Can we afford Dak?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A done deal for a long term contract for a QB still on crutches 15 weeks after a horrific leg injury and can’t pass a physical? Tell me Jerry didn’t sign A QB who can’t pass a physical to the largest ever contract. Because that would be insane.

Right now no one can even guarantee Dak will be ready by camp. When is he going to run and cut? When is he going to throw? All we have is one reporter saying Dak’s rehab is going good. He is rehabbing in a pool so as not to put weight on the foot.

One setback in Dak’s rehab will kill the season if Dak is getting $40M per year.
He drafted a LB that some suspected might not even be able to walk correctly. He signed a DE waiting to have shoulder surgery.

There is a way around an injury situation and qualifiers Prescott has to meet to get that money. And maybe they don't sign the deal until he passes the physical but I do think they have already discussed the deal both sides are willing to accept.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
He drafted a LB that some suspected might not even be able to walk correctly. He signed a DE waiting to have shoulder surgery.

There is a way around an injury situation and qualifiers Prescott has to meet to get that money. And maybe they don't sign the deal until he passes the physical but I do think they have already discussed the deal both sides are willing to accept.

Yes, he did draft Jaylon Smith. But, that was a low risk, high reward. We are not talking $100M guaranteed.
Yes, he caved to Lawrence and overpaid and the defense is hurting because those two players are a good size of the cap.

I doubt Prescott will agree to any qualifiers.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Given that the salary cap will drop to $175 Million, it will be interesting to see if the cowboys can afford to pay Dak his $37 million Franchise Tag. If he doesn't sign a deal that allows the team to lessen the cost for this year, the team would be hard pressed to not have to release some players just to say under the $175 Million cap.

Yes

/thread

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Fair enough, I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree. I think the best way to do that is to sort of have the avatars side by side to one another in a bit of a staggered configuration. As for using the toilets and eating, the avatars don't need either of those. If you decide to use the restroom, your avatar just stays put.

Before you said something about taking a virtual walk around the stadium just where are you walking and again wouldn't it need a zillion cameras so everyone can take that virtual walk going who knows where. And why do you need to go on a virtual walk? I could see for a charge that they could offer a tour of the stadium like they have at the stadium but there is a charge fore that. They could tell people they have to logon to VR Chat by a certain time and pay and then someone would have a camera following them along while they do their tour..

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Before you said something about taking a virtual walk around the stadium just where are you walking and again wouldn't it need a zillion cameras so everyone can take that virtual walk going who knows where. And why do you need to go on a virtual walk? I could see for a charge that they could offer a tour of the stadium like they have at the stadium but there is a charge fore that. They could tell people they have to logon to VR Chat by a certain time and pay and then someone would have a camera following them along while they do their tour..
Only if it's a live walk.
You can do 360 degree pics like realtors do for virtual house walkthroughs.

But yeah, live? That's another animal.
Maybe a blended version where the field is live and the other parts are from pics.

I personally don't think anyone is going to invest into this though until the tech makes it cheap and easy.

basel90

Reaction score
Sounds like a good deal and saves the cowboys about 10-15 mil in cap space , plus a proven QB with run and pass ability and an NCAA championship and a CCG appearance in the NFL( Which he almost won against KC)

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is there any proof it works with him?

We have 1 wildcard win in 5 seasons.

Imo, he’s not a difference maker.

If you move a truly elite QB to another team I think you get better results over a 5 year period then that.

Paying for an elite player and not having an elite player is a good way to be mediocre.

I have occasionally gone and watched video of specific players on the offense. Cooper vids. Gallup vids. lamb vids. Pollock vids. Even some TE and OL vids. I see Dak play and watch where he places the ball.

Are all of his passes pristine? No.

Now name me a QB that throws all of then between the numbers. I'll wait.

I read the excuses from the let Dak walk group and do not see this mediocre QB. Sometimes I think I would like to be able to get a print out of the Dak walk posters and see how they posted when Quincy was the QB.

Here's a bit of info, Catch. This team has been mediocre for a long time. But the surest way to become a bottom feeder is to take a talent like Dak and discard him.

Your theory about paying him is a broken record. This is a spot the league has made with the salary cap. They were trying to get away from the same teams at the top, and here we are. The same teams at the top.

I watched a couple of videos on the top 10 Championship losses and top 10 Super Bowl losses. In the championship loses was the 1994 Cowboys/49ers game where dallas spotted them 21 points. The best team on the field was Dallas and Aikman couldn't bring them back. That is ther criteria people used this last season when the team suiddenly fumbled everything they touched.

But it was always Dak couldn't overcome that, he is not elite.

Maybe what needs to happen on this site is to cut the steaming matter falling out of a bull's butt.

Corso

Reaction score
I have occasionally gone and watched video of specific players on the offense. Cooper vids. Gallup vids. lamb vids. Pollock vids. Even some TE and OL vids. I see Dak play and watch where he places the ball.

I read the excuses from the let Dak walk group and do not see this mediocre QB. Sometimes I think I would like to be able to get a print out of the Dak walk posters and see how they posted when Quincy was the QB.

Here's a bit of info, Catch. This team has been mediocre for a long time. But the surest way to become a bottom feeder is to take a talent like Dak and discard him.

Your theory about paying him is a broken record. This is a spot the league has made with the salary cap. They were trying to get away from the same teams at the top, and here we are. The same teams at the top.

I watched a couple of videos on the top 10 Championship losses and top 10 Super Bowl losses. In the championship loses was the 1994 Cowboys/49ers game where dallas spotted them 21 points. The best team on the field was Dallas and Aikman couldn't bring them back. That is ther criteria people used this last season when the team suiddenly fumbled everything they touched.

Maybe what needs to happen on this site is to cut the steaming matter falling out of a bull's butt.

That was... a really good post!
Really good!

You aren't going to change minds, but I very much enjoyed your reasoning and the way you spelled it out.
Whether I agree, or not is irrelevant.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I’m fine with being a bottom feeder..

Being mediocre has run its course with me.

Id rather be bottom feeding and drafting Trevor Lawrence then drafting some rookie corner who just keeps us close to the middle.

Dak is a 1 way ticket to mediocrity.. Look at the league and all of the problems with these paid QBs.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Well, because the system on VR Chat can allow multiple users to be on, move about, and view things at the same time.

Corso

Reaction score
I’m fine with being a bottom feeder..

Being mediocre has run its course with me.

Id rather be bottom feeding and drafting Trevor Lawrence then drafting some rookie corner who just keeps us close to the middle.

Dak is a 1 way ticket to mediocrity.. Look at the league and all of the problems with these paid QBs.
You look forward to multiple seasons of straight losing only to be led by mediocrity, like this team has done for 2 and a half decades.
Yay.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Given that the salary cap will drop to $175 Million, it will be interesting to see if the cowboys can afford to pay Dak his $37 million Franchise Tag. If he doesn't sign a deal that allows the team to lessen the cost for this year, the team would be hard pressed to not have to release some players just to say under the $175 Million cap.

Yes, give him all the money he wants. That's the ticket to the SB.

Brax

Reaction score
Is there any proof it works with him?

We have 1 wildcard win in 5 seasons.

Imo, he’s not a difference maker.

If you move a truly elite QB to another team I think you get better results over a 5 year period then that.

Paying for an elite player and not having an elite player is a good way to be mediocre.
None of the problems or shortcomings are Daks fault, it's always someone or something else that wrong. "he’s not a difference maker", you win a cigar.