Clabo signs with Dolphins

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheRomoSexual;5077889 said:
He obviously had some issues that turned teams off, and those concerned ended up being warranted.

I would bet the same applies to Winston. The public isn't privy to the information that teams have.

Yeah.

Great info that Waters proved to be completely wrong.

But that's like most of the information the Cowboys have as it pertains to the offensive line.

Wrong.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;5077891 said:
I honestly think he must have some kind of nagging injury.

Well, there has been talk about his knees. If there is an issue, seems like they keep these things quiet. Or maybe he's not a good locker room guy. Could be any number of things that we're not privy to. I agree that he'd be an upgrade over Free just based on his stats, but I also gotta believe that the teams know these guys better than we do.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheRomoSexual;5077896 said:
Fail all around. Stick to criticizing players without actually knowing their names.

And you continue to try to make excuses for mediocrity.

:laugh2:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stasheroo;5077827 said:
And yet you'll make excuses for status quo?

Trying to have it both ways?

I guess you slept through the first round of the draft.

I'll have to get you an alarm clock.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
stasheroo;5077899 said:
Yeah.

Great info that Waters proved to be completely wrong.

But that's like most of the information the Cowboys have as it pertains to the offensive line.

Wrong.

Nope. I'm sure teams had information that Waters is a headcase, and that information proved to be accurate.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;5077873 said:
Winston had just as many sacks allowed as Clabo last year, and less QB hits and pressures allowed.

Considering that the Chiefs ran the ball so much and the Falcons conversely threw the ball so much that shouldn't be a surprise.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Picksix;5077901 said:
Well, there has been talk about his knees. If there is an issue, seems like they keep these things quiet. Or maybe he's not a good locker room guy. Could be any number of things that we're not privy to. I agree that he'd be an upgrade over Free just based on his stats, but I also gotta believe that the teams know these guys better than we do.

This team?

With their track record for failure?

Why do they get any benefit of the doubt?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheRomoSexual;5077905 said:
Nope. I'm sure teams had information that Waters is a headcase, and that information proved to be accurate.

How so?

(This should be good...)

BigD_95

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;5077676 said:
You would think, but I wouldn't surprise me one bit if they came out and say that Fredrick is not ready and Costa beat him out..... Remember Costa beat out Gurode too!!!!!

this is true.... its not like 3rd rd picks before didnt start ... oh wait we drafted him rd 1 but he should have been rd 3

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheRomoSexual;5077910 said:
Um, the fact that he refused to play for a season without good reason?

The 'good reason' was because he felt he outplayed his contract (which he did) and playing another year at that price wasn't worth it.

Good for him.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
stasheroo;5077914 said:
The 'good reason' was because he felt he outplayed his contract (which he did) and playing another year at that price wasn't worth it.

Good for him.

Yes, that huge contract he's landed after refusing to play a season has totally invalidated the absurdity of that decision.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
stasheroo;5077914 said:

Good for him.

Honestly, im not a fan of players doing that. Not good for him. You signed an agreement, man up and play it out, and then make sure next time you ask for more money if you play like you're worth it.

If he played like crap, you think he'd have accepted the team telling him he should play for less?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheRomoSexual;5077917 said:
Yes, that huge contract he's landed after refusing to play a season has totally invalidated the absurdity of that decision.

He wasn't beholden to the NFL and could afford to walk away.

Hardly makes him a headcase, despite your weak attempts.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
stasheroo;5077920 said:
He wasn't beholden to the NFL and could afford to walk away.

Hardly makes him a headcase, despite your weak attempts.

Aw, so he got paid, and then decided to hold a team hostage because he could.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RoyTheHammer;5077919 said:
Honestly, im not a fan of players doing that. Not good for him. You signed an agreement, man up and play it out, and then make sure next time you ask for more money if you play like you're worth it.

If he played like crap, you think he'd have accepted the team telling him he should play for less?

No.

The team would have cut him.

The other side of he coin.

It works both ways.

He reached a point where the rigors of an NFL season wasn't worth it and he walked away.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheRomoSexual;5077921 said:
Aw, so he got paid, and then decided to hold a team hostage because he could.

And teams always honor their end of contracts?

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
stasheroo;5077923 said:
And teams always honor their end of contracts?

Teams have to either pay a player or cut that player, the latter of which affords a player the opportunity to find another team. What Waters did was akin to a team refusing to cut a player AND refusing also to pay that player.