Chart showing average defensive rank for a QBs career, including Dak

Brax

Reaction score
Go hijack another thread and then pretend you didn't.

This thread was about defense.

"DURRR BUT WHAT ABOUT DA SPECIAL TEAMS!?"
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
Here you go

Chart showing average defensive rank for a QBs career, including Dak​

So tell me Drrrrrrrrrrr what don’t you get or as usual just being dense, what position does a QB play, need a hint???? Again I posted a totally valid piont that unfortunately is beyond your comprehension, no problem I understand Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Nav22

Reaction score
Here you go

Chart showing average defensive rank for a QBs career, including Dak​

So tell me Drrrrrrrrrrr what don’t you get or as usual just being dense, what position does a QB play, need a hint???? Again I posted a totally valid piont that unfortunately is beyond your comprehension, no problem I understand Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
So this is what total humiliation looks like in message board form.

"Not as poorly as the offensive" (not "offense", you literally wrote "offensive" LMAAAOOO)

Yeah, that's totally what this thread was about!
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

starman22

Reaction score
You’re so anti Dak that you don’t realize that one I never blamed the defense or said we didn’t lose because of Dak. You guys are worse than the pro Dak guys you claim fuel your negativity.
To be fair, a lot of people got sucked in to believing in the team again this year after having their guard up for so long after so many disappointments. I really believe that is one of the main reasons people are so passionate (in a negative way) about this current team.

Everyone knows the defense sucked in the GB game. Everyone knows the offense sucked when it still mattered. Garbage time points don't impress anyone, and the whole second half was garbage time.

Dak is by far the highest paid player on the team, he will take most of the criticism

Brax

Reaction score
So this is what total humiliation looks like in message board form.

"Not as poorly as the offensive" (not "offense", you literally wrote "offensive" LMAAAOOO)

Yeah, that's totally what this thread was about!
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
Sorry you’re so upset about not understanding, it’s okay when you grow up it gets easier.

khiladi

Reaction score
Obviously, a ton of mental gymnastics involved in using a regular season stat for the defense while saying the QB sucks because he isn't good in the playoffs.

Dak had a higher PLAYOFF passer rating than Brock Purdy.
Dak is imperfect and has some obvious areas to improve in, but it is really hard to take fans who bad mouth him seriously when they have no real data or intelligent discussion to offer just utter nonsense or complete mistruths.
Imagine using stats from playing a second-string Packers defense that went basically prevent when the game was over as some proof that the passer rating of Dak being better than Purdy’s is something to gloat about.

khiladi

Reaction score
it's wild. like going from the greatest qb of all time to.... anyone would be a difficult ask. but his replacements haven't even been competent. meanwhile brady takes the helm of a team that was a qb away already, and brought his friends with him.
Also drafted Tristan Wirfs that year and he was absolutely dominant. One could argue best OL in the game that year.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dak's teams have averaged 8th. This was posted like 1 year ago but I think Cowboys were a top 5 defense this year, or around there.

1KZOcuF.png
THis math aint mathin ... Dak just finished his 8 season. In his time in Dallas these are the defensive PPG rankings
====
My calculator says that equals a total of 80.
My calculator then says that averages out to 10 (80/8)

So what am I missing here?

Other than a little blatant agenda-ism.

bigE79

Reaction score
This! I was arguing with a guy who said Romo had the better defenses over his career. Said that the 2009 defense was one of the best.
Romo had crap on defense most of his career, and the ol wasn't much better..in retrospect im surprised we won as much as we did...and when he finally had a good ol in 14,he should have been MVP...that was the best team we had since 95,imo and got screwed again by ref ball.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I just showed where BB coached 187 games without Brady and could only go 84-103, that would be about 11 1/2 seasons without Brady dividing by 16 games per season. That resume probably does not get someone another head coaching job (btw he can't get another head coaching job with the record he does have)

You reached so hard to try to give him credit for Super Bowls as an assistant really? LOL! So desperate.

Just use Google.
Bill went 82-98 without Brady which is indeed unimpressive.
He did that without any capable NFL QB.
His 2nd best QB after Brady is either Testaverde or Bledsoe both of whom were injured.
Belichick is hardly some offensive mastermind.
But you put him with arguably the GOAT QB and they had a complete TEAM.
It was the combination that won all those titles.

Tom Brady picked the Bucs because they were set up with a ton of cap cash in a weak division.
They signed half the free world and won a Super Bowl.
Tom was perfectly fine but not special. 9th in both Passer Rating and QBR that season.
He wasn't All Pro or even a Pro Bowler.
But again, they had a very good TEAM.
Then he spent 2 more years there and it went downhill as the cap spending limited moves.
His final season he was under .500 and got beat by Dallas like a rented mule in his own stadium.

There are zero people with any credibility whatsoever who doubt Belichicks defensive bonafides.
Teams are still signing guys he coached to play DB 5+ years ago like Gilmore and Logan Ryan.

As to next jobs who knows. Bill is very up there in age and you better have the offense in place.
But arguing his lack of job in ATL means much is just goofy.
Teams fail to hire the best candidate more often than not.
And ATL does not have a QB so they hired a guy 20 years younger than Belichick who can run a rebuild.
It changes zero if he never coaches again because he will get the gold jacket year 1 same as Brady.

And yes it means quite a lot to win a Super Bowl as a coordinator who is calling the plays for that side of the ball.
Same as it did for Dan Quinn in Seattle.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Romo had crap on defense most of his career, and the ol wasn't much better..in retrospect im surprised we won as much as we did...and when he finally had a good ol in 14,he should have been MVP...that was the best team we had since 95,imo and got screwed again by ref ball.
Romo had 4 realistic shots:
2007 was the best offense. T.O and team were insane. WR drops would be TD and we lose by 2. Rough.
2009 was a very strong team. Wade had that defense balling and we crushed the Eagles in the wild card but JG was OC and Romo was awful versus the Vikes. 156 yards passing 3 turnovers.
2014 was loaded. Wild calls and Aaron Rogers.
2016 he gets hurt again and is out 90% of the season. Team moved on.

1942willys

Reaction score
This! I was arguing with a guy who said Romo had the better defenses over his career. Said that the 2009 defense was one of the best.
IT ranked 2nd I believe but the NFL does that on yards and I have always questioned using that. To me it should be points; just like with offense since that is how you decide games.
At any rate, against the vikings in the playoffs Favre dissected that defense easily.

Nav22

Reaction score
Defenses dont “perform well” when the opposition is given 2 picks
The Chiefs turned it over twice on Super Bowl Sunday vs the NFC champions, and they still held the 49ers to a measly 19 points in regulation.

The same exact 49ers who completely shredded our defense in Week 5.

You should watch football more often.
:thumbup:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Our defense in the regular season vs play offs. Two different animals. We can't seem to stop a thing in the playoffs.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
The Patriots putting together 22 defenses that averaged a ranking of 7th over two plus decades is impressive.

This is why I chuckle at those that say BB is a product of Brady.
I know.

I mean nobody ever mentions the success he had BEFORE Brady, and then AFTER Brady as a head coach and assistant head coach with the Jets.

I mean, its not like having the best QB of all time that constantly allows your team to jump up by 2 or 3 scores on your opponent quickly, forcing them out of their game plan, and making them abandon the run and become 1 dimensional would help your defense in any way. That's just CRAZY talk.

And again...he did have a lot of success as Cleveland's head coach before Brady, and as the Patriots head coach AFTER Brady, correct? I mean....I can't quite remember, but he MUST have had great success b4 and after Brady I assume, since he's so awesome and everything

JustChip

Reaction score
Dak's regular season record is fantastic.

How did those defenses perform in Dak's 7 playoff games?
Off hand, I would say the 2 Packers games (2016 and 2023) were very poor defensive games. The defense played well in the Seahawks, Rams , Bucs and both 49ers games - well enough to win.

Nav22

Reaction score
Off hand, I would say the 2 Packers games (2016 and 2023) were very poor defensive games. The defense played well in the Seahawks, Rams , Bucs and both 49ers games - well enough to win.
LOL, the Rams game in which we gave up 30 points, 273 yards rushing and didn't force a turnover?

Nope.