Christine Michael Gets First Team Snaps In Practice?

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Honestly who does Michael compare to in the NFL? I kinda see a little bit bigger Ray Rice or a super sized MJD.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
I'm thinking we should make Whitehead inactive and use Dunbar for his role and activate Michael and then have both on the field at the same time. Even have Dunbar and Randle/McFadden on the field at the same time and suddenly we've eliminated the predictability of having Dunbar in the lineup.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Michael is faster and stronger than Randle. Not sure about McFadden but he is only fast in a straight line. Michael is the better athlete out of all RBs.

regardless. murray is big and fast and had 1800 yards last year. he got nothing against us two weeks ago, since we stacked the line and attacked their run game. Atlanta did the same to us and stopped a running game with the same players that were gashing them in the first half.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yes but his (Randle) biggest run in the first quarter was against a stacked 8 man box. When they stack the box, if the RB can make a guy miss up near the los, big plays can happen. I think the big thing is against a run defense is avoiding the negative plays. I can live with 2nd and 8 or 2nd and 9, I hate 2nd and 14, etc.

When there is no where to go, you have hit the hole and get back to the LOS or gain a few yards. Indecisive stuttering is costly.

and is Christine so much better than seattle dropped it him for next to nothing. not sure if I buy into the Michael Christine hype. he is the grass on the other side right now. he is greener. just like the draft.....randle has done ok. could he be better? yes. but I am not holding my breath for Michael Christine starts playing.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
I started Joe Randle last week, which paid off. But I only count on any RB for the Cowboys as Flex, last resort option guys.....You just dont know who is getting the targets??

However, if CM is activated and suits up. I would take a chance on him. My hope is , he gets a few carries, does well, then quickly becomes are #1. I am hoping CM has better chemisty and a better suited running style for this OL.....and tears it up!

I will take that chance at Flex...

Brooksey

Reaction score
and is Christine so much better than seattle dropped it him for next to nothing. not sure if I buy into the Michael Christine hype. he is the grass on the other side right now. he is greener. just like the draft.....randle has done ok. could he be better? yes. but I am not holding my breath for Michael Christine starts playing.

Nobody knows at this point what C-Mike can do. I do know that Joe Randle is a very talented athlete but has struggled to be consistent with his zone blocking reads and drives are being stalled. We're going to have to be patient with Randle and hope he picks it up, or shake things up.

Remember the stupidity of the underwear incident and his remarks at the police station? He's not the brightest bulb on the tree.

Randle is struggling to read his zone blocks, not everyone can do it. Can Joe? Time will tell.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Nobody knows at this point what C-Mike can do. I do know that Joe Randle is a very talented athlete but has struggled to be consistent with his zone blocking reads and drives are being stalled. We're going to have to be patient with Randle and hope he picks it up, or shake things up.

Remember the stupidity of the underwear incident and his remarks at the police station? He's not the brightest bulb on the tree.

Randle is struggling to read his zone blocks, not everyone can do it. Can Joe? Time will tell.

I dont think anybody can dispute CMs talent. The opporutnity for him at Dallas is great. A change of scenery, different coahces, players, state, culture, etc etc..... Just a chance at something more, then what he has done.

Sometimes its exactly what a human being needs....... They flourish in one environemnt but struggle in another. Same person, same attitude, same talent and skills... Look at Forsett.....

Its far from gauranteed, but its definately worth the shot!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

exactly. so we HOPE MC can do it. because we are unhappy with what we have. randle is 10th in rushing, including the 2nd half debacle against Atlanta, which I don't blame him, but the offense and all of them. he is averaging 4.2 ypc. has he missed some reads. yes. but he also has been able to turn a lot of runs that could have been negative into positive yards. so I take the good with the bad. IMO we probably need to draft a RB high next year, as I don't think MC is the answer. he was also very inconsistent in seattle, that's why they dropped him and went with an aging backup RB on his last legs. again, we hope the unknown is better than the known.

Merlin

Reaction score
regardless. murray is big and fast and had 1800 yards last year. he got nothing against us two weeks ago, since we stacked the line and attacked their run game. Atlanta did the same to us and stopped a running game with the same players that were gashing them in the first half.

And injury prone. And just came off a season where he had a ton of carries. RBs generally fall off the next year when they have that many carries. Not sure what your point is.

HanD

Reaction score
He's owned in 50% of leagues but solid troll.

he's owned in 32% of yahoo. doesn't change the fact that he holds marginal value in a majority of leagues unless you play in 12/14+ leagues with huge benches. David Cobb is owned in 8% of leagues and he is on IR. going by solely % owned doesn't make a player a wise choice to keep on your roster because many people sign up draft and never look at their team again. i don't know the details of your league but to each his own. dmc has little upside and relevance unless JR gets hurt. I personally think CM has more upside and chance of fantasy impact this season....

DallasBlockersClub

Reaction score
he's owned in 32% of yahoo. doesn't change the fact that he holds marginal value in a majority of leagues unless you play in 12/14+ leagues with huge benches. David Cobb is owned in 8% of leagues and he is on IR. going by solely % owned doesn't make a player a wise choice to keep on your roster because many people sign up draft and never look at their team again. i don't know the details of your league but to each his own. dmc has little upside and relevance unless JR gets hurt. I personally think CM has more upside and chance of fantasy impact this season....

I had him rostered just because I thought he looked better than Randle in the PS and thought he might emerge, I was wrong. Just dropped him for CM. My team is pretty stout so I can afford the risk.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I had him rostered just because I thought he looked better than Randle in the PS and thought he might emerge, I was wrong. Just dropped him for CM. My team is pretty stout so I can afford the risk.

He is worth owning since he was one injury to Randle from being the main RB for a good running team.

If he loses reps to CMike then he is worhtless and CMike becomes the lottery ticket.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Smart person you are.

Yours,

Yoda
I'm not going to do the same mistake I made with Murray when I drafted him his rookie year.....I actually cut him a week or two before his big game against the Rams.....luckily I picked him back up but the biggest thing it hurt me on was that it was a keeper league and the player had to be drafted 8th round or later in order to keep and cannot be involved in a transaction....I drafted Murray in the 15th round that year......luckily I took Cam a round after that.