Can we stop the Eagles push?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Okay. Just remember this the next time Dak or CeeDee suffers a "cheap shot" injury. It was totally "fair"!
Hey, the NFL doesn't care what happens to Cowboys players, so why should I care what happens to other teams' players?

mote

Reaction score
Eagles have converted 13 or 14 times on fourth down this year in the top of the league we've converted seven can't help it think if someone had an answer to that push they would have converted many less and lost a couple more games as they have been down in games at the half and had to come back and squeak out wins just my opinion.
This play has made a significant difference in their season.
How is this different from having a kicker who can routinely hit FGs from >55 yards, like Matt Prater, Justin Tucker or Sebastian Janikowski? Teams should take advantage of whatever competitive edge they have.

mote

Reaction score
Hey, the NFL doesn't care what happens to Cowboys players, so why should I care what happens to other teams' players?
What do you mean by "the NFL doesn't care" about Cowboys players? Are they not getting get well soon cards? What's the NFL supposed to be doing, exactly, that they aren't doing?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If the play is Legal for the Eagles™, then why isn't everyone taking advantage of it?

Odd that there are 31 other teams in the League unable to execute this type of play with even close to the same effectiveness the Eagles achieve. Is their O-line really THAT epically dominant?
I think seeing the success of it, teams are going to start emulating and practicing it. its obvious the bills tried and weren't as good, but teams will learn. trust me. then its a disadvantage to every defense and then league will step in and change the rules. not until then. but teams will start studying it and copy it. its a copy cat league. the same happened with RPO and wild cat.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What do you mean by "the NFL doesn't care" about Cowboys players? Are they not getting get well soon cards? What's the NFL supposed to be doing, exactly, that they aren't doing?
I already mentioned a big way the NFL is turning a blind eye to certain dirty play.

mote

Reaction score
How is a player supposed to tackle from behind without getting dragged for extra yards? I don't think you ever played the game
I already mentioned a big way the NFL is turning a blind eye to certain dirty play.
Even if we agree that a hip drop tackle is "dirty", though it is currently a legal tackling technique, what makes you think the NFL is "turning a blind eye" (again, it is legal) selectively on the Cowboys players? If it's legal, and a player gets hurt from these types of tackles, what's the NFL to do other than evaluate whether the entire league is allowed to use this? Your argument makes no sense.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Even if we agree that a hip drop tackle is "dirty", though it is currently a legal tackling technique, what makes you think the NFL is "turning a blind eye" (again, it is legal) selectively on the Cowboys players? If it's legal, and a player gets hurt from these types of tackles, what's the NFL to do other than evaluate whether the entire league is allowed to use this? Your argument makes no sense.
Going at a player's knees is still allowed. Don't see any personal foul flags or ejections being made against players who tackle at the knees, so what are you complaining about?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Nobody can stop it bc Hurts is the strongest QB in the NFL. We don’t have the beef required in the middle of our defense and there aren’t many who would even make a difference. Maybe Suh in his prime could hold his ground….
It's not hurts its the oline. Mainly kelce

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
How is a player supposed to tackle from behind without getting dragged for extra yards? I don't think you ever played the game
Let's go 1-on-1. You be the ball carrier. I will be the tackler. Guaranteed after I "tackle" you using the hip-drop technique and you end up in a hospital's surgery room, you will see the light. You will know then if I ever played the game. Just give me 1 play at you. You won't be rattling of your mouth so quick.

mote

Reaction score
Going at a player's knees is still allowed. Don't see any personal foul flags or ejections being made against players who tackle at the knees, so what are you complaining about?
Just pointing out the hypocrisy, which you keep repeating. You are bemoaning "dirty" play by other teams against Dallas, yet are actively encouraging dirty play against Philly. And if "all teams do it", then you can be sure the Cowboys have analyzed this already. My logic is more like this, these are professional athletes entertaining us with their talent and skill. Why would I want to see someone harmed via "dirty play" because of their skill? Yes, football is a violent sport, but I highly doubt you will find a single player who is actively seeking to harm another player, because the same thing could be done to them. This is why even the most heated rivals will shake hands and talk after a game. They're humans who compete but recognize and respect their opponents.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Let's go 1-on-1. You be the ball carrier. I will be the tackler. Guaranteed after I "tackle" you using the hip-drop technique and you end up in a hospital's surgery room, you will see the light. You will know then if I ever played the game. Just give me 1 play at you. You won't be rattling of your mouth so quick.
And then we'll switch, I'll be the ball carrier. I'll drag you, my ankles are made of steel

TheCritic

Reaction score
Actually I'd like to see the other teams get creative with the idea and make their own tush push plays. I would, for example, just have plays with my 11 heaviest players on the team just run it down the middle and dare the other team to stop it.