Carson Wentz

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And then he got hurt and their team and offense didn’t even really miss a beat, and they won a Super Bowl.

MVP is most valuable player.

No knock on Wentz, but how is he the most valuable player when he goes out and the offense he ran still wins a championship, lighting up the #1 defense and beating the patriots in a Super Bowl.

Honestly, it’s proof that he isn’t the most
Valuable guy in the league. Again, not saying he isn’t good. But come on.

So they give the MVP to Brady but his team almost never loses when he misses time either.. So what?

rags747

Reaction score
Wentz and his team finished last place his rookie year. He comes back and has a good 2nd year. After 2 years, both of them are the same. Except Dak never had his team finish last. I don't get this narrative that Wentz is now some great QB. Dak had a bad last half of the season. But everyone just completely forgets everything before that. Why? He obviously has the potential. Coaching matters, though. Look at Foles when he left Fisher. And Goff. Garrett will ruin his career, too if we let him hang around. He sucks the life out of this team from top to bottom.
So at this point are you taking Dak over Wentz? Me, I'm trading Dak and a #1 for Wentz right now.

River82

Reaction score
So at this point are you taking Dak over Wentz? Me, I'm trading Dak and a #1 for Wentz right now.

Confident considering nobody knows how he'll return from his ACL.

The most important thing Dallas can do right now is get the rest of their team right. You don't need a superstar QB to win the SB

kevm3

Reaction score
I know and that's what I',m saying. Fans acting like Wentz was the entire team. Even eagle fans were saying their season was over. Now they got to see just how good a team they had.

I didn't see a single weakness on that Eagle roster, and it definitely showed this year. Strong running game, strong receivers, above average O line, above average if not excellent defense.

uvaballa

Reaction score
I didn't see a single weakness on that Eagle roster, and it definitely showed this year. Strong running game, strong receivers, above average O line, above average if not excellent defense.
Eagles have a very good oline and dline.

They improved their team so quickly due to going out and signing good FAs. They got Jenkins and McLeod (very good safeties), Chris Long, Jeffries, Ajayi,etc. Their GM did a great job or bringing in the right guys.

uvaballa

Reaction score
He isn't chopped liver. He's the Eagles best QB by quite a margin
No one said he's chopped liver. The eagles team is good enough to win without him is all most of us are saying. That's a testament to the roster they have.

jimmy40

Reaction score
give a QB 15 seconds to throw the ball and they can do great things.

starcity214

Reaction score
Their WR core is jaggy. They are all solid at best but they have a genius calling plays and it makes them execute better.

According to our fans, they have future HOFers playing all over their offense which is just not true.

What player on that offense is a future HOFer?

I get it though.. anything to make their QBs look bad and give ours a pass..

System..

Coaching..

At the end of the day, I saw Foles make some unbelievable throws into tight coverage. Our QB wouldn't have even tried making those..

Foles played with giant footBALLS today..

I give him props.

That is why Pederson/Foles are champions and Garrett/Prescott will never sniff a ring.

You have to play to win and take chances and not play like cowards!!

HungryLion

Reaction score
According to our fans, they have future HOFers playing all over their offense which is just not true.

What player on that offense is a future HOFer?

I get it though.. anything to make their QBs look bad and give ours a pass..

System..

Coaching..

At the end of the day, I saw Foles make some unbelievable throws into tight coverage. Our QB wouldn't have even tried making those..

Foles played with giant footBALLS today..

I give him props.

That is why Pederson/Foles are champions and Garrett/Prescott will never sniff a ring.

You have to play to win and take chances and not play like cowards!!

So if it isn’t the team around him, and it isn’t the coaching and system. I guess you should never blame Romo’s lack of a championship on the team around him.

It cuts both ways.

Garrett/Romo and /Phillips/ Romo. Never sniffed a ring either.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Switch QBs
Wentz has been enjoying that luxury all year against easy opponents and we're all supposed to believe he's the "second coming of Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers/*insert favorite legendary QB here*"

I still don't get how people don't see this. He plays behind the best OL in football. Top 5 run game. Great coach. Defense he can lean on. Besides tonight obviously. He got to stand behind a line that gave him all the time in the world. WRs who can get open and catch. TE's who can actually stretch the field unlike our corpse at TE. He was throwing to wide open WRs all game. He did nothing Dak didn't do his rookie year. At all.

starcity214

Reaction score
Again we aren't talking about only tds thrown. Wentz finished with 60.2 completion %. Why does Dak get killed for his accuracy issues, but not Wentz?

Because Dak throws pick sixes on 5 yard routes.

Because Dak goes to the Pro Bowl QB skills competition, is the only QB to practice the day before, and still can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Also, goes against a retired NFL QB (Carr) and still manages to miss all targets standing 10 yards away while the retired QB hits all of them.

At this point, you just look like a family member or fanboy...