Twitter: Ceedee to hold out?

CowboysRule

Reaction score
We've blame the players year in and year out. Same issues...different year. The only constant is Jerry.
There are a lot of other teams who have changed owners (and GM's in case you think that Jerry is actually still running all that) that haven't won a Super Bowl as well. It's not like it's an easy feat to accomplish.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I don't blame him. I would also. The Cowboys are messing around not getting any business done.

100% of the blame is on the Jones's clan. None on Ceedee.
Exactly............this front office is the biggest joke in the league.

If you want to extend a guy, you do it as soon as possible. If not, then you trade that player for draft capital.

Waiting until training camp when guys are in the last year of their deal to address their contract is about as idiotic as it gets.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
CDs agent has to know the cap is jacked up.

Not sure what they are thinking here.
The fact that Jerry's idiot boy doesn't know how to manage the cap is not Lamb's fault or responsibility.

Lamb wants his bag, how you come up with the money is your problem, not his.

StarLord

Reaction score
Maybe it's just the somewhat foul mood I'm in, but this is just business as usual at this point in the NFL. Nothing to see here. Jerry will do the deal in TC like every other time.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Sure. Why blame the players? They all play better once they get a nice new fat contract right? No...they don't...and then you can all criticize Jerry for paying too much and holding on to players for too long.
The NFL has never learned the value of a thing called Incentive! They pay out big money guaranteed, regardless of production. If players had to produce for the big bucks, we'd see more production. It's a simple law of nature. How many times have we seen players up their production in a contract year and then suddenly show a little less excitement and drive after they get paid?
That's the difference incentive makes.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
As well he should. The Cowboys have had months and months to get this done. Instead they sit around waiting for leaves to fall.
Just a co-incidence that now Jefferson's off the board and the Sunday Ticket case may reduce the CAP CeeDee, all of a sudden, is eager to sign.

fivetwos

Reaction score
They currently have over $10 million of space after gaining 9 million from designating Michael Gallup a post-June 1 release.

If they extended Dak and Lamb back in March they would have had upwards of $20 million more to spend in free agency.

The Cowboys are not only NOT broke, they lack funds based upon their own inactivity. Don't let Jerry and Cap Boy fool you.
Well let’s have some fun and suppose they were broke, yet the team they have put together with that same allotment as every other team isn’t good enough.

What exactly does that say about THEM?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The fact that Jerry's idiot boy doesn't know how to manage the cap is not Lamb's fault or responsibility.

Lamb wants his bag, how you come up with the money is your problem, not his.
We'll never know, however, it appears the GB game has rocked the plans for Lamb and Dak (and possibly Micah).

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
They currently have over $10 million of space after gaining 9 million from designating Michael Gallup a post-June 1 release.

If they extended Dak and Lamb back in March they would have had upwards of $20 million more to spend in free agency.

The Cowboys are not only NOT broke, they lack funds based upon their own inactivity. Don't let Jerry and Cap Boy fool you.
They chose, not to spend on a team, that on paper looked Championship Game level, but in reality had so many holes.....and costly decisions to be made.

To be fair the Jones' are in step with Dak (who was waiting out the market) and CeeDee (who waited out Jefferson).

The only issue, as I see it, is that Jerry will capitulate in the end. Most every GM, atm, is accepting that they can't re-sign all of their weapons and has to make the tough decision inc. trading away stars.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I just dont get the strategy here, if they dont want to pay Lamb he should have been traded before the draft.
That would be tantamount to giving up on 2024. Also the Stefon Diggs haul, showed there wasnt much of a market for expensive WR's, in a pretty stacked draft.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The NFL has never learned the value of a thing called Incentive! They pay out big money guaranteed, regardless of production. If players had to produce for the big bucks, we'd see more production. It's a simple law of nature. How many times have we seen players up their production in a contract year and then suddenly show a little less excitement and drive after they get paid?
That's the difference incentive makes.
Been saying practically the same thing for years. If NFL pay was incentive based I guarantee Dallas wouldn't be about to pass the 30 year mark since their last NFCCG appearance. The players still make the same money regardless because production isn't necessary, and that's a load of horse manure if you ask most people. The NFL would be far more competitive if the players actually had to earn the 'bags' they keep demanding.

We all know this is a system that will never be implemented, though. There would be a full blown riot by many of the players if they found out they had to try rather than just going through the motions.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

No worries.

My sources tell me, if he is going to hold out, he would stay in cabo getting in the greatest shape of his life.

He already has TO under contract to help him with the workout there. Dez will handle the PR via X (pun intended).

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Just a co-incidence that now Jefferson's off the board and the Sunday Ticket case may reduce the CAP CeeDee, all of a sudden, is eager to sign.
It’s the signing bonus. 8)

It gets spread out over several seasons.

But there is zero room in the cap.

Someone has to go.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I hear he is demanding a trade if he does not get a new contract?
I hope he does hold out and demand trade. He is a top 5 at his position and isn't getting paid neither is Micah. Yet the QB isn't even top 10 and he is way over paid. So much wrong with this organization. I hope both players hold out and just refuse to play for the Cowboys.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
It’s the signing bonus. 8)

It gets spread out over several seasons.

But there is zero room in the cap.

Someone has to go.
The problem is he's getting the FT this year and with the predicted Sunday Ticket induced ramifications on the CAP, poor CeeDee's a bit in no-man's land. He and Dak may well be battling for one contract.

Flamma

Reaction score
Been saying practically the same thing for years. If NFL pay was incentive based I guarantee Dallas wouldn't be about to pass the 30 year mark since their last NFCCG appearance. The players still make the same money regardless because production isn't necessary, and that's a load of horse manure if you ask most people. The NFL would be far more competitive if the players actually had to earn the 'bags' they keep demanding.

We all know this is a system that will never be implemented, though. There would be a full blown riot by many of the players if they found out they had to try rather than just going through the motions.
Years ago the Steelers used to operate that way. They would give out the usual 4-5 year contract, but only the signing bonus was guaranteed. You could get cut any year. I doubt they still do this. That's the type of contract Le'Veon Bell turned down. It was 5 years 75M, with a 10M signing bonus. He had to actually play to get the rest.