Twitter: Ceedee to hold out?

Flamma

Reaction score
Ok, who’d you hear it from?
It would be par for the course. Players holding out want to get an extension, they don't care who gives it to them. They'd rather be traded than sit out and lose game checks.

Flamma

Reaction score
They currently have over $10 million of space after gaining 9 million from designating Michael Gallup a post-June 1 release.

If they extended Dak and Lamb back in March they would have had upwards of $20 million more to spend in free agency.

The Cowboys are not only NOT broke, they lack funds based upon their own inactivity. Don't let Jerry and Cap Boy fool you.
Closer to 30-35M had they signed the two. But what are they going to do with all of that cap space? They intentionally keep it just high enough for their needs. They do this every year, then cry cap space.

Flamma

Reaction score
When was the last time Dallas paid a first round pick after their 3rd year? Willingly I mean.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Had Dak ever held out during his contract years, every one of you supporting CeeDee would have gone ape ish and demanded Dak get cut or traded immediately. Y'all do the opposite for CeeDee.

The hypocrisy around here knows no bounds.
Ceedee has proven himself year in and year out. He has a history of showing up in big games when Hus QB is competent ie CFP games against bama, LSU, etc. He had 100+ in each of those games. Dak sucked in college in big games and still does the same. Dark was handing ball to zeke and hadn’t proven he can do it without the like of Cooper or top wr, which he proved in his meltdown 2018. We had two wr and can’t get past wild card bc your boi stunk, let’s pay him. Writing was on the wall and you couldn’t see it. If I was Ceedee I’d want out bc he just needs a QB that doesn’t choke in big moment and he’ll get a ring. Dark will be who he has always been, choker

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Soon as he signs, HE WILL BE SLUGGISH all season as Zack Martin says he was when he held out!!!!! Can't wait until we discuss this in 2025!!!!!

Flamma

Reaction score
This isn't like 1993 when I couldn't wait for Jerry to pay Emmitt. I couldn't care less what Jerry does with Lamb.

BTW, the two situations are completely different.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I wouldn't practice if I was him. If he blows his ACL or breaks his ankle on the practice field, it could cost him $100M.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Closer to 30-35M had they signed the two. But what are they going to do with all of that cap space? They intentionally keep it just high enough for their needs. They do this every year, then cry cap space.
why are we still having the same exact conversation on like 4 threads when he didn't how for OTA and mini camps this is not new news?? lamb was not going to sign until he saw what Jefferson or chase got, Fact!

they we're all trying to be last...he was NOT going to take whatever he was offered. No one knew the actual market because 20-27 was the norm the last 2-3 years but then the bigger name WRs started to get paid went to 32 with AJ Brown which alerted the other 3 now that they wanted to be above that.. and now JJ set the market 3 WRS and their agents were all trying to posture and wit. CD was in Fact holding up the process, FACT end of story... Jerry not to blame this time. Agents and players play a large role in this when they believe there client deserves to be the highest paid non qb, things will get dragged out. third id no longer offering top 5 WR money, or any positions... Players now believe because of what QBS are making they now want to be paid way more..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I wouldn't practice if I was him. If he blows his ACL or breaks his ankle on the practice field, it could cost him $100M.
that's a falsehood .Dak got paid anyway on a a FT no less and a major injury DID not hold him back. elite players will get paid regardless. sure, don't go to camp but get your **** on the field game 1 or lose 1mil per game on top of soem major fines already starting to add up....

him not playing is NOT happening. This is posturing, im sure something gets done a week or 2 into camp as both side try to not blink first...but again IF NOT HE WILL PLAY..

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Had Dak ever held out during his contract years, every one of you supporting CeeDee would have gone ape ish and demanded Dak get cut or traded immediately. Y'all do the opposite for CeeDee.

The hypocrisy around here knows no bounds.
A few years ago I would have agreed completely with this, and no doubt some will still demand Dak gets cut/traded no matter what he does.

I think a lot of the support for Lamb at this point though has a lot to do with just how mismanaged the Cowboys front office seems to be right now, and how obvious it's been this offseason. 4 years ago I would have probably led the charge in demanding Dak get moved if he held out. This year I wouldn't hate it at all if he joined Lamb in this stance.

The way this team handles contract extensions has become embarrassing. Stephen Jones goes on the radio to say they sat out free agency because of the pending contracts with the big three, but also fails to even start negotiations with these guys? Pay these guys or set them free. I think fans are simply tired of the Joneses. These guys are basically promoting the division among fans because they can't get deals done with their star players. They're also throwing the players under the bus for their own failures.

We've all known for a while that Jerry/Stephen have obvious flaws but this year the dysfunction has never been more apparent.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
that's a falsehood .Dak got paid anyway on a a FT no less and a major injury DID not hold him back. elite players will get paid regardless. sure, don't go to camp but get your **** on the field game 1 or lose 1mil per game on top of soem major fines already starting to add up....

him not playing is NOT happening. This is posturing, im sure something gets done a week or 2 into camp as both side try to not blink first...but again IF NOT HE WILL PLAY..
I agree. The injury concern is real, but it gets overplayed. This team even paid Gallup after his injury. Odds are these guys will get a little less after a major injury like an ACL, but they also have (or at least should) have insurance on their bodies for these situations to offset what they would be losing.

Flamma

Reaction score
why are we still having the same exact conversation on like 4 threads when he didn't how for OTA and mini camps this is not new news?? lamb was not going to sign until he saw what Jefferson or chase got, Fact!

they we're all trying to be last...he was NOT going to take whatever he was offered. No one knew the actual market because 20-27 was the norm the last 2-3 years but then the bigger name WRs started to get paid went to 32 with AJ Brown which alerted the other 3 now that they wanted to be above that.. and now JJ set the market 3 WRS and their agents were all trying to posture and wit. CD was in Fact holding up the process, FACT end of story... Jerry not to blame this time. Agents and players play a large role in this when they believe there client deserves to be the highest paid non qb, things will get dragged out. third id no longer offering top 5 WR money, or any positions... Players now believe because of what QBS are making they now want to be paid way more..
Lamb could have been signed for 25M a year last offseason. He wouldn't have risked injury in his 4th year if he had a choice. Now that he played it out, yeah, he was waiting. Why not? Jerry doesn't sign first rounders after their 3rd year. It's not something he does.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

The interest is not in what CeeDee Lamb is doing. It’s about what the Cowboys are doing. Are they going to pay him $35 million per season or not? CeeDee is a young, very productive NFL wide receiver. He’s indicated to the Cowboys with plenty of time to get a deal done before camp that he won’t be there sans an extension. ”FACT”, it is news.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

Of course he’ll show up before it costs him, but do the Cowboys want volunteers or prisoners? Not paying a legitimate star player the amount he feels he’s due is a less than prudent way to run an NFL franchise, unless you have an alternative. The Cowboys don’t. Some teams are working hard to lock up solid number two wide receivers. The Cowboys have not signed their number one receiver to an extension. There does come a time when a team has to make a decision.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lamb could have been signed for 25M a year last offseason. He wouldn't have risked injury in his 4th year if he had a choice. Now that he played it out, yeah, he was waiting. Why not? Jerry doesn't sign first rounders after their 3rd year. It's not something he does.
BS... You know you guys keep saying this as if you are best friends with the guy and his agent it is not true they know what's coming down the road they are not gonna sign for less just because you think you could have got him for less you keep saying this as if Jerry Jones didn't have any kind of conversation with an agent saying hey what would take to sign your guy and a guarantee it was some ridiculous number and they said well we'll just see... Lamb has a giant ego just like Micah Parsons just like a lot of elite players and you're not going to dupe these players you're not tricking them into signing for that kind of money what was AJ Brown's contract last year? The man was making a shade over 25,000,000 on an older contract and you're trying to tell me that CD lambs agents don't know the contracts are about to go big and this was the fact Jerry Jones doesn't own the Vikings or Cincinnati Bengals and yet there had also receivers waiting on who was gonna blink I already said this you're not getting players for cheaper just because you think if you would have first one on the year before no these guys know the market and where it's going and approximation and guys were already making 25,000,000 or over they were not taking a $25 million contract that was big two years ago...

Some of y'all need to stop acting like GM's you know nothing about the true market and what's going on with negotiations behind closed doors because they only allow you to know what they want you to know but given the fact that a whole bunch of receivers we're all waiting on the same thing they were not gonna sign a year early for cheaper I mean what one year 25,000,000 yeah they would have signed that but they were not gonna give up long-term giant guaranteed money just because the owner would have came to him and said hey why don't we get you signed right now that's not happening with the elite players,...​
Trust me just because CD lamb had his big year last year he already knows his worth his agents know who he is he feels he's elite he already feels like he is in the same league with Justin Jefferson and jamar chase he was not taking a smaller contract just because it would have been a year early Nope not happening already stated receivers were already making more than 25,000,000 two years ago that was the going rate not last year two years ago and they knew this year they can get more..​

Flamma

Reaction score
BS... You know you guys keep saying this as if you are best friends with the guy and his agent it is not true they know what's coming down the road they are not gonna sign for less just because you think you could have got him for less you keep saying this as if Jerry Jones didn't have any kind of conversation with an agent saying hey what would take to sign your guy and a guarantee it was some ridiculous number and they said well we'll just see... Lamb has a giant ego just like Micah Parsons just like a lot of elite players and you're not going to dupe these players you're not tricking them into signing for that kind of money what was AJ Brown's contract last year? The man was making a shade over 25,000,000 on an older contract and you're trying to tell me that CD lambs agents don't know the contracts are about to go big and this was the fact Jerry Jones doesn't own the Vikings or Cincinnati Bengals and yet there had also receivers waiting on who was gonna blink I already said this you're not getting players for cheaper just because you think if you would have first one on the year before no these guys know the market and where it's going and approximation and guys were already making 25,000,000 or over they were not taking a $25 million contract that was big two years ago...

Some of y'all need to stop acting like GM's you know nothing about the true market and what's going on with negotiations behind closed doors because they only allow you to know what they want you to know but given the fact that a whole bunch of receivers we're all waiting on the same thing they were not gonna sign a year early for cheaper I mean what one year 25,000,000 yeah they would have signed that but they were not gonna give up long-term giant guaranteed money just because the owner would have came to him and said hey why don't we get you signed right now that's not happening with the elite players,...​
Trust me just because CD lamb had his big year last year he already knows his worth his agents know who he is he feels he's elite he already feels like he is in the same league with Justin Jefferson and jamar chase he was not taking a smaller contract just because it would have been a year early Nope not happening already stated receivers were already making more than 25,000,000 two years ago that was the going rate not last year two years ago and they knew this year they can get more..​
No. You're off on this. Every player would take market value after their 3rd year. Every single one of them. Offer Parsons 35M a year and see if he doesn't take it. They all want their extension as soon as possible. That's why Zeke held out after year 3. You have your outliers like Lamar Jackson that didn't want to talk, but that is very rare. No player rather play out their 4th year without an extension hoping they'll get more. It never happens.

After Jerry made him play out his 4th year, yeah, now he's waiting for Jefferson. Why not? But zero chance Lamb didn't want an extension after his 3rd year.