Twitter: Cedrick Wilson is likely gone

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
He's not a guy I would overbid for. Clearly he has a talent for getting YAC and he has a great throwing arm to open up trick plays, but I just don't think he's all that as a complete WR. The one game he was featured in vs the Patriots wasn't very good.

I'd be OK rolling with him as my 3rd receiver next season, but I wouldn't be upset to see him go either. Slot WRs are pretty fungible.

Gallup is sort of the opposite... he doesn't offer any threat at under 10 yards and is more of a low-volume sideline guy, but he wins on those tough throws pretty consistently. He's got one trick and it's a valuable one.

basel90

Reaction score
I cant imagine why. He got his job and his credentials because of his last name. Cant imagine why he seems in over his head. lol

Proximity bias . Similar to nepotism but worst . Jerry demands yes men around him who can also joke or argue a little With him every now and then , for the sake of being a democratic accommodating father and GM . But at the end , when Jerry bristles and gets a buzz , or red faced in anger , he gets what he wants and everyone else nods . Otherwise, …..

stephen I imagine is also being respectful to the old man at this late age . Usually such sons gather so many bad habits .

RonWashington

Reaction score
“Northwest Dallas 40” love that hande. Has a different vibe then the old North Dallas 40 ….for those not familiar with the neighborhood . Good one !

AbeBeta

Reaction score
He's not a guy I would overbid for. Clearly he has a talent for getting YAC and he has a great throwing arm to open up trick plays, but I just don't think he's all that as a complete WR. The one game he was featured in vs the Patriots wasn't very good.

I'd be OK rolling with him as my 3rd receiver next season, but I wouldn't be upset to see him go either. Slot WRs are pretty fungible.

Gallup is sort of the opposite... he doesn't offer any threat at under 10 yards and is more of a low-volume sideline guy, but he wins on those tough throws pretty consistently. He's got one trick and it's a valuable one.

Weird Tweet. Wilson is a nice piece but how much will anyone pay for a guy with four career starts and 40% of his career yards coming in three games (one of which, we rested several starters)? I'd love to have him as a #3 but it is a good WR class, and if he truly is someone we can't afford, we'll get a good return on investment with a compensatory pick.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Our plan is to replace our better receivers with receivers that aren't as good......what could go wrong???

ondaedg

Reaction score
I like Wilson but his athleticism seemed questionable to me. He looked wobbly even. He certainly took advantage of his opportunities but he may have benefitted from the other guys getting all the attention.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
WRONG!!!

If YOU are a real Cowboys fan, the correct term should be "OUR" team, NOT "YOUR"!

Understand English???

Nope. Very common for people to phrase it that way. People say it on this board all the time.

You want it to be true because he posts things that you don't agree with but you can't actually refute. No one has come close to showing he isn't a Cowboy fan. Just honest and unapologetic about his views. No crime in that.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Noah Brown is liked on ST he can block and occasionally stretch the chains for Dak . Role player who contributes I’m sure his contact isn’t a budget buster. The CJ Goodwin types every team needs.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Nope. Very common for people to phrase it that way. People say it on this board all the time.

You want it to be true because he posts things that you don't agree with but you can't actually refute. No one has come close to showing he isn't a Cowboy fan. Just honest and unapologetic about his views. No crime in that.
They are wrong. So are you.

Y'all truly need to get much better educated in the English language (which was a minor for me in college).

quickccc

Reaction score
The coaches didn't think so, they only played Wilson in the slot.

and that's where i had envisioned Ceddy, this upcoming season. the 3rd WR/ slot guy.
if Wilson got hurt, then next up would be Malik Turner, .. not Noah Brown

- Cooper will be cut,
- Wilson departs in FA, .
- Gallup though re-signed, a good chance to be PUP early on,

- This makes Lamb only a certainty right off, with only Noah Brown and Malik Turner available
That's not supplying Dak with suitable enuff weaponry, imo .

- and a JuJu Smith cheap FA signing possibility would not excite me at all.