CD "Jerry wants Dak here too, so let's just get this under control and kill the speculation."

phildadon86

Reaction score
all of those qbs suck
Ok. Show me what average looks like then?

Seems to be pretty subjective. Daniel Jones got paid. Hes average.

I am just pointing out that average QBs dont win at the rate Dak does against bad competition with a good supporting cast.

No where in my statement am I defending Dak. Just saying the argument doesnt make sense.

Also. You can be Montana in the regular season. I dont care. Unless you are Montana when the lights shine the brightest in the playoffs. Dak isnt that.

phildadon86

Reaction score
yes 2018.

Yall really dont understand the effects of a tired defense and what multiple 3 and outs on offense does to them
I do understand it.

What was the excuse for allowing a scrub RB to run for 200 yards?

Its not like it was CMC back there for the rams.

This team has been incapable of stopping the run for a long time.

You seem to not understand the effects of long drives of the opposing team does to the offense and their ablity to work together. Losses very rarely fall on the shoulders of one player. If they did. There wouldnt be 53 freaking players on the team. There would be 22.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
100% if anyone believes he was holding up negotiations until he was confident Prescott was coming back they are deluded. It was clear they weren't on the same page in the playoffs and Lamb's family wasn't saying that stuff about Prescott out of nowhere. If they went in another Direction with a different quarterback he'd be praising that guy too
Instead of listening to what they say you guys create your own speculation and then call people deluded lol.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Ok. Show me what average looks like then?

Seems to be pretty subjective. Daniel Jones got paid. Hes average.

I am just pointing out that average QBs dont win at the rate Dak does against bad competition with a good supporting cast.

No where in my statement am I defending Dak. Just saying the argument doesnt make sense.

Also. You can be Montana in the regular season. I dont care. Unless you are Montana when the lights shine the brightest in the playoffs. Dak isnt that.
Kirk Cousins being in the league for 12 years and getting two massive contract extensions for doing the exact thing that the realist accuse Dak of makes this not even up for debate

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I do understand it.

What was the excuse for allowing a scrub RB to run for 200 yards?

Its not like it was CMC back there for the rams.

This team has been incapable of stopping the run for a long time.

You seem to not understand the effects of long drives of the opposing team does to the offense and their ablity to work together. Losses very rarely fall on the shoulders of one player. If they did. There wouldnt be 53 freaking players on the team. There would be 22.
I dont want to hear about no damn rushing yards.
My initial point is that having a better QB wins us those games. And I stand by that. Dak and the offense did nothing for 2 quarters in a game that was decided by 8 points.

The defense AND the QB needing to be better to win that game are both true

phildadon86

Reaction score
Kirk Cousins being in the league for 12 years and getting two massive contract extensions for doing the exact thing that the realist accuse Dak of makes this not even up for debate
Thats 1.

You telling me there is only 1 average QB in the NFL?

I am not disagreeing with you.

Asking for a larger sample size than 1 QB isnt challenging is it?

phildadon86

Reaction score
I dont want to hear about no damn rushing yards.
My initial point is that having a better QB wins us those games. And I stand by that. Dak and the offense did nothing for 2 quarters in a game that was decided by 8 points.

The defense AND the QB needing to be better to win that game are both true
Kansas City lost in the SB because their QB (who is the best ive seen in probably forever) couldnt do it all alone.....

Why didnt he win?

Also agreeing with the bolded statement.

I dont know why it has to be one or the other. The answer is both.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Kansas City lost in the SB because their QB (who is the best ive seen in probably forever) couldnt do it all alone.....

Why didnt he win?

You are talking about Mahomes who's won what? 3 SBs already? He lost a fourth because even a guy like Mahomes cannot be perfect every game. Dak can't be perfect for one divisional game let alone bigger games than that.

starfan1

Reaction score

Why didnt he win?

because he cant stand the QB and has since his arrival he's a huge Romo guy. he will look primarily at his faults only until challenged a bit as it suits his narrative. I get it I was ready to move on from Romo from 2008 till about 14 that year I embraced him but it was too late by then. there were times i focused solely on the QB and not some of the other issues with team.

Its not gonna kill me to move on i just dont want to go back to the campo years to do it. It also wont kill me to resign Dak.Im indifferent on him

phildadon86

Reaction score
You are talking about Mahomes who's won what? 3 SBs already? He lost a fourth because even a guy like Mahomes cannot be perfect every game. Dak can't be perfect for one divisional game let alone bigger games than that.
Dont care what he has won.

I am simply stating that a QB on a team is not the sole reason for wins and losses. As evidence that one of if not the best to do it cant win if he isnt protected.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Dont care what he has won.

I am simply stating that a QB on a team is not the sole reason for wins and losses. As evidence that one of if not the best to do it cant win if he isnt protected.
Mahomes has proven this very season that a QB can turn around things by himself and carry a team on his shoulders. Not always, but every now and then. Dak hasn't done it once. Why is it so hard to understand that no one is putting all the blame on Dak. But so far he has never been part of the solution when needed.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Jerry really wanted Dak, he would be signed already to some monster contract that the team can't afford.
It is wise considering salary cap ramifications but stop applying that consideration onto Jerry Jones. His way of thinking is not the same as yours, mine or others.

Jones will do whatever he can in getting whatever he wants if it within his power to obtain it. And he quantifies his actions by the way he thinks. Here is Jones explaining his 'all-in' nonsense (link):

"I'm into it here. I'm all in. I'm all in. Sometimes being all in means you narrow. You remove the months out here that are in the future. And you narrow it down to where all we're talking about is right now and the next playoff season. And that's it for everybody," he said.
[Jones translator]: "My focus is right now--not months into the future. My focus is eventually securing players I believe will help us win in the regular season and postseason. My focus is every player I am either targeting right now or will become a target after I believe the need should be addressed."

This is only a suggestion. Jones really wanted CeeDee Lamb. He eventually signed Lamb. It is EXTREMELY probable Jones really wants Dak Prescott based upon his decades long tendencies per the position.

Take the time that has elapsed for signing Prescott out of your assumptions. Time does not matter one iota to Jones.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Mahomes has proven this very season that a QB can turn around things by himself and carry a team on his shoulders. Not always, but every now and then. Dak hasn't done it once. Why is it so hard to understand that no one is putting all the blame on Dak. But so far he has never been part of the solution when needed.
What you arent seeing, or are being blatantly oblivious to is that Dak is taking all of the blame. There have been threads on it.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
What you arent seeing, or are being blatantly oblivious to is that Dak is taking all of the blame. There have been threads on it.
The post you quoted wasn't doing that. Yet you spun your own story around it.

Let Dak have one game, where he is the friggin reason for a win against a contender. All by himself or by rallying the troops up around him and turn a game around. Then we're talking.

erod

Reaction score
If Dak's $55 million cap hit this year is absorbed already, why would they sign him now? It makes no sense to do it, although I know Jerry is a loose cannon.

Stephen is tight with the purse strings, and he's probably not wanting to pay more than the $29 million of actual cash Dak will receive this year.

It can wait. Let Dak prove himself or not. That's the play.

Of course, this idiotic franchise is apt to do anything.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
If Dak's $55 million cap hit this year is absorbed already, why would they sign him now? It makes no sense to do it, although I know Jerry is a loose cannon.

Stephen is tight with the purse strings, and he's probably not wanting to pay more than the $29 million of actual cash Dak will receive this year.

It can wait. Let Dak prove himself or not. That's the play.

Of course, this idiotic franchise is apt to do anything.