Christine Michael Gets First Team Snaps In Practice?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Charles is an elite talent. KC's line hasn't been good yet he still produces without much of a passing game. Once Michael plays, he will take the job and not look back. End of story.

So I gotch you now. You think a RB like Charles magically makes holes open up. I understand now.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“It feels good. First-team reps always feel good,” Michael said. “Just looking to go in there and help contribute as much as possible. It’s outstanding to get those reps and I feel good about it. Physically I feel like I’ve been ready. It’s a lot of plays. I had to get my plays down, which have been coming along pretty well. Study pretty much every day. I get in my books every day. But for the most part, man, just looking to go out there and have fun.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports...orner-blog/article37257597.html#storylink=cpy

Good to hear he's studying almost every day. Now that he's been here a month, I feel better about him getting his shot. I like the idea of sitting Lucky for a week and bringing in that guy who can run against a full box. Dunbar can pickup the few snaps Lucky was getting, and Michael can steal snaps from all three of the RBs and just go with the hot hand.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
studying pretty much every day ... looking to have fun ... I want to believe he will be working his butt off every single day without fail in the playbook, and being serious about maximizing this opportunity, hopefully that is the case. I'd love to see him succeed.

esloan

Reaction score
Count me in as one who is ready for Michaels. Will he be better than Randle or McFadden? I don't know but I do know he has the physical tools to be better. He is a load. He is strong, quick and agile and I think he has a better shot getting through 8 man fronts than McFadden does for sure.

jday

Reaction score
Count me in as one who is ready for Michaels. Will he be better than Randle or McFadden? I don't know but I do know he has the physical tools to be better. He is a load. He is strong, quick and agile and I think he has a better shot getting through 8 man fronts than McFadden does for sure.

My sentiments, exactly.

jday

Reaction score
So if the OL gets it together and Michael has a very good game in his opportunities.
So is it the OL or is it the RB
:laugh:

I know it may depend on how the other RB's do also in their opportunities.
But much will depend on of the rest of the team do their job, and what type of D are they running against, and all of that...

I just hope he kicks arse in his scheme of the game plan. As well as the others too.

What will separate Michaels from the rest of the group is not how many yards he gets alone but how many yards he can get after contact.

jday

Reaction score
So who sits? My vote is McFadden. He is now a backup to Randal in my opinion. So let McF sit and see what difference it makes. Dunbar has emerged as a threat out of the backfield, and Randal does more than just run through the line.

If they are not going to put Lucky Whitehead in there to return punts, my vote would be him. We already have two of him with Beasley and Dunbar.

jday

Reaction score
Well I disagree.

He's a big play RB with excellent vision.

If you got a bunch of coaches who want to run at more guys than we can block every time on first down then yeah he will look like a Jag just like any RB in the league besides Peterson.

But if you give him lanes to run through he is a big play RB.

Jag my ***

For the most part, I'm with you. Randle looked great in that first half; I won't debate that. Having said that, given Michales size alone, he has the ability to give the Cowboys something none of the other backs can, which someone who can move a pile when the team only needs a few inches. Amazingly, though, he also has very good speed for a runningback his size, meaning he can potentially duplicate what McFadden does, minus the shoestring tackles.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Doubt they would be whispering that for an RB the Cowboys gave up a conditional 7th round pick for. It's not like we traded for Marshawn Lynch. Michael is going to have to prove himself in games.

Michael will prove himself quickly if given the opportunity. AND the oline will be inspired by his presence.

DallasBlockersClub

Reaction score
Dropping McFadden for Michael in fantasy. Thoughts?

Edit: good depth at RB with Bell/Forsett/Foster/Matt Jones

mattjames2010

Reaction score

McFadden has the potential to get you points, Michael doesn't. Don't touch him until you know he's in the starting lineup. But you have a good group of RBs there, so you can take the risk.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

I stashed Michaels on my squad because he gets the chance and blows up you will take a chance on the waiver wire. Best to get him now and secure him

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Michael will prove himself quickly if given the opportunity. AND the oline will be inspired by his presence.

Randle got a TD (The run to the right) despite some bad blocks. That should have inspired the OL.

Just curious, what is your opinion on the DE Ben Gardner that was cut before the season.?

kevm3

Reaction score
We don't necessarily need Michael to be 'better' than McFadden or Randle. We need for him to be different. We need for him to be the back that is always going forward and can convert a high majority of 3rd downs. Randle and McFadden should be there cleaning up and giving the offense different looks because they can get huge amounts of yardage given the opportunity, but making them the mainstay of our offense is going to be problematic when other teams focus on stopping the run game.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
McFadden has the potential to get you points, Michael doesn't. Don't touch him until you know he's in the starting lineup. But you have a good group of RBs there, so you can take the risk.

Michael is worth the risk in a league with deep benchs if you can afford to stash a player

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Randle got a TD (The run to the right) despite some bad blocks. That should have inspired the OL.

Just curious, what is your opinion on the DE Ben Gardner that was cut before the season.?

I was a little surprised by that cut. I thought he was having a good camp & would have provided some quality depth at DE. I'm also surprised he hasn't caught on with another team.