Can't bear to be silent anymore.

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
You should try watching NCAA football. The NFL pales in comparison, especially the in-person experiance. The gameday atmospheres at places like Texas, Texas A&M, Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, etc. are simply unspeakable.

Its also nice to see players playing it for the love of the game, as most will never set foot in the NFL.
As far as atmospheres go Royal Memorial doesn't compare to Kyle Field when the Aggies are going good.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
You know I went to last years Monday night Game against the Commanders and it really wasn't even close to the Ohio St vs Michigan games atmosphere.

You've Been to the Shoe so you know what I'm talking about.

And Yes we REALLY hate that Team up North!:D

Me, my dad, and my uncle (OSU alum) were sitting on the line between a group of OSU fans and a group of Michigan fans

Their verbal bouts were more entertaining than the game itself :laugh2:

Nav22

Reaction score
The star is the only thing constant with the Cowboys. My only recourse to defend the star is to protest T.O. and boycott all his games.
You're not protesting "T.O." by not supporting the Cowboys while he's there... you're protesting the Cowboys.

You're not boycotting T.O.'s games... you're boycotting Cowboys games.

"T.O." does NOT equal "Cowboys".

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
As far as atmospheres go Royal Memorial doesn't compare to Kyle Field when the Aggies are going good.

yeah, but can you get boozed up there without getting arrested for public drunkeness?

There is no college football atmosphere like LSU, where the tailgating is second to none, and the booze is free.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Well Nate you must have mucho self discipline......Not watching the Cowboys???????????

That would be worse than giving up Dr Pepper or a good cold beer on a hot day for a year. That would be even more difficult than giving up sex for any length of time.:)

Not watching the Cowboys?????......Like I said, you must be one tough hombre. ;)

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:

This is true

I just hope the Ags give the 12th Man something to cheer about this year

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
:lmao: ...whatever you say.

And it's Darrell K. Royal Texas Memorial Stadium to you my friend.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Here's my question. Did you not embrace Deion, as a self-promotional jack... and ex-Niner?

To me, this signing is no different. As disgraceful as dancing on the star was to all of us, to be honest, I don't ever think that was meant as a "jab" at us. It was all about TO promoting himself, and on what better stage than on the star with Good "looking down"? Am I justifying it? No.

It was insulting. But then so were some of the things Deion did prior to and while being here -- how 'bout his pass interference no-call against Irvin that arguably cost us our, at the time, fifth title?

Did you stop watching when he signed? Do you stop rooting when players who are actual menaces off the field -- ie. accused rapists, murderers, adulterers and drug-snorters -- roamed Texas Stadium?

I ask these questions because, in the grand scheme of things, I don't think T.O.'s actions are worse than those of players we have had in the past -- either in terms of being an actual detriment to society or in terms of "disrespecting" us.

People laughed at us a lot more when our star receiver was being arrested time and time again than they did when they saw TO dance on the star.

And for the record, I supported Deion and Irvin -- Irvin being one of my all-time favorites to watch. So maybe I'm jaded, who knows.

I certainly understand your frustration with TO being here, but like I said, I don't think it's that different from signings/actions we've had in the past.

This business is all about winning. Parcells will and has signed every type of menace "for the right price," and will discard of such players the minute they become disruptive.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
Well Nate you must have mucho self discipline......Not watching the Cowboys???????????

That would be worse than giving up Dr Pepper or a good cold beer on a hot day for a year. That would be even more difficult than giving up sex for any length of time.:)

Not watching the Cowboys?????......Like I said, you must be one tough hombre. ;)

Thanks for that mental image, pops. I just threw up in my mouth a little

:puke:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
austintodallas said:

Texas is getting almost as bad as Tceh these days. What is it now, Jones SBC Memorial @ Pizza Hut Park? :lmao:

And if you had been at the Texas game in 1999, you wouldnt be laughing

jimmy40

Reaction score
austintodallas said:

Been a Longhorn fan since '69. How about you?

Doesn't change the fact that Aggie fans at Kyle Field when the Aggies are going good blow away Longhorn fans at Royal Memorial. That's a fact.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
nathanlt said:
There's no fun in the Cowboys because of him. This has nothing to do with the hypocrite story which was very powerful in your life, but has no parallel in watching football. He's closer to the team than I am? Of course he is, he's wearing a jersey. Trouble is, that's not the team I knew.

And I'm giving t.o. no power, no money, no revenue from me. That's all he cares about. If all Dallas fans refused to watch until t.o. was off the team would that force Jerry to cut him and NOT increase his power or his money.

But today's Dallas fans aren't loyal to their own star. Someone can take a dump on it, and today's fans will overlook it if the individual has talent.
You're missing the point, what he's taking from you is 27 years.

That's simply too much power to give any man nate.

Dallas fans are not going to join your cult of anti-TO. You'd have better luck trying to reverse the flow of the Mississippi River.

I am more loyal to the star than you are, because no one can take it away from me. You'll allow it to be taken pretty easily. I'm sorry, that's just the truth in bare naked color.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:

Doesn't change the fact that Aggie fans at Kyle Field when the Aggies are going good blow away Longhorn fans at Royal Memorial. That's a fact.

I think it has more to do with organization than anything. 85,000 people yelling is nice, but 85,000 people yelling the exact same thing at the exact same time is LOUD.

Texas is loud, they just dont have yell leaders to organize everyone at once. And believe it or not, opposing teams players say that all the white towels waving is a serious distraction. Brett Farve said it made him naseous

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:

'92 UT Grad. Been to a handful of games in College Station. No disrespect to you...just think we can hang with 'em.

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
I think it has more to do with organization than anything. 85,000 people yelling is nice, but 85,000 people yelling the exact same thing at the exact same time is LOUD.

Texas is loud, they just dont have yell leaders to organize everyone at once. And believe it or not, opposing teams players say that all the white towels waving is a serious distraction. Brett Farve said it made him naseous
I used to work with a guy that played for Baylor about 6-7 years ago and he said the head coach told them not to look up at the croud. Lol.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
nathanlt said:
No... you actually need to go get a dictionary for irony... look up "your" as well.

The star is a symbol, the team is becoming a rapid rotation of people through jerseys with stars on them... The star is the only thing constant with the Cowboys. My only recourse to defend the star is to protest T.O. and boycott all his games. That's not irony.
You're right, it isn't irony, it's self flattery and tilting at windmills.

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

I went to see A&M play Southern Miss a few years ago and sat in one of the private boxes (Coca Cola function) and it was really strange because you couldn't hear the crowd at all inside that box.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I am more loyal to the star than you are, because no one can take it away from me. You'll allow it to be taken pretty easily. I'm sorry, that's just the truth in bare naked color.

:hammer:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
I went to see A&M play Southern Miss a few years ago and sat in one of the private boxes (Coca Cola function) and it was really strange because you couldn't hear the crowd at all inside that box.

Yeah, they added thick glass to the press boxes and such back in the early 90s because the stadium was so loud you couldnt hear the radio guys or commentators on TV.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Hostile said:
You're missing the point, what he's taking from you is 27 years.

That's simply too much power to give any man nate.

Dallas fans are not going to join your cult of anti-TO. You'd have better luck trying to reverse the flow of the Mississippi River.

If I quit or disowned everything in my life that had bad characters, selfishnes, hypocrites, idiots, criminals, liers, drunks, druggies, cheaters, and you name it; I would have to quit my job, quit my church, quit posting here, quit voting, and I could keep going on but I shall not bore you all.