CNN: It will be more confusing than ever to watch an NFL game this season

dogberry

Reaction score
Does every game has to be available free in the home market?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not more viewing options, it's dispersing games over more platforms.

The issue is now you can't just carry one platform (like direct tv) and be guaranteed to get every game - you have to have multiple platforms to ensure you have full coverage...hence the issue
If u carry YouTube TV what can't u reach?

Jipper

Reaction score
If u carry YouTube TV what can't u reach?
Anything local is blacked out, have to carry cable or stream …I ended up getting spectrum to stream when in the past I could just have all on direct tv either with the ticket or local channels.

As it moves to other streaming services for individual games you will have to carry those too if outside of the market

ksadler1

Reaction score
It's not more viewing options, it's dispersing games over more platforms.

The issue is now you can't just carry one platform (like direct tv) and be guaranteed to get every game - you have to have multiple platforms to ensure you have full coverage...hence the issue
I already pay too much for my cable and internet. We get most Cowboys games here in NM, but if l have to pay to see any of them l guess I'll miss those. The NFL is getting too greedy...

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Dofu Sports App works good and my loaded Firestick has an NFL channel that has every game, every week. I paid $150 for it, which includes programming for one year.

Jipper

Reaction score
I already pay too much for my cable and internet. We get most Cowboys games here in NM, but if l have to pay to see any of them l guess I'll miss those. The NFL is getting too greedy...
yup i agree 100 percent....its really turning me off too. I was very close to just saying the heck with it and not getting sunday ticket but ended up doing the verizon gaming thing (50 per month for home internet, free sunday ticket, cancel in feb, reduced cost 300 bucks for the season)

erod

Reaction score
CNN more acutely knows the issue. Their ratings are a teeny, tiny fraction of what they used to be, which is why they're firing almost everybody over there.

A huge percentage of the sub-40 crowd doesn't have any cable TV service. They don't watch regular TV hardly ever.

The NFL is basically the only thing keeping TV service providers in business. It's getting increasingly expensive because the customer bases are shrinking rapidly as older people are dying.

My parents haven't had Fox for over a year because of a negotiating dispute with their local cable company. They have to get Cowboys games with an antenna now.

Other areas are having similar disputes with CBS, NBC, or Disney (ABC) and their associated channels. Nothing's budging.

The networks, Hollywood, the NFL, etc, are truly miffed about where this is headed. Everything is about to change.

That writers strike in Hollywood isn't even in negotiations really. The big production companies don't seem to care. The NFL certainly wants to ride itself of network business uncertainties.

Weird times.

ksadler1

Reaction score
CNN more acutely knows the issue. Their ratings are a teeny, tiny fraction of what they used to be, which is why they're firing almost everybody over there.

A huge percentage of the sub-40 crowd doesn't have any cable TV service. They don't watch regular TV hardly ever.

The NFL is basically the only thing keeping TV service providers in business. It's getting increasingly expensive because the customer bases are shrinking rapidly as older people are dying.

My parents haven't had Fox for over a year because of a negotiating dispute with their local cable company. They have to get Cowboys games with an antenna now.

Other areas are having similar disputes with CBS, NBC, or Disney (ABC) and their associated channels. Nothing's budging.

The networks, Hollywood, the NFL, etc, are truly miffed about where this is headed. Everything is about to change.

That writers strike in Hollywood isn't even in negotiations really. The big production companies don't seem to care. The NFL certainly wants to ride itself of network business uncertainties.

Weird times.
Everything is just becoming inconvenient. When it becomes too inconvenient, I'll just shut it down. I got to witness all the past Cowboys superbowls during the simple times. If l miss the more "technical" future times, so be it. To me, the NFL just isn't the NFL anymore. I'll survive without it if it comes to that...

NeathBlue

Reaction score
Just curious, can you scream local Fox or CBS station on Firestick to see any games, especially their away games?
Yes you can… The IPTV I have had 534 local channels listed for the USA, 42 of which are in Texas alone.
So you’ll normally get around 8 local stations carrying the Cowboys games in just the Texas section, plus you’ll get more in the Oklahoma, New Mexico etc and also the region that the Cowboys are playing… You’ll easily find a dozen channels carrying the game.
For network channels, there’s 169 listed… You get both an east (New York) and west (Los Angeles) broadcast of ABC, CBS, CW, FOX and NBC.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Everything is just becoming inconvenient. When it becomes too inconvenient, I'll just shut it down. I got to witness all the past Cowboys superbowls during the simple times. If l miss the more "technical" future times, so be it. To me, the NFL just isn't the NFL anymore. I'll survive without it if it comes to that...
its not inconvenient for the people that is the future of NFL viewing. The NFL knows this and it is the reason they are starting to transition. Things dont happen decades to change, Netflix started mailing movies and that was the end of blockbuster. Music downloads started and in a matter of years the entire music industry was turned upside down.
Cables going from your wall into the back of your Tv wont exist in a decade after an older generation is fading away. You cant stop it from happening.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
NFL is trying the best , to shut it down
They havne't done it yet. I've been able to watch it every time.. and there's only a delay of like 2 plays.

The other option is a free one-week trial on Fubo.. You can use a different email address with the same card every time. As long as you remember to cancel it, you can watch for free.

I bought FUbo last year. And I have to say, it kinda sucks. But it works.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
oh noooooo......me so confused, all this technology, channels and internet thing. ; :banghead: dammm that reminds me, need to get my VCR fixed so i can keep watching my Dallas Cowboys SB champs videos. How time flys.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They havne't done it yet. I've been able to watch it every time.. and there's only a delay of like 2 plays.

The other option is a free one-week trial on Fubo.. You can use a different email address with the same card every time. As long as you remember to cancel it, you can watch for free.

Are use different emails. Didn’t know I could use the same card.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I went from crackstreams to meth streams to stream east. I’m just paying for Sunday ticket this season and the heck with it. Enjoy the season my cowboy brother.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They can try but if the do many will pop up
There are many many streamers ( private)no ads and HD
He’s the one that’s overseas that’s hurting them. They can shut that down because terrorism act

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CNN?
What is this, 2015?

VPN + NFL Game Pass International user since 2010.

mrmojo

Reaction score
I noticed las year, some individuals were showing the game live on Tik Tok....dont know how they were doing it but it never got shut down.