Twitter: Charean Williams: "Goodell will lose his job over this"

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think both her and Gosselin had a HOF vote at the same time.

I agree that Gosselin sucked at representing the Cowboys.

From what I recall years ago when Gosselin gave it up. There are so many that have a vote. And he was responsible for creating and giving presentations to the HOF voting members making the case for each Dallas player, or against other players. Heck he probably made it against our own. LOL.
But I remember Goose was on with Norm saying he was giving up his voting privileges and Charean was taking over the voting. But Goose was still going to put together the research and the presentations. Not sure if he is still doing that or not since he went to doing something different from what he used to.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
LOL, Goodell is not going to be fired. That's just hysterical crazy talk, and I am not a fan of Rog.

Jerruh isn't remotely as powerful as some believe he is.
If he was as powerful as some have claimed no Cowboy would ever be suspended or fined.

TV deals are money, money is in ratings, cowboys bring the highest ratings and thus money season in and season out.

Jerry is quite powerful.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Tagliabue pretty famously set up the initial conduct policy. When he did so he set up specific guidelines with specific punishments. Rule of law and all that.

No one is saying that players should not be punished but instead that there be clear outlines that everyone can see for themselves and follow.

Goodell changed everything to the arbitrary fly by the seat of our pants, reactionary garbage that we see today. It's the same type of complaints that John Adams and Thomas Jefferson used to make about King George's legal system. It's not a novel preference in this country.

As for Goodell, he is already extremely unpopular with the public and is a liability with the players. It's not like they have a tremendous loyalty streak and it's not like they cannot find another proxy given the salary we are talking about.

His contract runs out this year and I think the better question is why should they keep him.

The Ray Rice video changed everything!!! ........With Domestic violence so much in the forefront, Punishment of players were going to be harsher, the time has passed in a league where you could sweep things under the rug..... With cellphones, TMZ, instant messages etc today, the league had no choice but to deal harshly with players that don't act in accordance with community standards...Goodell is protecting the shield, that's his job, the last thing this league wants to see is a flood of sponsors dumping the NFL and the money that goes with it.....If you really have to ask why Goodell should keep his job, then you fail to grasp what business of the sports world is today...He's not going anywhere regardless how much Fans whine about a players suspension!!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The Ray Rice video changed everything!!! ........With Domestic violence so much in the forefront, Punishment of players were going to be harsher, the time has passed in a league where you could sweep things under the rug..... With cellphones, TMZ, instant messages etc today, the league had no choice but to deal harshly with players that don't act in accordance with community standards...Goodell is protecting the shield, that's his job, the last thing this league wants to see is a flood of sponsors dumping the NFL and the money that goes with it.....If you really have to ask why Goodell should keep his job, then you fail to grasp what business of the sports world is today...He's not going anywhere regardless how much Fans whine about a players suspension!!

The new powers to Goodell happened before the Rice video came out. That was in response to Pacman and the Bengal whose name I cannot recall.

I have no issue if they wanted to increase the punishment or the like. I have an issue with the rules not being clear and equitable.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From what I recall years ago when Gosselin gave it up. There are so many that have a vote. And he was responsible for creating and giving presentations to the HOF voting members making the case for each Dallas player, or against other players. Heck he probably made it against our own. LOL.
But I remember Goose was on with Norm saying he was giving up his voting privileges and Charean was taking over the voting. But Goose was still going to put together the research and the presentations. Not sure if he is still doing that or not since he went to doing something different from what he used to.
Goggle search indicates Gosselin is still a HOF voter.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am not advocating for this article, or the content and its meaning. However, decide for yourself. If your reply is "look at the site, yada yada yada," then read the words and take off your Cowboy glasses.

http://www.thewildcard.com/nfl-repo...tm_content=2017-08-11&utm_campaign=manualpost

From the article...

Perhaps most damning of all was the stern warning the NFL issued to Elliott at the end of the report (emphasis ours):

“You must have no further adverse involvement with law enforcement, and must not commit any additional violations of league policies. In that respect, you should understand that another violation of this nature may result in your suspension or potential banishment from the NFL."

I also heard the call to the police made by the woman who claims Zeke roughed her up. It was on the same radio program. In this call to police she claimed he had been physically abusing her all week. She was making the call from her car outside his apartment, so she said.

I have questions.

Why did she not call the police the first time he abused her, instead of seeking his company for the entire week? Only to be abused again and again.

In any of the testimony given, and that includes all evidence, has it ever been determined that she perhaps initiated the physical altercation?

At what point after he was drafted, and signed the contract, did he end the relationship with her? And what was her reaction to this after finding out she would not be included in his financial windfall? Were these events separate or one long argument over days as she (perhaps) argued to keep the relationship alive?

From the quote of the league in the article above, it appears they (the league) thinks and states the physical hard he did her over three days. They cite the bruises she suffered during each attack.

Where was the physical abuse prior to these incidents? Funny how this behavior of Zeke's started as their relationship was ending. Abuse like this doesn't manifest out of the blue. So where are the incidents prior to this revealing a pattern of behavior that leads us to believe he is an abuser?

Are was this an incident where she went bat-shart crazy when she found out his payday was not her payday?

My post is not very PC. I do not apologize for that fact. But two grown adults having an argument which results in the woman getting bruised up, and then she returns twice more before calling the police seem a bit bogus for me. And if your replay is she was captured in the midst of a batterer wife syndrome, then show me the pre-existing evidence which led up to this three day attack that conditioned her to accept the beating over and over.

Zeke may be guilty as sin. And I understand I am removing her victimhood in this post. But this story does not follow the "normal" path of a woman who accepts abuse because she has been patterned over systematic abuse that has eroded her self esteem to the point she thinks she is the reason why she is being beaten.

Last point. How long until the civil law suit is filed for millions of dollars against Zeke now that the league has essentially branded him as guilty?

One more site that has some interesting points of view on Tiffany.

http://heavy.com/sports/2016/07/tif...friend-domestic-abuse-charges-instagram-page/[/quote]

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Why? Goodell will be praised for this around the league and from the public, what they all want is the league to be hard on players so this activity stops. That is what he did today.

and the other issue is who would want this job? The job is basically getting the blame for all the negative stuff that goes on around the league, you're the bulletproof vest for the owners. Meanwhile the owners take credit for all the good or positivity when it arises.

Because of the way guys like Jerry run there organization their is always going to be a pile of crap at your doorstep if you are the commissioner and goodell seems to be fine with this so I see no reason why he would not be back.
I'll tell you who else wants his job: Me!! I'll take that cool $44M per year that he's getting!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Bet Mara has a hand in this too. I want to see another move like Jerry did with the Pepsi compound lawsuit against the NFL. I mean a BIG SLEDGEHAMMER move against the NFL.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
:hammer:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Other people in the world can do Goodell's job.

The list of candidates is large when the pay is 44 million per year.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Other people in the world can do Goodell's job.

The list of candidates is large when the pay is 44 million per year.

That's true, but Goodell has long relationships with all these sponsors and do you really think these owners are going outside of their inner circle and hire someone to run their league. don't see it..

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's true, but Goodell has long relationships with all these sponsors and do you really think these owners are going outside of their inner circle and hire someone to run their league. don't see it..
If they move the discipline issues to a committee which seems likely at some point, then there are likely many people more qualified to deal with sponsors than Goodell. Think about TV network executives. Big TV networks have huge resources invested in dealing with sponsors.

roughneck266

Reaction score
Why? Goodell will be praised for this around the league and from the public, what they all want is the league to be hard on players so this activity stops. That is what he did today.

and the other issue is who would want this job? The job is basically getting the blame for all the negative stuff that goes on around the league, you're the bulletproof vest for the owners. Meanwhile the owners take credit for all the good or positivity when it arises.

Because of the way guys like Jerry run there organization their is always going to be a pile of crap at your doorstep if you are the commissioner and goodell seems to be fine with this so I see no reason why he would not be back.
I don't quite understand why they should be hard on someone who they have no proof did anything. I mean, the judicial system said there was no evidence. From what I have read, the league didnt have anything the judicial system didnt have. So making an example of someone for something you can't prove they even did doesn't make any sense...

erod

Reaction score

Only 5-6 owners wield any power at all, and Goodell has pissed off four of them.

Jerry, Kraft, Snyder, Benson.....the rest do exactly what they're told by these guys.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Goddell covered his butt by staying out of the investigation. He brought in a group of people who are not on the NFL payroll and had this independent team examine everything, conduct interviews, look at texts, email, etc. That group appears to be unanimous in the opinion that Zeke is guilty of behavior violating league behavior guidelines, and they made a recommendation. I'm not sure Goddell can be held accountable for anything other than the length of the suspension.

I'll bet everyone, even the police and DA, think he was guilty of something at some level. No having enough evidence to ensure a conviction is NOT the same thing as being "innocent."