excessive enthusiasm and intense uncritical devotion decides admiration and non-excessive enthusiasm (which can be both positive and negative) does not define someone other than themselves as a fan. That is judgmental prejudice that dismisses someone else as being only a fan. The prejudice is compounded whenever someone else is dismissed entirely as a fan altogether.

I cannot claim any moral superiority. I have been guilty of doing the exact same thing to fellow Dallas Cowboys' fans. Thankfully, time taught me the important life lesson that devotion of many individuals for one thing can often be a good thing. Being a fan--or a fanatic--of the Dallas Cowboys is a good thing.

Go Cowboys.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I do not put conditions on my fandom,

literally every year it's a reset for me it's a new year, rosters change, coaching Staffs change, everything is new every year,,,

trying to put this all together in a 28 year ball and hold it against the team, it's what we root for the star on the side of the helmet that to me is just ridiculous but hey To Each their Own,

but for me it's new every year because there's a reason it's new every year because it's a one off it's different every year, it's not the same exact roster, it's not the same coaching staff, it's not the same exact schedule, we play different teams in different places and it's going to have different results.

I'm all about being negative in each game we watch breaking down plays calling out players and coaches getting mad at referees and being generally negative when it needs to be but once March gets here it's time to start over. Yes that ,ean let the seaosn beofre and the GB loss GO! , Just really watch the season,​
this whole the off season's the worst it ever has been its historically bad offseason blah blah blah now all of a sudden the last three weeks and I don't care how cheap it seems that they're bargain basement shopping, they have literally brought in players that will help this team this year, and they're not done and you can make trees all the way up until the trade deadline to improve your team and they did that one year with Amari Cooper.​

So, all the frustration and all the negativity the last 3 months makes no sense to me cause none of it matters until you play real games we could see real results was the offseason bad I don't know because when they accumulate the roster, and they start playing real games we'll find out what they're made of..

And by the way also overreacting to the first month of the season or I don't know we started out what three and five back in 2018 and that's when we brought in the Amari Cooper end up 10 - 6 going to the second round of the playoffs. I mean all the negativity and the anger that's like early and I think way early the judgments and the anger and everyone uses 28 years to say I have a right to be negative and angry.

Well how about being a Browns fan and not even winning the division since 1986 there are a lot of teams that have no Super Bowls they have no Super Bowl wins at all there are some that have been waiting 60 years and they only have one and so they're waiting on #2.

BUT let's remember that this team is one of only three teams since 1989 using that as a reference because that's when Jerry bought the team that have three or more Super Bowl wins that's rare company even after this 28 year drought and by the way one of them is Kansas City the other is New England let's remember Kansas city's fan base had to put up with a 52 year drought between Super Bowl wins? they seem to be OK now, I mean this is all premature my opinion they're having a drought, but it is not an epic drought ,it's not the worst drought in NFL or SPORTS history, and waiting on number 6 is far different than waiting on number one or two.

So my perspective is,​
just take it one year at a time and you're better off as a fan so you don't harbor all this resentment and anger and then say you have a right but you do have a right but that doesn't mean we're going to agree with you because every year is a new year and I don't care what they did 28 years ago when some of our players weren't even born yet this coaching staff and most of these players are not responsible what's happened over the last 28 years that's just sometimes how the cycle works..​
Yes winning Super Bowls are a cycle and yes I would like to get back to an NFC championship game as well but these win streaks these playoff runs they don't happen very often for many teams that is why it's special it is not the norm it's an anomaly when teams become a dynasty like the Kansas City Chiefs have right now after a 52 year drought who expected this? NOONE​
Not enough words.

bottleKids

Reaction score
Well if you have an issue with the exchange that’s fine I thought you had an issue with that post . You had no issue with him calling be a d bag though. It’s cool. :laugh:

I’ll say this though. I don’t think this thread should’ve offended anyone especially when it was a positive post but for some reason positivity triggers.
Oh to be clear i think you are both wrong....

there is nothing positive to a thread like this, it leads to what we currently have, 10 pages and growing of System of Down's most popular song baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.