Carter is the pick

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Eddie;3931309 said:
Yes, I hope so. I can't bare more wasted 2nd round picks.

I agree. The injury knocked Carter out of the 1st but he had the best in the business performing the sugery and is expected to make a full recovery

Primetime42

Reaction score
Eddie;3931287 said:
Coming back from an ACL injury.

I don't like these kind of risky picks. He "would" have been a top 15 pick prior to the injury ... but ACL's are no joke. We're potentially looking at throwing away another 2nd round pick.
ACL injury are nowhere near as debilitating as they used to be.

As long as he rehabs properly he'll be fine.

birdwells1

Reaction score
rocyaice;3931031 said:
Bradie James isn't a problem. If Carter is a player than guess what? You have DEPTH. You can have both guys on your roster.
So we're good enough (6-10) to draft for depth in the top of the second round?

aggiecurt05

Reaction score
birdwells1;3931495 said:
So we're good enough (6-10) to draft for depth in the top of the second round?

It's weird, for a defense that has a lot of great players, they were certainly terrible statistically last year.

Bradie James isn't good enough to think the cowboys can't use an upgrade. Besides, he's gone after next season.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
l2obert;3931209 said:
guy looked so-so in 2009, his 2010 stuff looks like Dawkins! And at the end he runs down WR Marcus Davis :cool:

[youtube]q6nFL9XVNmo?hd=1[/youtube]

Wow, that guy is fast! That play to stop the QB before the 1st down was nothing less than spectacular. He can play on my team any day. Chasing down a WR from behind w/ no angle involved. I am salivating thinking of the ways Ryan can use him. Plus he can block punts and field goals. He looks at least as fast as Dexter Coakley.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
5Stars;3930929 said:
Projected as a 15th round pick and the Cowboys got him a 40...

Not bad, not bad at all...

I bet this was a Ryan pick?
:confused:

Damn.. that's some projection :laugh2:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
cobra;3930917 said:
He absolutely will play inside.

He's a fast smaller type LB. Great in coverage (for a LB).

Not who I would have picked, but he could be a fit.

smaller? He's 6'2" and 250! who's bigger than that on our team...and he runs a 4.5 40.

I think he's definitely moving inside at LB...he'll be groomed there just like Lee was last year.

One of his strengths is coverage and speed...he makes plays all over the field, sideline to sideline...so he'll be the perfect nickel backer to get Brooking and James off the field in passing situations.

Right now, he and DeMarco Murray will be role players, but they will have key roles next year that will make us a better defense and a better offense.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
wayne motley;3931666 said:
smaller? He's 6'2" and 250! who's bigger than that on our team...and he runs a 4.5 40.

I think he's definitely moving inside at LB...he'll be groomed there just like Lee was last year.

One of his strengths is coverage and speed...he makes plays all over the field, sideline to sideline...so he'll be the perfect nickel backer to get Brooking and James off the field in passing situations.

Right now, he and DeMarco Murray will be role players, but they will have key roles next year that will make us a better defense and a better offense.

If he can stay healthy he can definitely dominate.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I like the pick. Many had him as the best LB in the draft before his injury. Along with Austin and Quinn, they had three of the projected top 15 players in the draft early on.

Good pickup and leads me to believe that we'll address secondary in FA.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Jerry Jones just said on the Ticket that Larry Lacewell weighed in heavily on this pick.

Just passing along what he said cuz I thought it was interesting that Jerry felt the need to pass along this info during his press conference, so apparently Jones still leans on Lacewell for guidance,

Don't shoot the messenger, I have no idea whether this is good or bad.

From the books I've read about the 90's Cowboys, Lacewell was spoken of pretty positively.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
dmq;3931513 said:
Wow, that guy is fast! That play to stop the QB before the 1st down was nothing less than spectacular. He can play on my team any day. Chasing down a WR from behind w/ no angle involved. I am salivating thinking of the ways Ryan can use him. Plus he can block punts and field goals. He looks at least as fast as Dexter Coakley.

And that was already after the WR was in stride. Did you see that burst of acceleration? Good lord...I'm not disappointed at this pick. Not in the least bit. I have a feeling he will reek havoc, this season.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
I say this guy gets converted to safety, like Woodson. But if he stays lb, the kid can straight up ball

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
yimyammer;3931786 said:
Jerry Jones just said on the Ticket that Larry Lacewell weighed in heavily on this pick.

Just passing along what he said cuz I thought it was interesting that Jerry felt the need to pass along this info during his press conference, so apparently Jones still leans on Lacewell for guidance,

Don't shoot the messenger, I have no idea whether this is good or bad.

From the books I've read about the 90's Cowboys, Lacewell was spoken of pretty positively.

I think people are hoping they didn't really just read this.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
PullMyFinger;3931923 said:
I say this guy gets converted to safety, like Woodson. But if he stays lb, the kid can straight up ball

A 240+lb safety?

I'm thinking we'd have a few dissenters questioning his ability to cover ......especially after our nimble 190lb CB proved he couldn't last year.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Keep seing him anywhere from 230 to 250. So what is he really, cause at 230 he's too small. (hopeing the 250 is more acurate.
I am a little underwhelmed by day 2 !

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Sarge;3931066 said:
So you've never focused on him other than the youtube video clips but it's your least favorite pick in 5 years?

oooooooook.

Yes, that is the case.
He was never on my radar because um he had ACL surgery, is projected as a 4-3 OLB and weighs 242.

I didn't see any need for another 240 pound inside backer on the team that merited a top 50 pick.

There is plenty of talk by guys who love him that he wont be ready to start the season off.

I understand taking falling talent but if that falling talent always carries a gotcha it becomes worrisome.

And I just read where Lacewell apparently weighed in? OH LAWD! That means my dislike probably isn't enough to make him a player, Lacewell is the anti-scout. Whoever he says draft you should write off your board.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
kiheikiwi;3931959 said:
Keep seing him anywhere from 230 to 250. So what is he really, cause at 230 he's too small. (hopeing the 250 is more acurate.
I am a little underwhelmed by day 2 !

I'm not positive, but I've read that he played at or around 230 something....but he was listed at the combine at 6'2" 241. Draft coverage listed him at 6'1" 241 IIRC.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
tomson75;3931974 said:
I'm not positive, but I've read that he played at or around 230 something....but he was listed at the combine at 6'2" 241. Draft coverage listed him at 6'1" 241 IIRC.

Yes. UNC listed him generously at 6'3" and 235. But that is usually the freshman measures plus 2 and 20... i.e. he showed up at 6'1" and 215 and they have been listing him as such ever sense. He obviously has added weight and was expected to play at about 235. He hit the combine at 6'2" and 241 so thats what he measured that day on the real scale.

His size is a very real concern for me. He is almost exactly the same size as Sean Lee. 6"2" and 242.

I don't see either of those guys taking Bradie's role or being the plugger in short yardage.

Part of my dislike for the pick is it is Sean Lee all over again. Great coverage guy and athlete with injury concerns slowing him to start and less size than standard at 3-4 ILB.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
jterrell;3932273 said:
Yes. UNC listed him generously at 6'3" and 235. But that is usually the freshman measures plus 2 and 20... i.e. he showed up at 6'1" and 215 and they have been listing him as such ever sense. He obviously has added weight and was expected to play at about 235. He hit the combine at 6'2" and 241 so thats what he measured that day on the real scale.

His size is a very real concern for me. He is almost exactly the same size as Sean Lee. 6"2" and 242.

I don't see either of those guys taking Bradie's role or being the plugger in short yardage.

Part of my dislike for the pick is it is Sean Lee all over again. Great coverage guy and athlete with injury concerns slowing him to start and less size than standard at 3-4 ILB.

:laugh2:

Do me a favor quick.. go research for 5 seconds and tell me what Bradie James measured in at the combine.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3932370 said:
:laugh2:

Do me a favor quick.. go research for 5 seconds and tell me what Bradie James measured in at the combine.

That would be a cute point if it was a valid one.
Bradie played at LSU in the mid 250s in college. He lost weight to get his speed up for the combine. He ran in the 4.7s IIRC so was slow but overly productive.

LSU listed him at 6'3" and 248. That's what 13 pounds heavier than Carter's listing?
James is LSU's second all-time leading tackler and holds the single season tackle mark.

In fact Carter has 215 career tackles while James had over 150 in a single season.

Want to imply again these guys are the same type player?