Christine Michael Gets First Team Snaps In Practice?

starfrombirth

Reaction score
regardless. murray is big and fast and had 1800 yards last year. he got nothing against us two weeks ago, since we stacked the line and attacked their run game. Atlanta did the same to us and stopped a running game with the same players that were gashing them in the first half.

Where did this myth generate from? Murray has never been fast from the day he reported to his first training camp in the NFL. And he has only gotten slower as he has tried to muscle up. He has constantly been run down from behind. I shake my head every time someone says fast and Murray in the same breath/sentence.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Where did this myth generate from? Murray has never been fast from the day he reported to his first training camp in the NFL. And he has only gotten slower as he has tried to muscle up. He has constantly been run down from behind. I shake my head every time someone says fast and Murray in the same breath/sentence.

It is not a myth. The myth is he was repeatedly caught from behind. He ran sub 4.4s in college and also ran on the 100m track team. He is fast. He is faster than Randle by a lot.

HanD

Reaction score
I had him rostered just because I thought he looked better than Randle in the PS and thought he might emerge, I was wrong. Just dropped him for CM. My team is pretty stout so I can afford the risk.

Agreed. I was trying to trade for him after the draft as my handcuff. After the first week and especially after the second he lost his worth since it was obvious jr would get the most carries imo.

HanD

Reaction score
It is not a myth. The myth is he was repeatedly caught from behind. He ran sub 4.4s in college and also ran on the 100m track team. He is fast. He is faster than Randle by a lot.

He was super fast his rookie year. I remember the rams game. As he tried to pack pounds for the beating he slowed down imo. He became a better grinder but lost breakaway ability. I would have liked to see him not try that water weight the night before to see if it would have helped. ..

Merlin

Reaction score

Doesn't matter how fast you are when you look for contact rather than trying to avoid it.

Zman5

Reaction score
Randle has some skills. He is like a Barry Sanders type of runner. Not saying he is as good but he is the type of runner that will get you big chunk of yards followed by several minimal to negative gains.

We need a runner that can give us positive yardage consistently. More so now that WeDone is the QB. We need to stay ahead of the chains so that we avoid facing 2nd or 3rd and long.

The main issue we had against Atlanta was we were constantly facing 2nd or 3rd and long in the second half. Our passing game right now is not good enough to convert those most of the time.

One thing Murray was good at was when there is nothing he would just put his head down and lunge forward and still get 2-3 yards. Randle has tendency to hesitate or dance when he sees nothing and gets tackled for a loss.

Let's see what CMike can do.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Randle has some skills. He is like a Barry Sanders type of runner. Not saying he is as good but he is the type of runner that will get you big chunk of yards followed by several minimal to negative gains.

We need a runner that can give us positive yardage consistently. More so now that WeDone is the QB. We need to stay ahead of the chains so that we avoid facing 2nd or 3rd and long.

The main issue we had against Atlanta was we were constantly facing 2nd or 3rd and long in the second half. Our passing game right now is not good enough to convert those most of the time.

One thing Murray was good at was when there is nothing he would just put his head down and lunge forward and still get 2-3 yards. Randle has tendency to hesitate or dance when he sees nothing and gets tackled for a loss.

Let's see what CMike can do.

Lmao :clap:

chris1995

Reaction score
Here ya go Blue!!

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said RB Christine Michael is "in the mix" to be active against New Orleans.

Michael reportedly saw more reps than usual in practice on Wednesday. It is an odd time to bump up Michael's usage considering how well Joseph Randle, Darren McFadden and Lance Dunbar played last week, but the Cowboys likely want to get something out of their investment. Michael still likely needs an injury to someone ahead of him to have any fantasy value.

Source: Jon Machota on Twitte

Give him a shot !!!

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

Actually Murray was fast. He was one of the fastest tbs when he was drafted. Truth is he lost a lot of his speed last season due to the fact that he would put on 10 lbs or so of water weight before every game. This surely can slow someone down big time. You also have to factor in how some lose more speed than others when the pads go on.

starfrombirth

Reaction score

College... say it again.. college! Have you ever seen him display that kind of speed in the NFL? No you haven't and neither have I. great he was on the track team in college but he gained 15 lbs in the NFL and lost .3 sec's off his time. Sorry but he is no longer fast.. regardless of his college numbers.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
I'd go as far as saying Michael is just as good as an athlete as Gurley. It's a matter of vision and will.

Aven8

Reaction score
Actually Murray was fast. He was one of the fastest tbs when he was drafted. Truth is he lost a lot of his speed last season due to the fact that he would put on 10 lbs or so of water weight before every game. This surely can slow someone down big time. You also have to factor in how some lose more speed than others when the pads go on.

I think Murray is still probably fast. If we were on a track he would probably be almost, or as fast as he use to be. He just changed his style in the NFL. I never really cared about his speed as he had enough, but loved his positive yards a lot!

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Murray got caught from behind because he could not sustain his speed. Was it a lack of stamina? Was he looking to hit someone? Was he slowing up because he thought he might pull a hamstring?

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Honestly who does Michael compare to in the NFL? I kinda see a little bit bigger Ray Rice or a super sized MJD.

Oh I would say he's like a stronger, bigger, more physical randle. Or like a McFadden with more physicality and vision or like a heavier Dunbar that likes to run instead of catch passes. Or like Clutts but faster, more talented, and stronger, but a little lighter. Or like a randle Williams but healthier and faster

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Oh I would say he's like a stronger, bigger, more physical randle. Or like a McFadden with more physicality and vision or like a heavier Dunbar that likes to run instead of catch passes. Or like Clutts but faster, more talented, and stronger, but a little lighter. Or like a randle Williams but healthier and faster

WHAT THE ****?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
College... say it again.. college! Have you ever seen him display that kind of speed in the NFL? No you haven't and neither have I. great he was on the track team in college but he gained 15 lbs in the NFL and lost .3 sec's off his time. Sorry but he is no longer fast.. regardless of his college numbers.

He may not have been faster, but he was better the Randle by a mile