Twitter: Chunn called up from practice squad

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Does anyone really think that if Zeke signs he’s not playing week 1?
I was watching the sports shows this morning and they were saying the Cowboys would probably limit his action because he is not in football shape. That's how injuries happen. My biggest fear is they give him all that money and then he gets hurt.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Does anyone really think that if Zeke signs he’s not playing week 1?
Would he know the new playbook and scheme that Moore has installed?
I have no way of knowing, but maybe someone here does. Did they ship a playbook down to Cabo for him?
That and not passing his physical exam would be the only two ways I see him not playing.

Rayman70

Reaction score
ITS always about the dollars,period. Otherwise, he would be here I think. SOME of it may be the language though.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
I will buy the other way, but that's pretty hard to quantify and that's why it was used as the backup plan.
In general, defenses stack the box in reaction to the number of players in the offensive box, no matter who the RB is. The Rams' opponents hardly ever had 8+ in the box because Gurley didn't usually run from obvious run formations. That didn't mean those defenses didn't respect Gurley.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I was watching the sports shows this morning and they were saying the Cowboys would probably limit his action because he is not in football shape. That's how injuries happen. My biggest fear is they give him all that money and then he gets hurt.

He’s a Runningback so odds are he will get hurt.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
RB % of total looks (carries + targets), 2018
Chiefs 41.5
Cowboys 48.7
Seahawks 57.4

RB % of total yards
Chiefs 32.8
Cowboys 37.9
Seahawks 43.3

Dallas was far from either extreme.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
No team in the NFL thinks they are done when their tailbacks are out of the game.

It’s a passing league and if Dak passes well we will win and if he doesn’t we will lose and that is with or without Zeke.

Our offense is heavily built around the running game, controlling the clock, etc. Maybe we can win if the running game is ineffective, doesn't draw extra attention, etc., but I need to see it to believe it.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
No team in the NFL thinks they are done when their tailbacks are out of the game.

It’s a passing league and if Dak passes well we will win and if he doesn’t we will lose and that is with or without Zeke.
It might be a passing league but we are set up as a running team. It was different when we had a QB like Romo. Dak's going to have his chance to prove who he is this year. The only good thing to come out of Zeke missing games is we will know what we have at QB.

Reactions: BAT