Can we stop the Eagles push?

LBPick

Reaction score
If inside the 2yd line, I would tee off early on their OL and push them back into Hurts. Take the half the distance, rinse, and repeat as long as they keep lining up in that formation. At some point one of two things will happen:
- They will be wary of getting free shots on their players and/or
- After 10 straight penalties bringing the game to a standstill the league will do something about it.
I believe the refs can award the TD when repeated D fouls happen at the goal line.

LBPick

Reaction score
Actually I'd like to see the other teams get creative with the idea and make their own tush push plays. I would, for example, just have plays with my 11 heaviest players on the team just run it down the middle and dare the other team to stop it.
You realize the NFL is an entertainment product, right? Why would fans continue paying to watch Sumoball ?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Loss of forward motion needs to be called sometimes. The refs just stand there waiting for them to get the 1st or TD while Hurts was at a standstill on a few occasions.

Illiniferret

Reaction score
The real reason it works so well is The Eagles offensive line is lower than the defensive line every time. They always have leverage. If you can't get under them you can't stop it period.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How can they end cheating by doing away with something that isn't cheating?
It was cheating until the early 2000s when they took the rule away. However, I'm sure it will be reinstated, rightfully so.

DZSierra

Reaction score
The pro-Eagles NFL can do whatever they want. I would target Hurts' knees just to teach them all a lesson.
The NFL isn't doing anything the Eagles want.

The Eagles found a loophole because you are allowed to push a ball carrier forward (generally by your teamates) in 2006 by the rules change from the NFL. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't give any position where it's illegal to push the ball carrier do they?

Some of you guys really need to get a grip...

DZSierra

Reaction score
Guess he never watched the guy spear Michael Irvin in the back with his helmet and end his career then have the eagles fans all cheering Michael' being paralyzed on the field.
Talk about dirty Play the eagles wrote the book.
Can't believe some of these bleeding heart cry babies worried that we might somehow hurt the eagles
Two wrongs do not make a right. You sir are no better than a philthy eagirls fan. Embrace it lmao I just find it funny how some cowboys fans think they're better than dumb eagles fans. One thing I've learned living all over the world is that no matter where you are at, you have the same type of people you have to deal with no matter where where you live, good and bad (point being, there are good and bad fans for every NFL team if you can't comprehend it).

The added reality is a hit on a player can be considered "dirty" by all means, but how exactly is the push tush a "dirty" play?

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The NFL isn't doing anything the Eagles want.

The Eagles found a loophole because you are allowed to push a ball carrier forward (generally by your teamates) in 2006 by the rules change from the NFL. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't give any position where it's illegal to push the ball carrier do they?

Some of you guys really need to get a grip...
Target hits right above the knees and roll into the lower legs. Sounds illegal......but it isn't.

Legal hit that skirts the rules? It's allowed in football. Correct?

DZSierra

Reaction score
It was cheating until the early 2000s when they took the rule away. However, I'm sure it will be reinstated, rightfully so.
Honestly, I'm not so certain.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for not being able to push the ball carrier forward, but I think the NFL likes allowing it. This is one reason why the push tush has them (NFL) in a quandary IMO.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Target hits right above the knees and roll into the lower legs. Sounds illegal......but it isn't.

Legal hit that skirts the rules? It's allowed in football. Correct?
Correct.

With that pile though, good luck getting momentum along with everyone else in the pile. Most likely a good chance you hurt someone else, even perhaps a teamate.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Correct.

With that pile though, good luck getting momentum along with everyone else in the pile. Most likely a good chance you hurt someone else, even perhaps a teamate.
I'm talking about committing such tackles in plays prior to the Eagles attempting their tush-push baloney.

DZSierra

Reaction score
From what I read they convert this play over 93% of the time if we can't stop it there is a very good chance that it will cost us the opportunity to move on in the tournament.
If you break down the stats, it's actually higher than 93% when it's a second try and less than 1 yard.

Here is a noval idea...Don't let the eagles run or don't let them pass for more than 8 yards in 3 downs.

I could be wrong, but I would think any team that feels confident picking up 1-2 yards on a 4th down will go for it.

DZSierra

Reaction score
You do it during the other downs and early in the game. Aim at his knees and permanently take him out the rest of the season. Let's see those dirty birds and their crooked coach try their tush-push again.

Do it again? Pay the price!
You want to take a guy out because you can't stop a single play where you KNOW exactly what they're going to do?

Great line of thinking...