Can't bear to be silent anymore.

nathanlt

Reaction score
You have some good points about the Cowboys morality in the early 90's. It was not stellar... I was mostly ignorant of it, not nearly as in tuned with the day to day happenings like I am now in today's internet age. Cowboys in the past who were thugs and punks were mostly role players who didn't last very long. I never really was a fan of Deion, but I never disliked him too much... he was just a showboat. I view the morality deficiencies of previous Cowboys players, role players and stars, as a result of human nature when corrupted with money and ego.

t.o. is the only player to stand on the star and mock 55,000 Dallas fans and players, he mocked Emmitt and all the rest of the team, he mocked the ring of honor, he mocked Texas Stadium, all of it. He personally put himself above everything that the Dallas Cowboys are about. Once you cross that line, you don't deserve to be in the NFL, much less in a Cowboys uniform.

I know that football isn't everything in life, I'm spending a lot less time on this board than I ever used to. I'm getting a great deal of enjoyment watching my daughter grow up and enjoying a wonderful summer here in Alaska.

But I'll tell you this, in the corner of my life where football lives, I am absolutely ridding myself of t.o. being associated with the Cowboys. It's brought my enthusiasm for the Cowboys to zero. And I don't understand why anyone in this chatroom stays with a team that has no self-respect. You've all given, well, fairly reasonable opinions about one man isn't going to ruin the team, and all that, but... The Cowboys are sellouts today. When t.o. leaves, I'm going to try to forget that these coming years are even part of the Cowboys history.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
If I quit disowned everything in my life that had bad characters, selfishnes, hypocrites, idiots, criminals, liers, drunks, druggies, cheaters, and you name it; I would have to quit my job, quit my church, quit posting here, quit voting, and I could keep going on but I shall not bore you all.

Ouch. :laugh2:

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
nathanlt said:
You have some good points about the Cowboys morality in the early 90's. It was not stellar... I was mostly ignorant of it, not nearly as in tuned with the day to day happenings like I am now in today's internet age. Cowboys in the past who were thugs and punks were mostly role players who didn't last very long. I never really was a fan of Deion, but I never disliked him too much... he was just a showboat. I view the morality deficiencies of previous Cowboys players, role players and stars, as a result of human nature when corrupted with money and ego.

t.o. is the only player to stand on the star and mock 55,000 Dallas fans and players, he mocked Emmitt and all the rest of the team, he mocked the ring of honor, he mocked Texas Stadium, all of it. He personally put himself above everything that the Dallas Cowboys are about. Once you cross that line, you don't deserve to be in the NFL, much less in a Cowboys uniform.

I know that football isn't everything in life, I'm spending a lot less time on this board than I ever used to. I'm getting a great deal of enjoyment watching my daughter grow up and enjoying a wonderful summer here in Alaska.

But I'll tell you this, in the corner of my life where football lives, I am absolutely ridding myself of t.o. being associated with the Cowboys. It's brought my enthusiasm for the Cowboys to zero. And I don't understand why anyone in this chatroom stays with a team that has no self-respect. You've all given, well, fairly reasonable opinions about one man isn't going to ruin the team, and all that, but... The Cowboys are sellouts today. When t.o. leaves, I'm going to try to forget that these coming years are even part of the Cowboys history.

So you forgive any transgression made by any player to ever play for the Cowboys. Druggies, adulterists, bad character guys, but TO standing on the star is where you draw the line? Do you know how hypocritical that sounds?

Spirit Warrior

Reaction score
nathanlt said:
Ok, where do you start after being a one sport, one team fan for 27 years? Where? No team can ever replace the Cowboys for me. None.
Hollywood Henderson, Duane Thomas, Michael Irvin, Mark Tuinei.......maybe you should have stopped rooting for this team way back then.

Fact is, T.O. doesn't get into trouble off the field with things like drugs. Show me on NFL franchise that doesn't have at least one malcontent or player that's had legal or drug problems. This is a league comprised of mature individuals - not the Pee Wee League.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Hostile said:
You're missing the point, what he's taking from you is 27 years.

That's simply too much power to give any man nate.

Dallas fans are not going to join your cult of anti-TO. You'd have better luck trying to reverse the flow of the Mississippi River.

I am more loyal to the star than you are, because no one can take it away from me. You'll allow it to be taken pretty easily. I'm sorry, that's just the truth in bare naked color.

I'm loyal to the star, but the thought of watching t.o play in a Dallas uniform is ZERO fun. None. It's a chore. It's drudgery and frustration. I'm not going to subject myself to that.

But clearly, I'm not going to convince anyone on this board how much things have changed.

That's why I never should have broken my silence. It was pointless. My mistake.

CIWhitefish

Reaction score
Hostile said:
You're right, it isn't irony, it's self flattery and tilting at windmills.

Ah... a DQ reference. I like.

The whole I hate TO thing is incredibly silly. Would people be all in a tissy if we signed Ray Lewis? He was actually accused of a crime. What has TO ever really done? Did he eat your children? He's a shamless self promoter and wants $ and the ball. Sounds like NFL WR 101 to me. Dallas did not sell their soul. (Jeez that's over used) They got the best WR avail. Sounds like a good thing to me. Oh, and get over the star thing. I did the minute we defended it.

Mansta54

Reaction score
complete waste of time thread.

you call yourself a fan of 27 years but because of one player whom you happen not to like, you're going to completely quit watching and supporting?

why are you a fan in the first place? because you want to see the Boys win games and Super Bowls, or because you want every player on the team to have saved an old lady from a burning building while curing cancer and praising God before?

If I were a mod, I'd make a seperate forum called "most insignificant thread ever" and stick this one in there.

:hammer:

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
nathanlt said:
I am disgusted with the talk on this board, going on and on as if the Cowboys have not made a colossal blunder this offseason.

Jerry Jones sold out all the Cowboys self-respect by groveling at the feet of t.o., the Neanderthal thug, punk and self-absorbed crybaby who has already destroyed 2 NFL teams. There are not adequate words to describe the free-fall the franchise has taken by pursuing such a despicable human being. El Dorado has no business being in the NFL whatsoever, based completely on his childish attitude and unprecedented selfishness. One who has the ability to spit on teammates who welcomed him with open arms two years earlier. His selfishness is coupled with the ability to call OTHERS classless, which only adds to his delusion of the world he lives in. I can imagine little else that is more repulsive. But that would be seeing this idiot with a Super Bowl trophy in his hand, and wearing a Dallas jersey.

I am not watching ANY Dallas games until that 49er and Eagle is out of the Cowboys roster forever.

The other thing that bothers me pales in comparison to the aforementioned disaster. The entire roster, excluding Greg Ellis, has had a swapout in the last 5 years, and the roster continues to churn faster and faster. If you buy a jersey of any player on the Cowboys, there’s a 50% likelihood or greater that he’ll be gone within 5 years. If recent history is any indication, there is a 98% chance he’ll be gone in 5 years. The only safe bet is to buy a jersey of a player whose NFL career is over. The NFL has left the diehard fan in favor of the fantasy football fan who wants a pass by this quarterback to that receiver for a touchdown AGAINST his hometown team. It’s all about player moves and big money. Loyalty, teamwork and improving player skill is out the window. Parity reigns, upsets mean nothing, because there is no powerhouse to have an upset over. There are no loveable underdogs, there are no champions, there are no dynasties. Super Bowl winners only win because some team has to, not because they earned it. No team today would have a chance against any of the teams of 10 and 15 years ago. Skill has taken a major nosedive in addition to all the other problems. Big money is doing it’s best to ruin the football that I grew up with as a kid. I am not contributing to that crap anymore, no NFL Sunday ticket, no NFL channel, no hats, no jerseys NOTHING! I REFUSE TO WATCH!

The only thing I can think of is that the rest of my Dallas Cowboy fan friends have not stopped and noticed all the things that have happened. Because it is not acceptable at all!
Grow up and shut up you fricking baby. I guess you weren't ever really a fan then... No one man is greater than the organization, not Tony Doresett, Not Emmitt Smith, Not Tom Landry, Not Bill Parcells, not Jerry Jones, and ceretainly not TO... If you stop liking the Cowboys because of him signing in Dallas, you were never a real fan of the Dallas Cowboys and you are an idiot poiser.

By the way, see you the Cowboys don't need loser "fans" like you...

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
nathanlt said:
But clearly, I'm not going to convince anyone on this board how much things have changed.

Because as of right now, nothing has changed. The Cowboys are still there, and we will be cheering them on. Where will you be?

gbrittain

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
So you forgive any transgression made by any player to ever play for the Cowboys. Druggies, adulterists, bad character guys, but TO standing on the star is where you draw the line? Do you know how hypocritical that sounds?

Yeah, that simply baffles my mind. Ask Michael Irvin's wife what she thinks is worse, doing coke with a couple of hookers or standing on the star at midfield with your arms outstretched in celebration? We should ask the police the same question?

I have no idea which one they think might be worse? Let me ponder...

Mansta54

Reaction score
:hammer: You should add not reading or posting on any Cowboys forum too.

Love T.O. on the Team and can't wait to see him play.

I'd sell your soul to the Devil for the 6th Trophy.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
nathanlt said:

I know I'm connecting dots here and are not quoting you, but it seems like you're saying "mocking" the star is a worse offense than some of those other deviant acts you referenced.

You have cheered rapists, murderers, etc., because it represents a mere flaw in human nature. But, ******, embarrass the Cowboys in any form or fashion and they should be shunned.

I dunno. Again, I understand where you're coming from -- his actions embarrassed you and mocked the team you loved; now, you refuse to cheer for him for that reason -- but I guess I just don't see things from that standpoint.

I feel worse about myself and my inner beliefs when cheering a guy I know I would detest if not for wearing the star (ie. players who are criminals) than I do rooting for a guy who may be a fart, but has never done anything to harm society.

To me, TO is more a product of a player being jaded by the money and fame offered to football players than a lot of the criminals you excused for that same reason.

And Nathan, I agree with Hostile's stance on giving up your fandom due to the presence of one player. It's obvious the Cowboys are, and have been, a part of your life. You'll surrender that for a guy you hate, while saying you're making a statement by refusing to support said player? Seems like even now, TO is controlling you more than he is any of us.

Roughneck

Reaction score
I am not contributing to that crap anymore, no NFL Sunday ticket, no NFL channel, no hats, no jerseys NOTHING! I REFUSE TO WATCH!
BS

When the Preseason/Season Starts, you will be watching just like everybody else.

It's already been proven once on this thread that you don't keep your word (at least on message boards) so cool off and go read a book or something. Just don't play that "I'm not paying attention" card because it doesn't fool anyone.

Mansta54

Reaction score
There's no fun in the Cowboys because of him. This has nothing to do with the hypocrite story which was very powerful in your life, but has no parallel in watching football. He's closer to the team than I am? Of course he is, he's wearing a jersey. Trouble is, that's not the team I knew.

And I'm giving t.o. no power, no money, no revenue from me. That's all he cares about. If all Dallas fans refused to watch until t.o. was off the team would that force Jerry to cut him and NOT increase his power or his money.

But today's Dallas fans aren't loyal to their own star. Someone can take a dump on it, and today's fans will overlook it if the individual has talent.

What a RIDICULOUS statement.. Unbelievable!!!!!

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Roughneck said:
BS

When the Preseason/Season Starts, you will be watching just like everybody else.

It's already been proven once on this thread that you don't keep your word (at least on message boards) so cool off and go read a book or something. Just don't play that "I'm not paying attention" card because it doesn't fool anyone.

seriousbusiness.jpg

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
yeah, but can you get boozed up there without getting arrested for public drunkeness?

There is no college football atmosphere like LSU, where the tailgating is second to none, and the booze is free.
Where the hell have you been for the last 3 months?

Laron Landry TH.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
You know, had TO literally Najeh'ed on the star, I would have been much more offended than I was that day (and I was offended as it was).

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Just because this thread has everything else...

http://img305.*************/img305/2723/jesushealsblindmanlol8ko9jn.jpg