Christine Michael Gets First Team Snaps In Practice?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Randle got 2 yards rushing on his last 11 carries Sunday, he showed he is not a power back like Murray was. If there is no hole, Randle is not going to get positive yards

That is why CM is getting a look, to see if he can bring some power back to this running game

it wasn't all randle. the OL didn't perform and atlanta stacked the line and focused on stopping the run. it wouldn't have made a difference if we had AP. even he struggles/struggled when he had to run against 9 man fronts and his OL didn't provide him enough.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
So who sits? My vote is McFadden. He is now a backup to Randal in my opinion. So let McF sit and see what difference it makes. Dunbar has emerged as a threat out of the backfield, and Randal does more than just run through the line.

If the staff sees fit to utilize RBBC, then that's what they'll do, regardless of what we think. McF has his own capabilities and one of them is to passblock better than any of the others. They all have their separate talents. It's up to the staff to use them as they think best. Let's just hope they somehow manage to do so wisely.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Let Michael start and wear down defenses and use thw other backs to close thw show. Most of Randle's notable runs last year came in the second half, with the exception of the Seattle game.

I agree. Lets see if Christine can pull an DeMarco Murray. The question is, would it be an Eagles style Murray or a Cowboys style Murray. Or something in between. Probably in between.

Merlin

Reaction score
I don't think it would have mattered. Michael is also a bit slower than the other two and not as elusive. when there is more men to block than blockers, it doesn't matter. he is not going to plow a bunch of LBs consistently.

we only used 1/3 of the field this past game and atlanta only had to defend that 1/3

Michael is faster and stronger than Randle. Not sure about McFadden but he is only fast in a straight line. Michael is the better athlete out of all RBs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
wanna bet OL whispering to each other: "finally have real RB".

Doubt they would be whispering that for an RB the Cowboys gave up a conditional 7th round pick for. It's not like we traded for Marshawn Lynch. Michael is going to have to prove himself in games.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Running well is one thing, but being able to block so whoever is at QB doesn't get dumped upside down is another.

That's what will prolong a good runners ability to start.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Michael is faster and stronger than Randle. Not sure about McFadden but he is only fast in a straight line. Michael is the better athlete out of all RBs.

Does he have the Vision and Patience Randle has? Can he catch the ball out of the backfield like Randle can?

Joseph Randle is a homerun hitter and with a lack of weapons that is what I want right now. A guy who can take it to the house.

Brooksey

Reaction score
it wasn't all randle. the OL didn't perform and atlanta stacked the line and focused on stopping the run. it wouldn't have made a difference if we had AP. even he struggles/struggled when he had to run against 9 man fronts and his OL didn't provide him enough.

Yes but his (Randle) biggest run in the first quarter was against a stacked 8 man box. When they stack the box, if the RB can make a guy miss up near the los, big plays can happen. I think the big thing is against a run defense is avoiding the negative plays. I can live with 2nd and 8 or 2nd and 9, I hate 2nd and 14, etc.

When there is no where to go, you have hit the hole and get back to the LOS or gain a few yards. Indecisive stuttering is costly.

Merlin

Reaction score
Does he have the Vision and Patience Randle has? Can he catch the ball out of the backfield like Randle can?

Joseph Randle is a homerun hitter and with a lack of weapons that is what I want right now. A guy who can take it to the house.

Randle is a JAG. Good compliment to your starter. That's it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Randle is a JAG. Good compliment to your starter. That's it.

Well I disagree.

He's a big play RB with excellent vision.

If you got a bunch of coaches who want to run at more guys than we can block every time on first down then yeah he will look like a Jag just like any RB in the league besides Peterson.

But if you give him lanes to run through he is a big play RB.

Jag my ***

Merlin

Reaction score
Well I disagree.

He's a big play RB with excellent vision.

If you got a bunch of coaches who want to run at more guys than we can block every time on first down then yeah he will look like a Jag just like any RB in the league besides Peterson.

But if you give him lanes to run through he is a big play RB.

Jag my ***

Really. I would imagine that most RBs would love to have open lanes to run through.

RunDMC

Reaction score

Patience? What patience? Randle hasn't done a good job being patient this season and it really showed itself against the Falcons. There were two plays specifically. One was 3rd and 1 and instead of just hitting the hole Randle tried to dance and got stuffed. Another Collins I believe was pulling, reciever on the outside secured a block and instead of following he cut back inside and gained only one yard.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Really. I would imagine that most RBs would love to have open lanes to run through.

That's the whole point.

You think Jamal Charles is amazing just because he shows up on game day?

You think Murray sucks this year because all of a sudden he lost talent.

Blocking matters for all RB's and a playcalling balance that doesn't let teams Tee off would be nice as well.

Daillest88

Reaction score
randle has 158 career carries. if you ask me he has shown a lot in those limited carries, he does have big play ability he has showed it numerous times.

Aven8

Reaction score
randle has 158 career carries. if you ask me he has shown a lot in those limited carries, he does have big play ability he has showed it numerous times.

You're right. And so has Dunbar. But both are still complimentary backs.

Kalyan

Reaction score
There is a relationship between RB and OL. Rb not being patient or not hitting the right holes will demolarize th OL. Id th RB is constantly meeting DL in the back field, they how can th RB be patient?

I think it is a combination of both those things that happened in last game. Our OL proved last year, Randle never proved anything so I don't trust him that much

Merlin

Reaction score
That's the whole point.

You think Jamal Charles is amazing just because he shows up on game day?

You think Murray sucks this year because all of a sudden he lost talent.

Blocking matters for all RB's and a playcalling balance that doesn't let teams Tee off would be nice as well.

Charles is an elite talent. KC's line hasn't been good yet he still produces without much of a passing game. Once Michael plays, he will take the job and not look back. End of story.