Changed my mind about Lamb

Sydla

Reaction score
Please tell me when Jerry has screwed a player with guaranteed money? you are making up crap that doesnt exist.
So you have been privy to every deal the Cowboys have made. Oh you see the end contracts but many times, that's Jerry caving.

So to say that there is no chance Jerry is light on signing bonus or guaranteed money or is off on years and that Lamb is a bum for not taking $33MM is just ranting for the sake of ranting.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So you have been privy to every deal the Cowboys have made. Oh you see the end contracts but many times, that's Jerry caving.

So to say that there is no chance Jerry is light on signing bonus or guaranteed money or is off on years and that Lamb is a bum for not taking $33MM is just ranting for the sake of ranting.
no it isnt. History is history,..... no cowboy top player has ever not been handsomely paid.. NONE.

Sydla

Reaction score
no it isnt. History is history,..... no cowboy top player has ever not been handsomely paid.. NONE.
Yes, at the end. But do you know where the Cowboys started?

In other words, why did Elliott's contract not get done until the 24th hour? Because Jerry and Stephen were light at the beginning. And I wager that right now, Lamb is taking awhile because Jerry is being stingy somewhere beyond just AAV. Oh Jerry will eventually cave but to say Jerry is generous right from the start of negotiations is laughable. If he was, we'd sign our guys way quicker than we normally have in recent years.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
we care because it impacts the team overall... thats the only reason. Ad if you think paying him 35 million, Dak 63 million, and Parsons 44 million doesnt impact the team, you are nuts.
I’d rather pay them then give it to players like OSA, Bland, etc

Chasing6

Reaction score
You have no idea if that's what has been offered right now. So to just say, hey, he's a bum for not taking $33MM a year, that's silly unless you can then give us the details of the contract.

So can you? Can you provide for us the signing bonus, the years, the guaranteed at signing and the virtual guaranteed? I would appreciate it.
Really???

Can you prove that is not a minimum 75% guaranteed???

Quite down already!!!

BusDriver

Reaction score
Where did you get that from? Let's think about this for a second. If they wanted to sign Henry, do you think they wouldn't bc they had to pay Lamb 2mil more.....or is it a million times more likely that they'd still sign Henry and just skip out on one bargain bin player they always sign in free agency?

Besides you all need to go check out where we stack up around the league on salary cap the next few years bc you all are being sold a story. Make no mistake, we absolutely can sign all 3 of those guys to market setting contracts if we want too
Who is being sold a story? It’s economics 101 and all the “who cares what xxx player gets paid” make the same lazy arguments “we were never gonna sign xyz” “we could sign xyz if we wanted” blah blah blah … it’s lazy and its all assumptions… all the while, the fact is, if you have a budget of 100 bucks for groceries, and you choose to drop 89 bucks on a few fillets, by the time you pay for the stuff you need to cook them, you don’t have any leftover for desert. Fact is their is a budget in the NFL and when any player eats a higher percentage of that budget, other will eat less. Economics 101.

It’s funny how y’all bag fighters who try and sell the story “who cares what a guy gets paid” had no issues telling DLaw he should give up some of his bag when his market value to another team would have easily been higher … that’s the point … all the “who cares what a player gets paid” folks have lazy *** arguments for taking that stance .. all while seemingly caring that a guy isn’t getting his bag … so who s selling what story here? Fact: lamb is under contract that dictates his “bag” that is all he is entitled to. Spin up whatever story you wish but facts are facts … and ever stop and think they are shopping at food city bc Jerry cares more about paying his stars the bag while the rest of the team gets hosed … why aren’t yall fighting for them to get their bag? And of course you can’t explain why you care so much about Dak & CeeDee getting there bags, while shouting about “who cares what a guy gets paid” …. Who’s selling a story here? Hypocrites.

BusDriver

Reaction score
Just because market value dictates it doesn't mean a team must pay it,and that goes for any player,how could anyone refuse 33 mil a year?id trade his greedy ***
Not just that but “market value” is very very situational. Every player is worth something different to every team. The word market is intentionally conflated by agents and players to push their narrative … A fresh lobster has a different value in Maine than it does in Arizona, for a multitude of factors. 33 million for a WR in Dallas isn’t quite the same as 30 million in KC … just ask Tyreek. Speaking of KC, Mahomes seems to get this … but then again he values Lombardis over his “salary bag” … so while Dak and CeeDee chase their “bag” just imagine all the endorsement BAGS (plural) ole Patty has managed to pull in understanding the big picture.

Also funny how a dude fighting to get paid “market value” is willingly flushing cash down the drain by skipping camp. He has diminished his own bag sitting home pouting bc he suddenly is against the contract he agreed to and happily cashed checks against even after sucking when it mattered most.

Market value skyrockets when you’re a superbowl champion and the source of that value isn’t paid solely by the owner he plays for … not only can Pat & Travis teach a few lessons on the field, but in the board room as well. CeeDee could easily be worth 40mm in Carolina .. they need to sell some tickets and a WR1 … so it’s curious why all the “who cares what a man makes” “market value” crowd wants to hold him back from his big bag somewhere else. ‍♂️

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yes, at the end. But do you know where the Cowboys started?

In other words, why did Elliott's contract not get done until the 24th hour? Because Jerry and Stephen were light at the beginning. And I wager that right now, Lamb is taking awhile because Jerry is being stingy somewhere beyond just AAV. Oh Jerry will eventually cave but to say Jerry is generous right from the start of negotiations is laughable. If he was, we'd sign our guys way quicker than we normally have in recent years.
yea, because Zeke still had TWO YEARS left on his deal. How many teams are redoing deals after year 3? Please show me all the teams rushing to get new deals for their players after year three, that were 1st rd picks. So yea, they were tight, and then when they signed him, people blasted them for being stupid.

BusDriver

Reaction score
Because they didn’t want to pay him 2 million lol.
Just like they don’t want to pay CeeDee 2mm additional … why you for CeeDee getting his bag but against Hankins getting his?

Move them goalposts

Ever cross your mind they wanted to pay Hankins but realized CeeDee was gonna be a little whiny B and there only so much cake?

But 2 million extra for CeeDee “won’t hurt the cap,” right? You’re getting schooled on this one and fumbling for excuses, guy.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

BusDriver

Reaction score
we care because it impacts the team overall... thats the only reason. Ad if you think paying him 35 million, Dak 63 million, and Parsons 44 million doesnt impact the team, you are nuts.
lol … exactly .. these folks with the intentionally obtuse argument of. “Why do you care what xyz player gets paid” ….ALL while telling everyone that players should get their bag and market value, all while telling us all why they are right and alllll the reasons for why they think players should get their bags … meanwhile no one here saying they can’t get their bag … we just saying go elsewhere with that noise. So I’m confused by them asking why we care what a player makes when clearly they care farrrrrrrrr more about what a player gets paid than we ever could. So really, who are the ones who care about who gets paid what? Such a lazy retort.

It’s also hilarious how these same folks are against these players leaving to truly chase their big bag. CeeDee could prob get 38mm+ in Carolina … why isn’t anyone advocating for that? They want him to get his bag from Jerry and argue for why he’s entitled, but ask US “why you care what he gets paid?” So odd. Projection at its finest.

I can. not. lazy arguments are lazy,

For the record … I could not care any less what a player gets paid .. I DO however care how much of a players pay comes from the budget allocated to the team I want to see win and the impact that salary slice has on the team. Want more than what the Dallas Cowboys are offering? There’s the door.

Last edited:

The Natural

Reaction score
who the hell said anyone put anything off. Jerry could have offered 15 years at 30 millin per, and Lamb could have said go F off Jerry. You dont have a clue what or when anything was offered. Reports do say Lamb was offered 33 million per, and he turned it down. So yea, turning down the 2nd highest deal ever for a wr... yep, pisses fans off.
i'm not pissed off.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Just like they don’t want to pay CeeDee 2mm additional … why you for CeeDee getting his bag but against Hankins getting his?

Move them goalposts

Ever cross your mind they wanted to pay Hankins but realized CeeDee was gonna be a little whiny B and there only so much cake?

But 2 million extra for CeeDee “won’t hurt the cap,” right? You’re getting schooled on this one and fumbling for excuses, guy.

Hypocrisy at its finest.
Where did I say Hanskins shouldn’t get his bag? His departure wasn’t about the bag he wasn’t good enough to keep.

They just gave Joseph a deal up to 4 million and you think they didn’t have 2 million for Hanskins?

If this is getting schooled this must be the special ed class because the teacher ain’t cooking at all.

Retro88

Reaction score
Who is being sold a story? It’s economics 101 and all the “who cares what xxx player gets paid” make the same lazy arguments “we were never gonna sign xyz” “we could sign xyz if we wanted” blah blah blah … it’s lazy and its all assumptions… all the while, the fact is, if you have a budget of 100 bucks for groceries, and you choose to drop 89 bucks on a few fillets, by the time you pay for the stuff you need to cook them, you don’t have any leftover for desert. Fact is their is a budget in the NFL and when any player eats a higher percentage of that budget, other will eat less. Economics 101.

It’s funny how y’all bag fighters who try and sell the story “who cares what a guy gets paid” had no issues telling DLaw he should give up some of his bag when his market value to another team would have easily been higher … that’s the point … all the “who cares what a player gets paid” folks have lazy *** arguments for taking that stance .. all while seemingly caring that a guy isn’t getting his bag … so who s selling what story here? Fact: lamb is under contract that dictates his “bag” that is all he is entitled to. Spin up whatever story you wish but facts are facts … and ever stop and think they are shopping at food city bc Jerry cares more about paying his stars the bag while the rest of the team gets hosed … why aren’t yall fighting for them to get their bag? And of course you can’t explain why you care so much about Dak & CeeDee getting there bags, while shouting about “who cares what a guy gets paid” …. Who’s selling a story here? Hypocrites.
Firstly, You just said a whole lot about stuff I didn't say.

Secondly, we just signed 3 guys that weren't in the plans to deals totalling over that 6mil for Henry. Again, if we wanted him we would of had them. Potentially paying Lamb a couple more million did NOT "cost us" Henry. The money was there and they chose not too.

Lastly, like I said...the money is there. Obviously teams have budgets but QB/WR/Pass Rusher are also important payments. I'm not gonna stop buying gas for my truck bc the price goes up and patch together rides to and from work while I'm ordering doordash for lunch at work everyday.

Every important negotiation the Jones' do the same thing. They cry about money and the "piece of the pie" to put public pressure on the players.The public eats it up like they haven't heard the story before and then they remain being one of the lower spending teams.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
With our QB choices, CD wont make the difference from SB contender to mediocre, which is what our FO strives for. Lets all be honest and say we know what its about. Ok, Fine. So if we keep Dak, we know we are saying, screw the SB. IM not saying Trey would take us there. this is not Trey vs Dak, but what i am saying is Trey is the QB, lets see whats coming out in the next draft for QB or the draft after that. Either way, we re just aging CD. Is that fair to the player? No, get him signed and do a trade, or let him walk. I dont care either way. Dallas wont do anything that will be impressive.

For me its "Does Dallas change their future and make this the turning point, or do they stay the same" For me, signing Dak signals "we re keep the status quo" So for that, you most likely wont keep the important 3, and if we do, than kiss any chance at the SB good bye, because you need a solid team and most of our resources going those 3 will not help the team overall.

So, if CeeDee wants more, boy walk. Ya done know what Dallas is about, if not, ask anyone that knows football. You accept a contract here, DONT WHINE ABOUT A SB, it aint happening. I say this, chose your poison careffuly because you and only you have to live with teh consequnces.

To Micah, watch how this plays out, if you are smart, walk. If not, again dont complain. You chose this path.

Every player on the team knows what is about to happen. If you are sub par, just stay pat no other team will offer you as much. If you think you have the skills to break out and want to break the bank. Walk, plenty of teams can pay you, some have lofty goals. We do not.

This comes down to what the players choose after this pivatol decision is made.

Loso86

Reaction score
im sorry, the market says a player should be the highest paid in the entire league? What market says that???? The market says top players get between 30-35.... nothing says he should be the highest paid... NOTHING.
The market and what he lines up with and where players who are equal to him and beneath him are paid. Hate the market not me! Lol... please stop acting like yall don't know what the market it is. It's the same reason WBs who have done less than Dak like Daniel Jones is makes almost 50mil

Sydla

Reaction score
Really???

Can you prove that is not a minimum 75% guaranteed???

Quite down already!!!
LOL that’s not how this works. You made the claim it was 75-80% guaranteed right now.

The burden of proof is on you to back that up.

Chasing6

Reaction score
LOL that’s not how this works. You made the claim it was 75-80% guaranteed right now.

The burden of proof is on you to back that up.
No it is not. You have burden of proof of $33M???

Hearsay is not proof.

Sydla

Reaction score
No it is not. You have burden of proof of $33M???

Hearsay is not proof.
Oy vey.

We have no idea what the offer is but people are claiming if 33MM is on the table, then Lamb is being a punk for not taking it.

But that 33MM number is meaningless without critical details like signing bonus, years, guaranteed at signing, total potential guarantees, etc.

Why is this so hard for you to grasp?