Changed my mind about Lamb

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The value and profitability of the franchise is irrelevant. Folks always want to talk about how rich JJ is or how much the Cowboys are worth, but this has ZERO relevance to salary cap allocation.

Why? The allocation of limited salary cap dollars is the same as the use of limited draft picks. These are the choices that determine the success or failure of a team. Lamb can demand all he wants, but this is certainly a valid discussion point. A critical one actually.
Lamb getting 33 million or 35 million is not gonna determine failure or success.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
THERE is only x amount to go around to all the players.
If Lamb wants 2 million more thats 2 million less for someone else.
Its not about the owner.
It is about the owner when he could have done a deal sooner, but instead chose to say dumb things at press conferences and the end result will be that player costing more money.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Because if all the players took less money, the NFL would return some of the money that all the media outlets paid to broadcast and cover games, owners would charge less for tickets, concessions, parking etc, season ticket holders would re-sell their tickets at face value and then all the fans could tailgate, hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

Retro88

Reaction score
There absolutely is a reason. He is under contract. Jerry does not need to have urgency.

If Dak is not signed, why even sign CD?

CD is your ability to trade, so we will have draft capital for a future QB.

CD signed without a legit QB is a waste of money and a poor investment.

A young QB, needs a good a good OLine and a good running back to give him time to develop.
Bud, this isnt the 90's. Having a WR these days is more important than that RB. Now while you can pass on paying a top WR and be successful, you still need to have a solid WR core which we don't. Whomever the QB is next season they will need CD.

Also, please don't think that OUR front office is gonna trade Lamb and get a good deal. Especially at the deadline on a tag.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I don't care how good he is. Turning down 33 million a year? Screw him.

And screw this tradition of every so-called elite player driving up salary cap costs. In the end it all translates to the fans having to pay more at games and merchandise.

These modern athletes need to get over themselves. Yes injury factors aside, they aren't that special. You don't see military vets demanding millions for their injury risk.
One more thing, critic chap, we wring our hands and lose sleep over these athletes. But in the end, they are chaps who block, run and catch the ball in a children's game.
All of it has little bearing on civilization or our paltry lives.
Blimey, I need to enjoy the game more as A GAME and not as an affirmation of me life or me standing in society.

I have said too much ... tears cloud me bedroom eye and the other eye doesn't care.

Pay CeeDee what is fair but keep the focus on the good of the team. Let us not repeat the mistake of what Dak made us endure.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
One more thing, critic chap, we wring our hands and lose sleep over these athletes. But in the end, they are chaps who block, run and catch the ball in a children's game.
All of it has little bearing on civilization or our paltry lives.
Blimey, I need to enjoy the game more as A GAME and not as an affirmation of me life or me standing in society.

I have said too much ... tears cloud me bedroom eye and the other eye doesn't care.

Pay CeeDee what is fair but keep the focus on the good of the team. Let us not repeat the mistake of what Dak made us endure.
lmao...Gimme, you always crack me up.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Every player wants big cash days (plural). Not sure how CeeDee Lamb is singled out simply because his market value is higher than many of his peers.

CeeDee is being singled out because he is already under contract for 17$ . has been given a raise to 33$ and still pouts like a whiny kid. We don't need prima donna's on the team . Good riddance

BusDriver

Reaction score
That 2 million isn’t gonna hurt our cap.
100% that 2 million isn’t going to hurt as far as total cap spent … 100% agree.

That is a lazy distraction from the bigger point being made … it IS absolutely the difference between signing Zeke instead of Derek Henry … or DJ Reader vs Jordan Phillips or Bobby Wagner vs Kendricks etc etc etc etc … but hey that’s always the line of thinking the “who cares what a player makes” crew postulates. 2 things can be true at once … we are able to not care less what a player makes, while also caring how a salary a player does make, impacts team make-up and ultimately TEAM success.

The “who cares what a guy gets paid” crowd also so conveniently forget the fact CeeDee is under a contract he signed. Boo hoo … he loved his bag when he signed it. If he cared so much about his bag then, why did he sign it? Where were these folks THEN? Why didn’t they care that he was “getting screwed on his bag” THEN? Goes both ways, bruh.

Can you see how it’s wild how these same folks who tell others “who cares what a guy gets paid” suddenly care and argue so much about what he gets paid? When he himself apparently didn’t care when he signed his OG contract. Works both ways …why do these other folks care so much NOW that he is paid “market value” … but alas it’s 2024, personal accountability is gone and now it’s the era of “imma delete my employer name from my IG and whine like a lil B until I get my NEW way who cares what I signed.” Same lil whiny B we saw on national TV when he laid an egg when it mattered most … so yah CeeDee … love ya as a player … love ya as a player for the team I’ve followed for 45 years … absolutely 100% Go get your bag you think you deserve … just do not do so at the expense of the team I root for, go get it somewhere else and all the best to ya. Absolutely didn’t love your GB meltdown … or your silence amidst your mama’s social media meltdown after your epic playoff meltdown … but I guess it always comes full circle in understanding.

Life is about tradeoffs so no one is stopping CeeDee from his bag or suggesting he don’t go get it, what I hear many, including myself saying are … just don’t cry and pretend to be team first blah blah blah … your market value as a player is determined by the role you play on the TEAM paying you …No better example than Pat Mahomes. CeeDee, yah we saw his TEAM market value on full display during the GB playoff disaster … and while he wants his extra 2 million in salary many could easily argue it’s shortsighted stupidity bc most doubt his endorsements as say a Carolina Panther track the same path as a cowboy … so good luck to him on that front as well.

The post you replied to is really the crux of the matter … X million more for one, is either X million less for another … or sometimes one less quality player at another position of need … imagine Dak took a littlle less last year and they lined up Wagner at LB instead of tin man LVE who cost like 1.5million less than Wagner … instead DQ was playing CB/S as LB … and the run D was putrid … meanwhile Wagner was all pro as voted by the players …But hey, Dak got his bag so who cares … and it’s pretty hard to argue that his bag is truly “market value” … if that was YOUR money … would you pay for that for repeated playoff failure? I’d sure hope not, so while it’s convenient to say “doesn’t hurt the cap” it’s lazy to say that and ignore it DOES hurt the TEAM.

But hey boi got his bag, amiright? Make no mistake, Jerry will cave bc he can’t help himself, all the “who cares about what he makes” crowd will thumb their chests … all while every handoff to Zeke for 2 yards versus Henry for 5 will remind us ALL why players of camp cupcake are more worried about their bag than a Lombardi.

Go Texans I guess

Loso86

Reaction score
CD is not in the market. He is under contract.

GM Jethro does not have to offer him anything.

Let him play on his last year. He is not going to sit out for long, if at all and miss out on $1M per game. Micah already ratted him out, saying he will be here week 1.

Tag him and restart negotiations next year and or trade him.
Sure if that's the game you want to play! But don't give me the under contract crap when a team can release and or trade a guy who has multiple years on his contract

Chasing6

Reaction score
Sure if that's the game you want to play! But don't give me the under contract crap when a team can release and or trade a guy who has multiple years on his contract
Can the player retire with multiple years on his contract?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
100% that 2 million isn’t going to hurt as far as total cap spent … 100% agree.

That is a lazy distraction from the bigger point being made … it IS absolutely the difference between signing Zeke instead of Derek Henry … or DJ Reader vs Jordan Phillips or Bobby Wagner vs Kendricks etc etc etc etc … but hey that’s always the line of thinking the “who cares what a player makes” crew postulates. 2 things can be true at once … we are able to not care less what a player makes, while also caring how a salary a player does make, impacts team make-up and ultimately TEAM success.

The “who cares what a guy gets paid” crowd also so conveniently forget the fact CeeDee is under a contract he signed. Boo hoo … he loved his bag when he signed it. If he cared so much about his bag then, why did he sign it? Where were these folks THEN? Why didn’t they care that he was “getting screwed on his bag” THEN? Goes both ways, bruh.

Can you see how it’s wild how these same folks who tell others “who cares what a guy gets paid” suddenly care and argue so much about what he gets paid? When he himself apparently didn’t care when he signed his OG contract. Works both ways …why do these other folks care so much NOW that he is paid “market value” … but alas it’s 2024, personal accountability is gone and now it’s the era of “imma delete my employer name from my IG and whine like a lil B until I get my NEW way who cares what I signed.” Same lil whiny B we saw on national TV when he laid an egg when it mattered most … so yah CeeDee … love ya as a player … love ya as a player for the team I’ve followed for 45 years … absolutely 100% Go get your bag you think you deserve … just do not do so at the expense of the team I root for, go get it somewhere else and all the best to ya. Absolutely didn’t love your GB meltdown … or your silence amidst your mama’s social media meltdown after your epic playoff meltdown … but I guess it always comes full circle in understanding.

Life is about tradeoffs so no one is stopping CeeDee from his bag or suggesting he don’t go get it, what I hear many, including myself saying are … just don’t cry and pretend to be team first blah blah blah … your market value as a player is determined by the role you play on the TEAM paying you …No better example than Pat Mahomes. CeeDee, yah we saw his TEAM market value on full display during the GB playoff disaster … and while he wants his extra 2 million in salary many could easily argue it’s shortsighted stupidity bc most doubt his endorsements as say a Carolina Panther track the same path as a cowboy … so good luck to him on that front as well.

The post you replied to is really the crux of the matter … X million more for one, is either X million less for another … or sometimes one less quality player at another position of need … imagine Dak took a littlle less last year and they lined up Wagner at LB instead of tin man LVE who cost like 1.5million less than Wagner … instead DQ was playing CB/S as LB … and the run D was putrid … meanwhile Wagner was all pro as voted by the players …But hey, Dak got his bag so who cares … and it’s pretty hard to argue that his bag is truly “market value” … if that was YOUR money … would you pay for that for repeated playoff failure? I’d sure hope not, so while it’s convenient to say “doesn’t hurt the cap” it’s lazy to say that and ignore it DOES hurt the TEAM.

But hey boi got his bag, amiright? Make no mistake, Jerry will cave bc he can’t help himself, all the “who cares about what he makes” crowd will thumb their chests … all while every handoff to Zeke for 2 yards versus Henry for 5 will remind us ALL why players of camp cupcake are more worried about their bag than a Lombardi.

Go Texans I guess
Cowboys were never signing anyone in free agency. I know it pains yall to hear this but yes the Cowboys intentionally signed Zeke and not Henry. They believe Zeke is good enough to start for them. They were not signing Reader or anyone. How many years do you guys need to see this?