Chiefs' Owner is Worst Owner in Football Apparently

Smith22

Reaction score
Sounds like you are giving our owner a lifetime pass for early success with Jimmy.
Nope. Just stating facts.

I want more rings as much as the next fan, but you can't ignore the fact that an oil business man came in, fired Tom Landry of all people, hired a college coach and saw his franchise win more superbowls than it did before he arrived.

Big_D

Reaction score
Jerry is absolute garbage. You can’t separate owner and GM at this point. The money he pockets is irrelevant to the actual success of his football team. Hanging his players out to dry for 30 years with one ridiculous decision after another including his kid.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nope. Just stating facts.

I want more rings as much as the next fan, but you can't ignore the fact that an oil business man came in, fired Tom Landry of all people, hired a college coach and saw his franchise win more superbowls than it did before he arrived.
No one is denying that. But there’s a reason he had that early success and hasn’t since.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Landry didn’t get a pass for life with his legendary success. Belichick didn’t. The list goes on.

But some Cowboy fans are giving Jethro a pass for life with his early success with Jimmy.

Smith22

Reaction score
It’s a tale of two different operations under one ownership.

One was a very successful model. The other hasn’t been.
Would argue age has played a role as well.

Jerry is much closer to death now. He isn't the gambler he once was.

Is what it is.

Big_D

Reaction score
Landry didn’t get a pass for life with his legendary success. Belichick didn’t. The list goes on.

But some Cowboy fans are giving Jethro a pass for life with his early success with Jimmy.
There’s a new generation of fans that only got to see the jones stupidity the past few decades. His way of running things. Thats all they know. Watching Stephen operate the offseason never witnessing a team run by actual football people.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Would argue age has played a role as well.

Jerry is much closer to death now. He isn't the gambler he once was.

Is what it is.
It’s much more than that. It’s about him taking over control of football operations.

And he hasn’t been able to build a championship team since Jimmy did.

Which has been going on now for almost 3 decades. He hasn’t been old all of this time.

His priority to be a celebrity football guy has taken precedence over winning championships.

I’d argue he’s only interested in winning his way. Not willing for someone else to become the face of of his franchise gaining more credit for the success like Jimmy did.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And some give him zero credit.
But that’s not what I’m doing. I give him credit for those early years naming someone over football operations and blame for the rest for not doing so.

It wasn’t enough winning championships getting credit for hiring Jimmy with Jimmy receiving credit for the football success.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The top priority would be winning superbowls, which the franchise has accomplished 3 times under his ownership.

Some of you all act like we had 5 rings before he arrived.
Any owner, doing due diligence, would evaluate what works and does not work in maximizing operational outcomes. It will be debatable but the combination of Jerry Jones, the owner, and the direct and indirect influence of Jimmy Johnson netted three Super Bowls for the franchise between February 1989 and January 1996. What is not debatable is Jerry Jones, the owner, has sniffed zero Super Bowls between February 1996 and present.

Through trial-and-error, Jerry Jones has fallen short of re-installing a winning formula that saw his franchise capture three Super Bowls. That trial-and-error has consisted of him shuffling everyone within his football operational chart for 28 years except the:
  1. General Manager
  2. Director of Player Personnel
Jerry Jones, the owner, has not done his due diligence of addressing all variables within his football operations. That purposeful avoidance by him is either not acknowledged or disregarded by some outside observers--regardless of the total number of Lombardi Trophies the Dallas Cowboys have won.

visionary

Reaction score
This take is soooooo bad.

How many owners in the NFL have bought a franchise, increased its value by over 8 billion and manage to win 3 superbowls?

Now if you want to talk about his GM skills or lack thereof, I agree.
I am of course assuming that the person responding to my post can understand English and has actually bothered to read and understand my post before flapping his gums but i guess im wrong

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There’s a new generation of fans that only got to see the jones stupidity the past few decades. His way of running things. Thats all they know. Watching Stephen operate the offseason never witnessing a team run by actual football people.
Initially Jethro was all about the business side which he flourishes with letting Jimmy having total control of football operations. It was a tremendous duo and success.

But when the football success starting coming in Jethro saw all of the accolades and attention Jimmy was having and wanted to be a bigger part of that. And where their problems begun.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It was a poll conducted by the NFLPA where the players rank their teams various benefits. Facilities, travel, food, ownership, care of family.

Who gives the fattest contracts is not one of the factors they vote on.

Hunts players voted him the worst owner because the facilities are trash. Worst in the league in many aspects. But you state he’s the best?

No offense, but you would do well to at least make a minimal amount of effort to understand what you are commenting about before you do so.
Sure he’s the best. They are winning championships . The rest are just talking points.

I’m sure we’re all excited how grand our facilities are , how well our players and their families are being taken care of while we choke and come up short in the playoffs. Lol

Big_D

Reaction score
Initially Jethro was all about the business side which he flourishes with letting Jimmy having total control of football operations. It was a tremendous duo and success.

But when the football success starting coming in Jethro saw all of the accolades and attention Jimmy was having and wanted to be a bigger part of that. And where their problems begun.
Time for Hunt to blow up that dynasty in KC looking for his portion of the credit. Man wouldn’t that be ridiculous? This here is a sad situation unlike any other! I’m not hanging my hat on a distant memory and pretending Jerry played some major role besides hiring the coach. Just the word “credit” has become a joke with this organization because of him.

Big_D

Reaction score
Players negotiate contracts. They don’t have to stay in KC, yet there they are!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Time for Hunt to blow up that dynasty in KC looking for his portion of the credit. Man wouldn’t that be ridiculous? This here is a sad situation unlike any other! I’m not hanging my hat on a distant memory and pretending Jerry played some major role besides hiring the coach. Just the word “credit” has become a joke with this organization because of him.
We really can’t even take the Cowboys serious anymore. Pure entertainment.

All in and Culture are the topics this offseason.

Our owner is always too busy promoting his brand and hyping the team rather than building a champion.

In his own words “ remaining relative and interesting “ are the priorities.

Last edited:

visionary

Reaction score
Exactly
You just have to read this thread and realize how absolutely stupid and moronic many Cowboys fans are to still think Jerry is a good owner and the guy whose team us winning SBs is bad