Video: CD Lamb when playing 1 WR put up 17 yards

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
How do you adjust to a QB with a hurt leg, an oline that cant block in the run or pass, a RB that is already slow and now has a hurt knee and your top2 WR's out?

The Chiefs game was going to be tough regardless. That said, his play calling wasn't great even after that game. The Cards game is an example of that, and we had our full crop of WRs that game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Chiefs game was going to be tough regardless. That said, his play calling wasn't great even after that game. The Cards game is an example of that, and we had our full crop of WRs that game.

No it wasnt great and he should have benched Zeke. But the big issue was the Oline and injuries.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
No it wasnt great and he should have benched Zeke. But the big issue was the Oline and injuries.

Well, that right there plays into my point. He did not adjust sufficiently. There were several games in which Pollard, including the Chiefs game, was playing better than Zeke (and I like Zeke). If you're the OC and you see one of your players is a better matchup than the other on your team, do you A. Keep playing him because he increases your chance at winning that game or B. Do you play the other player because he makes more money than the other? If this was most other teams, Pollard would've gotten more playing time, and the 49ers game is another instance in which Pollard should have been used more as he was gashing the 49ers.

Proof

Reaction score
CD will be the next WR1 jettisoned from this team.
Maybe peeps will start figuring out why we cant have WR1s on this team.
Coop wanted to leave, quietly.
All the 2s are happy with Dak.

what? why?

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score

Amari can create separation 24/7 CD not so much.

Having a good OL can help weak& slow routing running beta CD Lamp get open with longer time for DBs to cover his route.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Amari can create separation 24/7 CD not so much.

Having a good OL can help weak& slow routing running beta CD Lamp get open with longer time for DBs to cover his route.

IF you werent the laughing stock of this board I might actually feel the need to respond differently. Instead I will educate you. Enjoy!!

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.c...-the-traits-you-want-in-a-no-1-wide-receiver/

Make no mistake, it is truly special. While he gets deserved praise for his skills in this area, it seems this highlight gift also sees him go undersold in the unremarkable trait of being a great route-runner. In fact, many of those same gifts, having a plan and understanding angles, he displays before in routes before he starts making defenders look foolish once the ball arrives.

Route Running
Before coming into my study on CeeDee Lamb, I’d read some mild criticisms about his route-running polish. With that in mind, I was surprised to see how advanced he was in a set of nuanced areas.

One word kept coming to mind. Quick…in absolutely everything. Quick breaks. Quick decisions. Quick to accelerate after he’s successfully deceived a cornerback.

Much like his work after the catch, Lamb always has a plan of attack. When he’s lined up in tight press coverage, he brings the fight to the corner. Lamb sells an inside break on an outside route with the ease of a trained magician. He has this move where he almost marches toward the defender, setting the pace of the encounter at a slow speed before changing directions with lightning speed.

You can tell Lamb has put the time in to study cornerback play. He makes decisions in the moment with how he’s going to negotiate beating the defender. It’s almost always based on how the defensive back is position, which influences exactly how he’ll break his route.

You’ll see some receivers, even at the NFL level, sacrifice precious seconds with foot flutters and fancy moves that eventually win the route, but it’s long after the play has broken down and of no help to their quarterback. With Lamb, there is no wasted motion. It’s fluid, decisive, and gets to the open area quickly.

Its almost like he made the article to destroy the misconception of uneducated fans like you.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
IF you werent the laughing stock of this board I might actually feel the need to respond differently. Instead I will educate you. Enjoy!!

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.c...-the-traits-you-want-in-a-no-1-wide-receiver/

Make no mistake, it is truly special. While he gets deserved praise for his skills in this area, it seems this highlight gift also sees him go undersold in the unremarkable trait of being a great route-runner. In fact, many of those same gifts, having a plan and understanding angles, he displays before in routes before he starts making defenders look foolish once the ball arrives.

Route Running
Before coming into my study on CeeDee Lamb, I’d read some mild criticisms about his route-running polish. With that in mind, I was surprised to see how advanced he was in a set of nuanced areas.

One word kept coming to mind. Quick…in absolutely everything. Quick breaks. Quick decisions. Quick to accelerate after he’s successfully deceived a cornerback.

Much like his work after the catch, Lamb always has a plan of attack. When he’s lined up in tight press coverage, he brings the fight to the corner. Lamb sells an inside break on an outside route with the ease of a trained magician. He has this move where he almost marches toward the defender, setting the pace of the encounter at a slow speed before changing directions with lightning speed.

You can tell Lamb has put the time in to study cornerback play. He makes decisions in the moment with how he’s going to negotiate beating the defender. It’s almost always based on how the defensive back is position, which influences exactly how he’ll break his route.

You’ll see some receivers, even at the NFL level, sacrifice precious seconds with foot flutters and fancy moves that eventually win the route, but it’s long after the play has broken down and of no help to their quarterback. With Lamb, there is no wasted motion. It’s fluid, decisive, and gets to the open area quickly.

Its almost like he made the article to destroy the misconception of uneducated fans like you.

The film says the opposite, most of his yards came from dump offs and slot position that allowed him free release off L.O.S.

He has a little quickness but not elite level, and paired with his average speed most #1 CBs will be able to mirror his route and keep him in check majority of the game. [ See time marker starting at 0:25 seconds]

If you want to see real separation

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The film says the opposite, most of his yards came from dump offs and slot position that allowed him free release off L.O.S.

He has a little quickness but not elite level, and paired with his average speed most #1 CBs will be able to mirror his route and keep him in check majority of the game. [ See time marker starting at 0:25 seconds]

If you want to see real separation

I see you still havent figured out that Lamb only played the first half of the KC game? Poor guy.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I don't see it........
No way CD lives up to the glory of # 88.
Won't even be a top 10 rec this coming year and let's not talk about his TD ratio which is well......not brand 88!

This guy could be the next AB football wise!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The same website that blast Diggs with 11 interceptions but calls this OL one of the best.

The defense coverage said otherwise BTW!
The same website that blast Diggs with 11 interceptions but calls this OL one of the best.

The defense coverage said otherwise BTW!

Maybe you should call them all up and tell them what a poor and slow route runner CD lamb is?

Oh, just an FYI.........................on all those dump off passes Lamb had, he still averaged more yard per reception than your hero Cooper did. 13.9 to 12.6

OOPS!!!

Big D

Reaction score
CD will be the next WR1 jettisoned from this team.
Maybe peeps will start figuring out why we cant have WR1s on this team.
Coop wanted to leave, quietly.
All the 2s are happy with Dak.
He wanted to? Really?

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The entire idea of the #1 wideout is an antiquated concept. The way that offense is played now 3 good receivers is just as effective as an elite receiver and two that are ok.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The entire idea of the #1 wideout is an antiquated concept

I would say that a #1 will never be antiquated. A true #1 can beat coverages without being scheme dependent. He is expected to
  1. Beat one on one coverage of most corners.
  2. Draw extra defensive attention allowing others to have easier matchups.
  3. At least be even with the elite corners.
Having 3 good receivers is fine but they can be covered by good corners & scheme.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I would say that a #1 will never be antiquated. A true #1 can beat coverages without being scheme dependent. He is expected to
  1. Beat one on one coverage of most corners.
  2. Draw extra defensive attention allowing others to have easier matchups.
  3. At least be even with the elite corners.
Having 3 good receivers is fine but they can be covered by good corners & scheme.

The same can also be said about an elite receiver. The patriots have been doing it for years. They bracket the "elite" receiver and let the others beat you. If the others can beat you at a decent rate, you are in trouble.

All in all I think the entire concept is quite overblown. Total unit quality is superior to single player quality in most cases IMO.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
When CD had to play #1 WR he got shutdown putting up pathetic 17 yards with 4 target, 3 receptions, and of course his famous drop vs the Chiefs.

He isn’t a real #1 WR and Cowboys would be fools to give him #1WR money. He didn’t even want to wear #88 until Jones forced it on. Speaking of forces he was forced the ball more than any other receiver on this team and barely scratched 1K (120 targets) CD will alway be a beta and the real #1 WR on this team is Gallup for now.

Reading this post reminds me more of why the Amari Cooper trade was dumbo GM stupid.

Lamb was not a true no.1 guy at OU. So why do they think he is suddenly going to be an impact player like Cooper was in Oakland, and Dallas when he 1st hit the field? He reminds me of Alvin Harper who always needed a no.1 on the opposite side.