Can we all agree QB play Makes WRS

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There are a ton of things players have done so Dez isn't going to be unique. The question is should some of the things he does be acceptable. Things like:

• Arguing with Josh Norman instead of preventing a pick 6.
  • Loafing on a 3rd down instead of blocking for a scrambling QB trying to pick up the 1st down
  • Pouting on the bench needing players coming over to get his head back in the game.
  • Getting frustrated by not getting the ball when the team is winning the game.
Those are things I can't stand to see. At such a high cap hit and as emotional as Dez is, I would like for him to use that emotion to positively impact the team, not negatively impact it. Would be nice for him to have become a leader as he became a veteran.
I'll add running half speed decoy routes when the play isn't to him. And, I'll have to look it up, but this past season Dak got pressure from the middle and the right, he rolled out to the left to extend the play. All of the Wrs/TEs were scrambling playground style trying to get open and there's Dez just standing there watching and holding his junk. That type of mental freeze is what I dislike. Great athlete, but can't keep his focus.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
It’s a lot easier for a QB to stay focused when he touches the ball every game even when he sucks, compared to a WR who is running downfield all game long and his QB fails to throw it to him when he actually should and when he does throw it, it normally sails over his head.

What the hell do people think the phrase ‘developing chemistry’ mean as regards a QB and WR?

It’s clear one player’s skill set is his ability to catch in tight windows of which the offense is catered for, while another’s main weakness is exactly that. This whole offense was built outside hashes first and deep passes that’s the QBs worst throw..

It’s just comical to me that people think WRs are running full speed all game, even when plays aren’t called for them.. or that WRs are somehow going to stay mentally focused the Whole game when plenty of routes they run when the Qb should have thrown it, pulls back because he’s too scared..
A lot of fans do bold and it's funny because ime irl folks get tired real quick of doing their best and not getting credit or acknowledged in some way for doing what they do. In sports though they want everybody to be robots that have no feelings or anything. Some folks really are lost or maybe never played sports.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak was figured out plain and simple.. and he couldn’t adjust. And our coaches had no backup plan because of their idiotic decision to start him in the first place..
not so simple, plain is the word for the offense..teams figured out how to stop the offense once Smith and zeke were out and baily wasn't hitting those sure 3 pointers.. wasn't iditoti the guy was ROY..the idiotic part was no LT backup for smith..
they figured our offensive out Daks just part of it..the entire team had an off year..time to move on lets talk FA and Draft :))

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
"Dez is passionate. he's a passionate person and he's a passionate player." - Jason Garrett

birdwells1

Reaction score
It's maddening that these morons are going to waste years trying to work around a marginal QB like Prescott rather than simply upgrading the position. It's as if we're married to the guy and we have to make it work.

Meanwhile Philly's got a stud, the Giants are about to get their own and maybe even the Commanders. If you think things are bad now it could be much worse in a couple of years.

But let's search for some scheme that allows a QB who can't throw and can't see the field to flourish.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

You were ahead of this last year but I'm not quite on the "get rid of Dak" bandwagon. Might as well give him next year, if he flops then he Garrett will be gone.
JG won't have the benefit of a last place schedule like he has before.

If the new coaching staff in 2019 can't get Dak on track then they'll go in a different direction.

I was puzzled as to why Cooper Rush didn't get to play in the last game. They didn't want any controversy I guess.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
I was with you until the wr make wr, if you can show me where a wide out caught 90+ catches with 1200 yards with an inferior qb play I'll show you a hofer

It's all good. You''l notice, however, I did not state WRs make great WRs.

birdwells1

Reaction score
QB play helps make the receiver, but it doesn't alone make the receiver. Otherwise Antonio Brown wouldn't be any better than any of the other Steeler receivers.

No Antonio Brown is good but Ben makes him great. What do you think his numbers would look like here?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Dez's qbs since signing contract:

Weeden
Cassell
Moore
Prescott

None of these qbs are high level passers of the ball, what do you expect from the receivers.

All wrs numbers suffered this season, what? They fell off also?
Explain drops.

kskboys

Reaction score
I was with you until the wr make wr, if you can show me where a wide out caught 90+ catches with 1200 yards with an inferior qb play I'll show you a hofer
I got this one!!!!!!

2015: DeAndre Hopkins: 111/1521/11 TD's.
QB's: Hoyer, Yates

Hold it......yeah, Hopkins should be a HOFer, barring injuries. Dangitttttttt.

Reactions: G2

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
Qbs make receivers if the receiver needs an accurate pass to catch it. There are freaks like megatron and Fitz who have huge hands and catch almost everything near them. Dez was that early. But now has the case of drops.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Can we all agree a WR shouldn't be taking up 10% of your cap space?

If you have Big Ben, Rivers, Brees, or Romo throwing the ball it should.

How about the defending SB champs?

Their top 3 cap hits in 2018 are Tom Brady and two defensive starters.

The Cowboys top 3 cap hits are a WR and two offensive linemen.

I realize some posters don't think defense matters, but it seems the Patriots may be on to something.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
dez is not the player he used to be and never will be and he is not worth the contract he is being paid and never was but the qb play for the dallas cowboys is going to have tobe much better in order for them to compete with the good teams in the nfl. dak is not talented enough to carry a team so the coaching and scheme has to be better also.