CeeDee Lamb on his next contract: I want to be one of the top-paid WRs, if not the top

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No shocker here, at least he admits he's only playing for money He's not playing to bring championships to Dallas. He's just like his buddy Dak.
I can't blame the guy.
When he sees (and this included Micah) what they are about to Pay inepto Prescott hey it's only human nature to want some of the cookies also.
Here lies the lockerroom problem.............and why Micah's brother spoke about the 40 million #.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Not that I want to go to the Super Bowl, just pay me top dollar instead...
He never got his first big pay day …. there other others on the team who have and are due for second contracts, let them take the discount …. spoiler alert they won’t. Some will pay ceedee too much parsons too much Way too much and we will never sniff a super bowl for the foreseeable future ….

Thanks to the Jones calling the shots.

John813

Reaction score
This is a league wide, "issue".

You think players in Kansas City or San Fran don't want to be paid what they think they are worth?

Chris Jones held out past week 1. Kansas City GM, unlike Jerry, didn't blink first.
Nick Bosa held out too to be the #1 paid edge player.

Players want to be paid the max amount they can get.
Teams know how to get around these big deals on a year to year basis.

All this hand ringing over a topic that everyone here would be doing if they had the talent.

Get over guys like Tom Brady who was in the league for 20 years taking "discounts".

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate that players never want to give home team discounts for the betterment of the team. I also hate that I'm rooting for guys to take less money that saves billionaire owners a few million bucks that they'll never miss.

I really wish the system could be changed so that teams resigning their own drafted talent at top dollar could get a break against the cap.
It was weird to me...watching the coin flip and nfl raising awareness for (whatever cause it was)...and i was thinking these players and nfl could immediately change the lives of these people....and i think i could see it on the one guys face.

Some of the players do care, if course....but nfl doesnt really care about anything but raking in billions.

bigE79

Reaction score

CeeDee Lamb on his next contract: I want to be one of the top-paid WRs, if not the top​

By Charean Williams
Published February 11, 2024

Cowboys receiver CeeDee Lamb made the All-Pro team for the first time in 2023, with an NFL-best 135 receptions.

Lamb is due for a contract extension, due to make $17.991 million on the fifth-year option in 2024.

He went on Micah Parsons’ The Edge podcast and was asked about contract talks.

“I can’t give you no numbers right now, but I’ll tell you this, [I want to be] one of the top paid receivers for sure, if not the [highest-paid receiver],” Lamb said, via a transcript from Jon Machota of ***BLOCKED***. “That’s always the goal.”

More: https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...the-top?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Trade him.. we're not gonna win the SB with or without him.im sure we could get a couple 1s for him.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Trade him.. we're not gonna win the SB with or without him.im sure we could get a couple 1s for him.
Sounds like a horrible idea until you consider the Chiefs did exactly that with Hill (traded him) and went on to win two Superbowls. Packers did the same with Adams (traded him) and had one down year but now are back to having a big stable of good WRs.

When you have to pay a QB top 3 money, it's almost like you <HAVE> to move on from a WR on your team that deserves Top 2-3 WR money.

Proof

Reaction score
Another above-average player who will be paid elite money.
Thank the heavens for the dog teams he faced last season as he is MIA against playoff-bound teams.
Not 100% his fault of course................
9 catches 110 yds in the playoffs against the packers
13 catches 227 yds 2 tds against the lions
6 catches 118 yds 1 td against the dolphins
11 catches 191 yds against the eagles
12 catches 158 yds 2 tds against the rams

he had most of his biggest games against playoff teams.

kskboys

Reaction score

CeeDee Lamb on his next contract: I want to be one of the top-paid WRs, if not the top​

By Charean Williams
Published February 11, 2024

Cowboys receiver CeeDee Lamb made the All-Pro team for the first time in 2023, with an NFL-best 135 receptions.

Lamb is due for a contract extension, due to make $17.991 million on the fifth-year option in 2024.

He went on Micah Parsons’ The Edge podcast and was asked about contract talks.

“I can’t give you no numbers right now, but I’ll tell you this, [I want to be] one of the top paid receivers for sure, if not the [highest-paid receiver],” Lamb said, via a transcript from Jon Machota of ***BLOCKED***. “That’s always the goal.”

More: https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...the-top?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Then let him walk. Overpaying WRs is how you don't get to the super bowl.

kskboys

Reaction score
no idea why many folks have an issue for this. this is a job to these guys, and if you are the best, you should get paid like it. I know i would.

You take a hometown discount to "help" the team, and next thing you know you're traded to cleveland.

Get paid young hitta, get paid.
How in the world did you come to think this way? Winning means nothing to you.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I also hate that I'm rooting for guys to take less money that saves billionaire owners a few million bucks that they'll never miss.
I don't root for them to take less money so that it can go to the Owner. It never goes to the Owner. It goes to other players so that your team is overall deeper and better. The Owner spends every single dollar he can every single year. Say what you want about Jerry but if he could spend more money on players he would.

If we spend 30 million on Lamb and he has a bad day the first thing he will do is complain that he never gets open because he has no other good players around him. Instead of acknowledging that he has consumed all of the money he will deflect blame. Instead of taking responsibility of the situation and working with the coaches and his team mates to get better he will throw baby tantrums and his mommy will blast his teammates on twitter.

That play off game really opened my eyes. I am not blind to the truth.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't root for them to take less money so that it can go to the Owner. It never goes to the Owner. It goes to other players so that your team is overall deeper and better. The Owner spends every single dollar he can every single year. Say what you want about Jerry but if he could spend more money on players he would.

If we spend 30 million on Lamb and he has a bad day the first thing he will do is complain that he never gets open because he has no other good players around him. Instead of acknowledging that he has consumed all of the money he will deflect blame. Instead of taking responsibility of the situation and working with the coaches and his team mates to get better he will throw baby tantrums and his mommy will blast his teammates on twitter.

That play off game really opened my eyes. I am not blind to the truth.
Very well said.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well, he’s one of the top receivers in the league. Can’t be mad that he wants to be paid market value.

It’s gonna eat a ton of cap but unless you just decide to not sign your own superstars to second contracts, you can’t expect to compete.
Paying WRs 30 mil is how you don't compete.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Good player but he ain't 'it'. A real "88" wouldn't have let Jaire Alexander punk him after a play like that. He's mentally weak.

Irvin wouldn't have taken that crap from Alexander. Dez would have kicked his azz if Alexander tried that with him
Well let’s be honest they would’ve called Dez a cancer. Wait they did that.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I hate that players never want to give home team discounts for the betterment of the team. I also hate that I'm rooting for guys to take less money that saves billionaire owners a few million bucks that they'll never miss.

I really wish the system could be changed so that teams resigning their own drafted talent at top dollar could get a break against the cap.
One of the league's favorite words, "Parity".