Changed my mind about Lamb

Retro88

Reaction score
Some how you think Mahomes elevates the defense.
Lmao, how did you honestly read what I've been saying and come away with that?

The Chiefs, while that defense was superb, won that SB bc Mahommes was able to do just enough with those spare parts (minus Kelce). This is a passing game now. Good WRs aren't optional for 95% of QBs in the playoffs. You either have one/them or you're losing.

Take CD off this team and compare our WR core to the teams (that didn't have Mahommes/Brady) in the SB the last several years. You'll be hard pressed to find many worse ones and that's not a coincidence.

nobody

Reaction score
Any time a player wants more than the fair, offered price, and 33 per season was more than a fair offer, just show them their performance in the playoffs. They were gutless and disappeared when it mattered most. They don't deserve what they think they do because they haven't accomplished anything.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Sorry not falling for the propaganda that every elite player needs to become the next highest paid player.
I'm totally picking up what you're putting down. It's become the priority. To be the next highest paid player. When does the first QB demand 1 billion? At what point does it become ridiculous?

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't care how good he is. Turning down 33 million a year? Screw him.

And screw this tradition of every so-called elite player driving up salary cap costs. In the end it all translates to the fans having to pay more at games and merchandise.

These modern athletes need to get over themselves. Yes injury factors aside, they aren't that special. You don't see military vets demanding millions for their injury risk.
This is stupid because we don’t know the contract details.

33MM is a useless number without important details like contract length, guaranteed money, etc.

For example, 33MM a year sounds awesome. But what if the guaranteed money is half of what Jefferson got?

Guess what? That’s a bad deal and Lamb is right to thumb his nose at it.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I don't care how good he is. Turning down 33 million a year? Screw him.

And screw this tradition of every so-called elite player driving up salary cap costs. In the end it all translates to the fans having to pay more at games and merchandise.

These modern athletes need to get over themselves. Yes injury factors aside, they aren't that special. You don't see military vets demanding millions for their injury risk.
I served in the gulf war..... the VA now basically says if I come down with any cancer they will assume it came from my time in the gulf. It sucks, because they are basically conceding that those oil well fires have screwed all of us over. So yea, you will have to forgive me for having no empathy for lamb turning down the 2nd highest salary for a WR in league history.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So you choose NOW to say screw a player who wants what the market says he's worth. Lol yea screw him AND this season because that's what bit would be
im sorry, the market says a player should be the highest paid in the entire league? What market says that???? The market says top players get between 30-35.... nothing says he should be the highest paid... NOTHING.

Chasing6

Reaction score

33MM is a useless number without important details like contract length, guaranteed money, etc.

For example, 33MM a year sounds awesome. But what if the guaranteed money is half of what Jefferson got?

75 to 80 % is being guaranteed.

Sydla

Reaction score
Here's a thought exercise for those saying Lamb is a putz for turning down $33MM.

Justin Jefferson signed a 4 year, $150MM contract which is an AAV of $35MM. So when Lamb is apparently offered $33MM, people think that's a fair offer. Is it?

Justin Jefferson has a 4 year deal. He also got $36MM in a signing bonus. He also has nearly $89MM in guaranteed money at signing.

So let's say Lamb is offered a 6 year deal at $198MM. That's an AAV of $33MM. His signing bonus is only $28MM and his guaranteed money at signing is only $70MM. That's a bad offer. One, it locks him for longer, two it carries less guaranteed money, three he get less cash at signing.

But you guys see $33MM and think, gee, pretty close to Jefferson, he's being scummy not taking it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Here's a thought exercise for those saying Lamb is a putz for turning down $33MM.

Justin Jefferson signed a 4 year, $150MM contract which is an AAV of $35MM. So when Lamb is apparently offered $33MM, people think that's a fair offer. Is it?

Justin Jefferson has a 4 year deal. He also got $36MM in a signing bonus. He also has nearly $89MM in guaranteed money at signing.

So let's say Lamb is offered a 6 year deal at $198MM. That's an AAV of $33MM. His signing bonus is only $28MM and his guaranteed money is only $70MM. That's a bad offer. One, it locks him for longer, two it carries less guaranteed money, three he get less cash at signing.

But you guys see $33MM and think, gee, pretty close to Jefferson, he's being scummy not taking it.
A minimum of 75% guaranteed. Book it.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Fans getting mad at the player instead of the FO for putting off the extension to the last minute is a tale as old as time
who the hell said anyone put anything off. Jerry could have offered 15 years at 30 millin per, and Lamb could have said go F off Jerry. You dont have a clue what or when anything was offered. Reports do say Lamb was offered 33 million per, and he turned it down. So yea, turning down the 2nd highest deal ever for a wr... yep, pisses fans off.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Military vs private Business is incomparable. In this world, if you have a talent, people are willing to pay you. Most people want to get paid as much as they can, period. Athletes are not different than actors or upper skilled management types. You ain't paying his salary anyway. Not your money. I could care less what anyone else makes.
How much less could you care?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Why do you guys care so much about guys wanting to get paid? His first and probably only big pay day and yall think he should limit his monetization.
we care because it impacts the team overall... thats the only reason. Ad if you think paying him 35 million, Dak 63 million, and Parsons 44 million doesnt impact the team, you are nuts.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Please tell me when Jerry has screwed a player with guaranteed money? you are making up crap that doesnt exist.

Sydla

Reaction score
A minimum of 75% guaranteed. Book it.
You have no idea if that's what has been offered right now. So to just say, hey, he's a bum for not taking $33MM a year, that's silly unless you can then give us the details of the contract.

So can you? Can you provide for us the signing bonus, the years, the guaranteed at signing and the virtual guaranteed? I would appreciate it.