Chris Collinsworth brought up something we've all been thinking

Blitzen

Reaction score
Dak was always more versatile when he was a threat to run. It’s obvious a decision was made that he would not be running this season…I guess to protect the investment. But, it sure does hurt given the state of the o-line and their collective inability to stop the rush.

No decision was made to protect him. He could not ever run away from defenders well (though he could truck them)-now he canNOT run away from them. He’s a statue back there

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Of course Dak runs less now than he did when he was younger. One because he's a better passer than runner now and two he has a surgically reconstructed ankle to worry about. But there is a different between running recklessly and running intelligently. Dak needs to take the 5-6 yards and slide or get out of bounds when the defense presents it. When he breaks out of the pocket he is clearly NOT looking to run .. It's frustrating to watch and I have to wonder if that week he spent in the walking boot this summer wasn't more than they let on. Maybe the ankle is giving him trouble and they are trying to keep it under wraps. It's the only explanation that makes any sense at this point.
But then they go and sign him to a big contract!

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
What is concerning, is that this team will not be participating in any NFC Championship Games for the next 5 years.
And Washington looks like it will get to an NFCCG this year or soon. The Cowboys will be the only NFC team to not play in an NFCCG in the 21st century which is 1/4 over with.

Swanny

Reaction score
To be fair, Prescott was never a good runner to begin with. He was always willing to run but he never had tip speed or agility. He always Looked like a toddler out there trying to run
Maybe wrong but Dak was great at running in college. And I thought he was pretty darn good at running his first 3 years. Not elite but pretty good

chicago JK

Reaction score
He does look really slow running. No threat to run now. He even looks slow in the pocket. Almost a sitting duck.

I found it interesting in game 7 Collingsworth mentioned the Cowboys corrected running out the fakes on the quarterback draw. Just sloppy all the way around. Dak not going through the fake, receivers not running their routes, lineman missing their assignments, etc. It really seems like a lot of the small things have been missed this year.

EGTuna

Reaction score
Dak and the rest of the team except Aubrey, Angerer and the long snapper have played well below expectations. The coaching has been equally bad. But no singular cause for this disaster is bigger than Jerry Jones.