Twitter: CD dropping balls continues

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
CeeDee didn't even want to wear 88.

Jerry made him.

And I think most of this board sided with CeeDee. That was unfair of Jerry considering the pressure that puts on a rookie. In my view, there are 5 maybe 6 numbers that should never be worn again by Cowboys players: 8, 12, 22, 74, and 88 and maybe 9. Lamb should have been allowed to wear 10 as he wanted. Plus, there are plenty of solid WRs wearing 10.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
And I think most of this board sided with CeeDee. That was unfair of Jerry considering the pressure that puts on a rookie. In my view, there are 5 maybe 6 numbers that should never be worn again by Cowboys players: 8, 12, 22, 74, and 88 and maybe 9. Lamb should have been allowed to wear 10 as he wanted. Plus, there are plenty of solid WRs wearing 10.
Lamb should have been able to make his own number iconic and not be forced to wear a number that will always have ghosts of the past attached to it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You act as if CeeDee wasn't top 10 in dropped passes last season.....

That star on the helmet is blinding for you, huh?

The star? So you don't like anything about this team, the players, the coaches or the owner so what are you pulling for? The Star is that it? Really if one did not know better they may think your are not a fan of this team. We have had 3 days of camp and you crap on anything and everything they do. Really why do you claim to be a fan of this team? I would really like to know

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Lamb should have been able to make his own number iconic and not be forced to wear a number that will always have ghosts of the past attached to it.

And that's part of Jerry's problem. He's living in the past. He wanted Garrett because he apparently reminded him of Landry. He wants Moore because he reminds him if I'm guessing Garrett or Sean McVay with his age. He practically forced 88 onto Lamb when Lamb clearly didn't want it. I'm sure that won't cause issues come negotiating time:

CeeDee: So, my contract needs extending, can I get that done?
Jerry: (in his Southern draw) So, you seem to have a drops problem, and you're not meeting the expectations of your 88 number.
CD: no kidding! I didn't even want that number to begin with!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The star? So you don't like anything about this team, the players, the coaches or the owner so what are you pulling for? The Star is that it? Really if one did not know better they may think your are not a fan of this team. We have had 3 days of camp and you crap on anything and everything they do. Really why do you claim to be a fan of this team? I would really like to know
:popcorn:

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Enjoy because I really see nothing that he cheers for or pulls for. He comes here so I would think he was a Cowboys fan, yet he hates the players, he hates the coach and hates the Owner, so what, is it Rowdy? is it past history or the star?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's a fan 100% but he is not a HOMER Fan!!!!
Now listen to what Jerry says and believe baby!!!!:rolleyes:

CoachD

Reaction score
The Cowboys have had issues with this in the past and it looks like it will continue this year. Just for the record Miles Austin never dropped passes.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He's a fan 100% but he is not a HOMER Fan!!!!
Now listen to what Jerry says and believe baby!!!!:rolleyes:

Fan of what? Clearly not the players, not the coaches and now the Owner. So what exactly is he and you as far as that goes a fan of? The star on the helmet? lol

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Enjoy because I really see nothing that he cheers for or pulls for. He comes here so I would think he was a Cowboys fan, yet he hates the players, he hates the coach and hates the Owner, so what, is it Rowdy? is it past history or the star?
Personally, I would applaud him for ranting about Rowdy. He could make a hundred posts about him and I would not even blink.

I really dislike Rowdy.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I expect players to show up when it matters most. I don't want to see players making excuses when they fail. Own it and get better.

I expect the coaches to motivate, plan, and have the team prepared to win very single week .I don't want to hear what you will do in the offseason to get better. You do it now.

I expect the ownership to do what is required to improve each and every year. We've not made the playoffs in back to back years in almost 15 years.

This team has not shown up for 26 years now.

You be a fan however you want and I'll be a fan however I want, okay?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It would be worth it if I could read them between the lines as bad neighs.

:grin:

Well, for one thing, having someone dress up in a Cowboy suit makes no sense, and it looks hideous. Let's face it, human suits like Rowdy's and the Patriots ones are destined to be ugly. If we want a cowboy "mascot", then all we really need is a person literally dressed as a cowboy. Sort of like Crazy Ray did. No suit needed like Rowdy. If we have to have a suited mascot, then there are animals that cowboys are associated with that would be associated with such as a horse (of course, I'd suggest this), dog, or a bull. Either of those would be a much better fit. Or, if they wanted to look really badass, then they could also have someone in a centaur suit that looks like a cowboy on the human body, and the horse body would be a rodeo horse body.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I expect players to show up when it matters most. I don't want to see players making excuses when they fail. Own it and get better.

I expect the coaches to motivate, plan, and have the team prepared to win very single week .I don't want to hear what you will do in the offseason to get better. You do it now.

I expect the ownership to do what is required to improve each and every year. We've not made the playoffs in back to back years in almost 15 years.

This team has not shown up for 26 years now.

You be a fan however you want and I'll be a fan however I want, okay?

These players have not been part of the 26 years, this team was 12-5 no matter how you spin it and yes they need to improve and in camp doing just that working to improve as a team and you would figure most fans would back and support their team but hey you come up with your own definitions. It must really suck watching games at your house because based on the crap you spew here. I never said you should go pull for someone else I asked what are you a fan of? you make that claim if that players was not wearing the star you would think different, so what is the star you pull for?

StarLord

Reaction score
I get CD is a really good player, but I'm not sure he can be considered a #1 wideout with the amount of drops he has. Trying to think of a legit #1 with the same degree of drops..

For me, a healthy Gallup is probably our best receiver at the moment.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
my credibility

I haven't had grape koolade since I was a kid. On the tail end of my second go round with The Vid. Just had a real desire for a big cold glass. My boss around the house mixed up a batch. She did a great job.

I am sitting at my desk taking a long cool pull of this sweet concoction when I read your post. At the precise moment I got to the above I burst out laughing.

They say little droplets of koolade will never come out of a t-shirt.

I guess I will have a reminder of your witticism until she tosses it out.