Can we give Dak some credit now?

Proof

Reaction score
Oh yeah? Which ones? The playoff win last season doesn't count - he beat up on another bad team who shouldn't have been in the playoffs.
it absolutely does lol. i’d like to see it against the best of the best as well, but it was a playoff game against brady and a team we’d lost to already

gmb1

Reaction score
I'll give credit when he wins a divisional playoff game and plays phenomenal

CWR

Reaction score
Oh yeah? Which ones? The playoff win last season doesn't count - he beat up on another bad team who shouldn't have been in the playoffs.

Dur let me see, off the top of my head the Seatle playoff win (if that counts) He dominated the Vikings last year who had beaten the Bills and had the best record in the league (if that counts) or maybe since he's 8-4 against the eagles, maybe I just wonder if possibly any of those games were big enough to count. There were about 4 of them his rookie year and since his win/loss record against winning teams is on par with almost every other good qb, minus Mahomes, maybe some of those games were quite possibly big games.

Or I could just pretend he's never won a big game dur.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dak is in his 8th season. He's won a lot of games and made a lot of money, but one thing has eluded him and we all know what it is - postseason success.

At this point in his career "credit" will only be earned in the playoffs. That may not seem entirely fair in a team sport, but he's the QB of the Dallas Cowboys.

With all the positives that come from being the Cowboys QB there also come expectations, and rightly so. Meet the expectations and you become a legend.

Come up short and you get remembered with "yeah, but" along with Meredith, Morton, White, and Romo.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Let me predicate this by saying I'm still no longer sold on him. His playoff performance is the determining factor for me now given the past.

But the way he's been playing after having a little time to get used to the new system has been good. Has he been perfect? Of course not, no QB has.
He's kept the interceptions down this season, was adjusting to a new system with the rest of the offense, and even with hiccups and some of the wins looking a little ugly, they're still looking dominant on the field. He's contributing heavily to that.

While there's still a good amount of season left to play and there are challenges to face, let's give him credit for (aside from a couple of games) an improved season and good play.

I'm still waiting to see if he folds in the playoffs, but acknowledge he (and the offense) have been doing pretty darn well.
No way. Never. Even if he wins the Super Bowl we here at the Zone will find a way to degrade his performance.

He could win three in a row and there would still be holdouts.

Real talk

shabazz

Reaction score
And when Dak leads the Cowboys to the SB, the trolls will bloviate how it took him so long and how he's historically underachieved. All these years and only one Super Bowl? I can hear them already.
…..yeah, I‘ll my chances on that predictio.

Good stuff, lmao

Motorola

Reaction score
Let me predicate this by saying I'm still no longer sold on him. His playoff performance is the determining factor for me now given the past.

But the way he's been playing after having a little time to get used to the new system has been good. Has he been perfect? Of course not, no QB has.
He's kept the interceptions down this season, was adjusting to a new system with the rest of the offense, and even with hiccups and some of the wins looking a little ugly, they're still looking dominant on the field. He's contributing heavily to that.

While there's still a good amount of season left to play and there are challenges to face, let's give him credit for (aside from a couple of games) an improved season and good play.

I'm still waiting to see if he folds in the playoffs, but acknowledge he (and the offense) have been doing pretty darn well.
We have multiple threads a day touting how great Dak is, so Im not sure what you are talking out
OP straddling the fence.
Can CZers just enjoy how the season is going so far, with most of the players doing well -- instead of running down the rabbit hole with Prescott every week?

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Another terrible team coming up next week before an overrated Seahawks for Prescott to pad those stats and feast on before the proper football begins for 4 games. Hilarious how people prop up Dak as Dan Marino when playing on a loaded roster (3rd consecutive season) against horrific teams only to fall flat on his face in the play offs against a good team and ask how on earth did it happen
Lol so even the Seahawks who are gonna make the playoffs are overrated now? Nice way to get your excuses in early before he torches them. So according to you its only 5 good teams in the NFL and if he isn't playing any of those 5 the other 26 teams don't mean anything? Lmao you're a joke :laugh: :laugh:

nobody

Reaction score
All the doubters...

All the haters...

All the attackers...

Stay off of Dak's bandwagon! :hammer:
I'm not on it. I jumped off. But I do respect the guy as a person and give him props when he does well. It's not hard: When he does well, the Cowboys do well. Sad that some people can't see that. That's what the thread is about and I'm taking crap from both sides about it. lol I want him to do well. I want him to prove me wrong in the playoffs. I just don't think he will. I'd prefer some hot roasted crow though. As long as he's QB1, the Cowboys goes as he goes.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm not on it. I jumped off. But I do respect the guy as a person and give him props when he does well. It's not hard: When he does well, the Cowboys do well. Sad that some people can't see that. That's what the thread is about and I'm taking crap from both sides about it. lol I want him to do well. I want him to prove me wrong in the playoffs. I just don't think he will. I'd prefer some hot roasted crow though. As long as he's QB1, the Cowboys goes as he goes.
You've been wrong about Dak since Day 1. So many have. Here is the issue: Dak is not the problem. Is he perfect? No, but he is plenty of good enough to help a team go all the way. The bigger problem has always been in the trenches on both sides of the football. Plus, weapons (or lack of them), including playcalling (especially during situational football). Of course, Dak needs to keep improving. We are seeing him currently play some of the best football in his career.

zeke21

Reaction score
How predictable it becomes.. Dak beats up on the weakest team in the league and everyone is back on the wagon. It was the panthers.. and even then.. Dak didn't actually have a stellar day.. just a solid turn out from a QB on a clearly dominant team.

How about Dak does the same thing against good teams on a consistent basis and then we can all decide?

I'm a 'hater' apparently and if Dak finds a way to help us win a SB then I'll be happy to keep him but still not at stupid money. Dak has done this before in regular season.. and goes missing in key spots.