Clabo signs with Dolphins

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;5077849 said:
Uhhhh no sir/ma'am... You said he had bad knees...

It's still early and everybody just got done low balling Clabo (The better,) Winston is up...:dolphins: :holmes:

Trying to find them....I know I have read it here and also on the Ranch that teams are not sure about his knees.

There was a posting that many within our organization don't see Winston as an upgrade over what we have.

Even without articles saying it....Winston has been cut twice in the last two years despite not missing any games....and with cap hits both times to the teams that let him go. He has been a free agent for months and has been tied to about 15 different teams. There have been articles posted where he acknowledges that the money isn't out there and he is willing to work for what would be a salary below what you would expect for a guy with his resume. Despite this, NOBODY has signed him. Even teams with lots of cap space. WHY? There has to be some reason.

There have been articles about his knees. I can't find them at the moment. Maybe it was on a rumors page.

But I did in fact so despite the fact he hasn't missed any games....and tons of teams having a need, that no one has signed him and his demands certainly aren't outrageous. $3m for a starting Tackle is below average. So again, why hasn't anyone signed him despite the fact he has had talks with just about half the teams in the league. He has visited with or talked to Raiders, Eagles, Chargers, Dolphins, Jaguars, Cowboys and several others.

KB1122

Reaction score
At some point, at some position, an unexpected young player is going to have to step up and solidify a weak spot. You can't go out and buy everything. So it needs to be Parnell.

Hardline

Reaction score
All the Clabo and any other tackles talk is for one reason and one reason only.as leverage in the Doug Free nagocitions . Jerry Jones has no intentions to sign any other tackle that's out there.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Would I prefer an upgrade at RT? Sure

However, I have not given up on Free, Parnell, or one of the other young tackles currently on our roster surprising us with a solid year.

Let's face it, both Tyron Smith and Doug Free took a step backwards last year when they changed sides. While we aren't all that worried about Smith, he definitely did not deliver on his draft status and contract in his first year on the left side, and he needs to be much more than just an average starter at LT.

We need a backup plan, and we may find that we need to address RT in next year's draft, but there is also a chance that Free has a much better camp and season at RT this year.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
By the way, it was Sturminator that said many don't see Winston as an upgrade. The guy is hardly a hater...he is one of the more level headed, analytical reporters out there. He doesn't let emotions play into his reporting.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Fla Cowpoke;5077868 said:
By the way, it was Sturminator that said many don't see Winston as an upgrade. The guy is hardly a hater...he is one of the more level headed, analytical reporters out there. He doesn't let emotions play into his reporting.
I think Broaddus said it first and Sturm has piped in also. I think they have discussed it.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Fla Cowpoke;5077868 said:

Winston had just as many sacks allowed as Clabo last year, and less QB hits and pressures allowed.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;5077849 said:
It's still early and everybody just got done low balling Clabo (The better,) Winston is up...

Fla Cowpoke;5077863 said:
So again, why hasn't anyone signed him despite the fact he has had talks with just about half the teams in the league. He has visited with or talked to Raiders, Eagles, Chargers, Dolphins, Jaguars, Cowboys and several others.

He won't last too much longer now that he's the best option left...:shatfan:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fla Cowpoke;5077863 said:
Trying to find them....I know I have read it here and also on the Ranch that teams are not sure about his knees.

There was a posting that many within our organization don't see Winston as an upgrade over what we have.

Even without articles saying it....Winston has been cut twice in the last two years despite not missing any games....and with cap hits both times to the teams that let him go. He has been a free agent for months and has been tied to about 15 different teams. There have been articles posted where he acknowledges that the money isn't out there and he is willing to work for what would be a salary below what you would expect for a guy with his resume. Despite this, NOBODY has signed him. Even teams with lots of cap space. WHY? There has to be some reason.

There have been articles about his knees. I can't find them at the moment. Maybe it was on a rumors page.

But I did in fact so despite the fact he hasn't missed any games....and tons of teams having a need, that no one has signed him and his demands certainly aren't outrageous. $3m for a starting Tackle is below average. So again, why hasn't anyone signed him despite the fact he has had talks with just about half the teams in the league. He has visited with or talked to Raiders, Eagles, Chargers, Dolphins, Jaguars, Cowboys and several others.

Why didn't anyone sign Brian Waters before he had a Pro Bowl season in New England?

You should 'follow the crowd' yet expect better results than that same crowd?

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
stasheroo;5077878 said:
Why didn't anyone sign Brian Waters before he had a Pro Bowl season in New England?

You should 'follow the crowd' yet expect better results than that same crowd?

Ha, considering he sat at all last year, the fact that you have to use him as your example is pretty telling.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
TheRomoSexual;5077880 said:
Ha, considering he sat at all last year, the fact that you have to use him as your example is pretty telling.

How is it a bad example? He was available, no team jumped on him either, and then the Pats eventually signed him and he turned out to be a Pro Bowl talent for them.

What part of the example didn't you understand?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Kristen82;5077875 said:
What about Max Starks?

Too old and not very good.

He was never anything special even in his "prime".

JMO

Would rather go with Parnell (a career backup) than Starks.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;5077876 said:
He won't last too much longer now that he's the best option left...:shatfan:
For whatever reason, maybe they don't see him as the best option. I get the argument if you base it just on stats or production, but there's got to be some reason he keeps getting let go, and nobody's rushed to sign him this week.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;5077883 said:
How is it a bad example? He was available, no team jumped on him either, and then the Pats eventually signed him and he turned out to be a Pro Bowl talent for them.

He obviously had some issues that turned teams off, and those concerned ended up being warranted.

I would bet the same applies to Winston. The public isn't privy to the information that teams have.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheRomoSexual;5077880 said:

What part of it in inaccurate?

Oh, that's right, none of it.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Picksix;5077886 said:
For whatever reason, maybe they don't see him as the best option. I get the argument if you base it just on stats or production, but there's got to be some reason he keeps getting let go, and nobody's rushed to sign him this week.

I honestly think he must have some kind of nagging injury.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RoyTheHammer;5077883 said:

The part that blew his attempted point to this:

:shatfan:

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
stasheroo;5077894 said:
The part that blew his attempted point to this:

:shatfan:

Fail all around. Stick to criticizing players without actually knowing their names.