Carter is the pick

RS12

Reaction score
bbgun;3931237 said:
So if Mallett was the highest guy left on their board they should have selected him? ILB is a need, but not a crying need. It would be unduly optimistic to expect anything from him in 2011, and it remains to be seen if he's big enough to hold his own at the point of attack or fully recover from the ACL.

Gotta disagree with you there. I see it as a gaping hole.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
MetalHead;3931169 said:
Just as crazy as Parcells' 10-6 record with Campo's 5-11 teams?
Same terrible players,just crazy coaching.
Go away.

Parche;3931178 said:
Yeah, thats right. If that would be the case, no one would hire coaches, just players. And the best players, because only the best players win... Yeah, sure.

Parche, i think you guys are basically saying the same thing. read his post again, it was in reply to a cowboyvic who said coach don't matter, players do... hope that helps

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
basstapp;3930995 said:
We have two former all pro corners and Scandrick & Ball for corners

We will sign Huff and Resign Sensy or sign a safety in draft, quit your crying.
And who knows, maybe carter can be a safety, Woodson part 2

Doomsday101

Reaction score
PullMyFinger;3931253 said:
And who knows, maybe carter can be a safety, Woodson part 2

Prior to the injury he was recognized as a workout warrior. Reportedly has been timed at 4.39 in the 40-yard dash, and owning a 40.5-inch vertical jump and a 440-pound max bench press, 605-pound squat and a power-clean of 374 pounds. Special teams demon for North Carolina in 2008. Led the country with five blocked kicks, including four punts. Blocked eight kicks for his career.

at a 4.39 I would not bet aginst it. But even if he goes to LB people have complained how our LB can't cover this kid can

30yrheel

Reaction score
don't forget about special teams. he set a unc record for blocking punts. teams started game planning for him on punts, believe or not.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'll be honest this would not have been my pick but I'm not full of myself to think it is a bad pick. We will see, before going down he was highly touted as a top pick and according to Andrews they expect a full recovery

802dave

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3931258 said:
Prior to the injury he was recognized as a workout warrior. Reportedly has been timed at 4.39 in the 40-yard dash, and owning a 40.5-inch vertical jump and a 440-pound max bench press, 605-pound squat and a power-clean of 374 pounds. Special teams demon for North Carolina in 2008. Led the country with five blocked kicks, including four punts. Blocked eight kicks for his career.

at a 4.39 I would not bet against it. But even if he goes to LB people have complained how our LB can't cover this kid can

Can't wait until Woicek gets him for a full year!

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Clarence Hill

New Cowboys LB Bruce Carter eats McDonalds "almost every day. I usually get three double cheeseburgers, medium fries, large tea and a six-piece McNuggets. I don't think eating healthy as far as eating salads and that stuff really works for me."

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Arch Stanton;3931274 said:
Clarence Hill

New Cowboys LB Bruce Carter eats McDonalds "almost every day. I usually get three double cheeseburgers, medium fries, large tea and a six-piece McNuggets. I don't think eating healthy as far as eating salads and that stuff really works for me."

:laugh2:

Aw, the beauty of a young metabolism bulking up from safety.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Arch Stanton;3931274 said:
Clarence Hill

I watched Earl Campbell put down 3 double cheese burgers at Charlies Hambergs here in Houston. Did not seem to slow him down. :laugh2:

Eddie

Reaction score
Coming back from an ACL injury.

I don't like these kind of risky picks. He "would" have been a top 15 pick prior to the injury ... but ACL's are no joke. We're potentially looking at throwing away another 2nd round pick.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Eddie;3931287 said:
Coming back from an ACL injury.

I don't like these kind of risky picks. He "would" have been a top 15 pick prior to the injury ... but ACL's are no joke. We're potentially looking at throwing away another 2nd round pick.

And Doctor Andrews says they expect a full recovery. When it comes to opinions on injuries I take the word of the best in the business.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Plus we have Mike Woicik now. I'm banking on him working his magic to make Lee and Carter as durable as possible

Eddie

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3931296 said:
And Doctor Andrews says they expect a full recovery. When it comes to opinions on injuries I take the word of the best in the business.

Yes, I hope so. I can't bare more wasted 2nd round picks.