News: Can Tony Romo Ever Get The Respect His Play Demands?

xvendettax914

Reaction score
Fact is nobody can take away what he's been able to do. The facts are there, people make narratives to take away from his accomplishments. It would be a shame for him to not earn a ring. He's, in my opinion done just as much If not more for his team than those other guys to get one.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
Fact is nobody can take away what he's been able to do. The facts are there, people make narratives to take away from his accomplishments. It would be a shame for him to not earn a ring. He's, in my opinion done just as much If not more for his team than those other guys to get one.

We're close Bro. Real close.

And if it's not this year, and there's a very good chance it is, this team will only be getting better for the foreseeable future. (Within Romo's window)

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
As long as there are sports analysts out there who've never played the game pointing out every Romo mistake there will be ignorant fans believing every word they say and coming here to spout their ignorance outting themselves in the process. It's a real easy way to distinguish the more knowledgeable fans/ analysts from those who haven't a clue.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Yes/No (ask russell Wilson) ... Ask one dumb coach (the only chance New England had was for Seattle to put ball in the air... Or on the ground)

In the redverse Seattle won back to back SBs

Last edited:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
As long as there are sports analysts out there who've never played the game pointing out every Romo mistake there will be ignorant fans believing every word they say and coming here to spout their ignorance outting themselves in the process. It's a real easy way to distinguish the more knowledgeable fans/ analysts from those who haven't a clue.

What you talking about analysts? I hope you are not talking about that analyst in NY that never played a down of football rule on a catch...not in real time.

Sage3030

Reaction score
I don't think he will ever get the recognition he deserves, even if he gets a ring. The Romo hate is too far entrenched into the haters psyche to admit he's not what they say. There will be excuses as to why it was a fluke.

It may literally take 500 yd, 4TD 0 int per game, an undefeated season, plus beating all teams with the same exact stats in the playoffs and the Super Bowl, and maybe, just maybe, they will say he's ok.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I really think Romo does not give a **** about who respects him or not...he knows who he is and what he does.

Yep. Romo, a God-fearing Christian only cares about his faith, family, friends, and the men he plays with on Sundays... and that's it.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
He was immediately compared to the greats because his ridiculous numbers and gutsy performances (those 8-8 years were more like 4-12 without Romo). But people forget he was a nobody, undrafted camp body that was gonna lose his roster spot to guys like Quincy Carter or Vinny Testaverde. Instead he's overcame all the odds and immediately resurrected a fallen franchise.

GMs, coaches, coordinators and especially players know how good he is. It took him some time to make the cycle through and play every team at least once - so every guy at this point is like 'that Romo dude is nice.'

Look what he did to the NFLs best defender J.J. Watt.

League's best defense that never loses at home? Lit em up for 30 and dropped a dime on Terrance Williams in the crunch.

On the road in Green Bay? 4th down and your season on the line. Whole world watching. The man went up top to his playmaker, he didn't lay up - he went for it all. That's the stuff legends are made of. And if that call goes our way I have no doubt that monentum propels us through Seattle, again - and who knows after that?

It's not a coincidence that the year he finally gets some semblance of a defense and a running game, we suddenly become legit NFC title contenders.

The guy is one of the best in the business and has delivered at a staggeringly efficient rate for damn near a decade now.

So the good news is, we know it wasn't a fluke - as long as 9 is upright we have a shot. At least I've always felt that way, and even in some of you haters minds - you have to.

ljs44

Reaction score
Unfortunately not until he wins a Super Bowl will he get the respect he deserves.

I hate to admit it, but this is how it is.

And unfortunatly, unless he plays really well in the Super Bowl, he still wouldn't get the credit. For example. if he plays like Big Ben did in his first Super Bowl and Dallas wins anyways, he will never get the credit. He's going to have to play lights out and win to get the credit he deserves.

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
Romo as been getting more respect from some people. Mostly former players that are media people now.

Thefeelofcotton

Mandalorian
Reaction score
I feel like in this day and age, unless you win a Super Bowl you will never be considered a true elite QB. Look at Eli for example, he's won two MIRACULOUS super bowls on the back of his defense and some extremely fortunate circumstances (the Tyree catch, Welker dropping two passes that he would normally catch). Eli is considered a top tier QB when he's a game manager (i.e. Trent Dilfer). The days of the Marinos who dominated the QB position for years but never wont a super bowl and STILL getting elected to the HoF are gone I believe. Do I believe the Cowboys will win a SB with Romo at QB, hell yes, maybe even multiple with a little luck. But, i honestly believe that even if Romo wins a SB he will still have his critics and naysayers. Just comes with being the QB of the Cowboys.

Also, I refer back to the saying "you never get a second chance at a first impression". His first impression in this league was a gunslinger who fumbles snaps on FGs and throws INTs in the 4th quarter of crucial games. That's a hard association to break especially in the public eye. I hear it from Commanders fans and Eagles fans all the time (I live in Virginia), "I'll just wait for Tony Homo to choke it away like he usually does." or "Ya'll's problem is Romo, once you replace him you guys will be better." This just goes to show how much people listen to the media and take what they say as their own opinion. I've said for years that Romo was not the problem and while the statistics back me up, he has not won in the court of public opinion and won't win until he throws a clutch TD in the super bowl for the win or something drastic like Elway's performance in the late 90's.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
We live in a world based on ratings, clicks and shares. As long as the general public is gonna get in a twist every time Romo is downplayed, promoting hot debate, the media is going to continue to do so. It's the world we live in.

Numbers don't lie. But the media moguls do. That's why you don't hear any of this concerning RG III or whoever the QB of the Eagles is this week. They continue to go with what stimulates conversation and that would be Tony Romo and where his legacy stands in the NFL.

If they were being honest and objective, he certainly wouldn't be rated as poorly as we've see them do every other week.
It's a symbiotic relationship in which the media feeds off of ignorance, and in turn feeds it.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Great post.

Romo and the team were unlucky last season.

Lost home field and a playoff bye due to a 3 way tiebreaker where the team they beat on the road got the 1 seed w the same record.

Got jobbed by a reversal of a call that was no where near conclusively incorrectly called on the field.

Despite that it was a great year for Romo and the Boys.

If we can get by Green Bay this year (hopefully with home field in the playoffs) there is nothing else in the way of a Super Bowl appearance.

He was immediately compared to the greats because his ridiculous numbers and gutsy performances (those 8-8 years were more like 4-12 without Romo). But people forget he was a nobody, undrafted camp body that was gonna lose his roster spot to guys like Quincy Carter or Vinny Testaverde. Instead he's overcame all the odds and immediately resurrected a fallen franchise.

GMs, coaches, coordinators and especially players know how good he is. It took him some time to make the cycle through and play every team at least once - so every guy at this point is like 'that Romo dude is nice.'

Look what he did to the NFLs best defender J.J. Watt.

League's best defense that never loses at home? Lit em up for 30 and dropped a dime on Terrance Williams in the crunch.

On the road in Green Bay? 4th down and your season on the line. Whole world watching. The man went up top to his playmaker, he didn't lay up - he went for it all. That's the stuff legends are made of. And if that call goes our way I have no doubt that monentum propels us through Seattle, again - and who knows after that?

It's not a coincidence that the year he finally gets some semblance of a defense and a running game, we suddenly become legit NFC title contenders.

The guy is one of the best in the business and has delivered at a staggeringly efficient rate for damn near a decade now.

So the good news is, we know it wasn't a fluke - as long as 9 is upright we have a shot. At least I've always felt that way, and even in some of you haters minds - you have to.

rynochop

Reaction score
I hate to admit it, but this is how it is.

And unfortunatly, unless he plays really well in the Super Bowl, he still wouldn't get the credit. For example. if he plays like Big Ben did in his first Super Bowl and Dallas wins anyways, he will never get the credit. He's going to have to play lights out and win to get the credit he deserves.

Exactly. I can just hear the haters say, oh any qb could win with that line

rynochop

Reaction score
That espn screen shot of nfc east qbs just pisses me off, it should be laughable, but it makes me angry.lol It would be funny if they were trolling, but no