Coaching Matters and a Super star QB. See KC

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak didn't fold either.
He passed for 300 yards in that 2nd half.

Dallas defense and ST never even woke up. The defense allowed 6 TD in 7 drives.
A QB isn't overcoming that.
Pat is the GOAT and he wasn't near that production.

You guys seem incapable of seeing the painfully obvious.
I am the world biggest Mahomes fan and was BEFORE he was drafted.
I mocked every single person who believed Baker was better.
But he had at least 4 really poor throws in that SB. It was an AWFUL first half for him.
And his team fought and kept it tight and let him find the way through that tough defense.

The Cowboys defense only had 1 pass defensed and 1 tackle for loss the entire game.
The offense consistently started in awful field position and could never run the ball.
Dak gave you 45 yards rushing and 403 yards passing.
It was largely junk yardage because the defense allowed a TD every drive.
Not a FG or just yards but an actual TD.
No....im fully capable....of seeing the truth. You?

My hommes was indeed down....but did he gift the 9ers a free mindless td? Or yet another easy try?

And you think throwing for 300 when the other team essentially quits playing is the same as driving the team down in overtime super bowl?

You have to be just pulling my leg now.

Edit: confused why my comment is awaiting moderation.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Also helps when you're part of the fake relationship to gain a ton of money, fans and attention. No way they were gonna let the chiefs lose the sb

:laugh:

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Right, so you're trying to compare Prescott to mahomes, that's what you're trying to do,

maybe you ought to say this there's one mahomes who's paired with one great coaching staff and there are 31 teams to slice up the rest of it there are not blueprints to find this kind of match... it's transcendent, it happens very rarely in sports that you can find both on the same team at the same time....

So anybody here thinking you could just go recreate a coaching staff and go find them homes and we gave it all fixed here with the Dallas Cowboys you all are so delusional you don't even know what you're watching you're watching rarity you're watching rarefied air with 2 elite forces crashing together like a meteorite... It's just one of those things you're not going to find a blueprint you have to be lucky sometimes there's no way when they pick Patrick Mahomes they knew this was gonna happen it just did happen... I mean how about all the teams that passed up on Patrick mahomes didn't trade up to get him let him slip down to 13 or wherever the hell he slipped down to nobody knew he was gonna turn into this..

But you gotta credit the coaching staff once they saw what they had in him doing everything they had possible to make sure they created a situation to make Patrick mahomes the most successful you can be......

31 other teams and all their starting quarterbacks finished last in the NFL the Patrick mahomes once again.... I mean is anybody stealing Patrick mahomes DNA and already trying to create him in a laboratory maybe they can grow another one of him and say six years with the right DNA I mean can they turn a sheep into Patrick mahomes I don't know but there is no blueprint to doing this it just happens just like Bill Belichick and Tom Brady was also an accident I mean you don't pick a guy in the sixth round and then it turned into this....​
No I was talking about how good Mahomes is at extending plays and throwing ball away when he needs to.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No I was talking about how good Mahomes is at extending plays and throwing ball away when he needs to.
If that's all there was to it I don't think you need to point that out he's good at everything he's elite he's the only truly elite quarterback in the NFL right now there's him and then there's a gap we already know he does all that stuff well I believe I know what your intentions were you can't hide between the lines we know what you meant the guy thinks on his feet he could do everything well throw it run it situational football doesn't feel the pressure wants to be in a situation where he's the hero and he gets the job done... He's a transcendent talent match with a transcendent coaching staff you don't find that very often we all know it it's kind of obvious that we don't need to point out a couple of his great things

we know why you pointed it out.

If it were that easy all 32 teams would have quarterbacks that could do that and do it well and do it under pressure...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Pat never even played football til his sophomore year of High School.
He was a baseball player who never learned the position at all until college.
He was great as a senior but still a 3-star recruit who committed to Tech because he wanted to play baseball first and football second.
Then Kliff saw his raw talent and promoted him to starting QB as a true freshman.
I saw him lose tooooooo many games 52-48 it was sad.
He rocked Baylor in a loss that first start but that was so impressive it scared off a recruit who is a back up in the NFL right now.
NFL scouts sounded like Cowboys derpy fans blaming him for those losses. Saying he tried to do too much and made mistakes --as if the guy had any choice.
Scouts had him listed as a round 2 talent.

And instead of being mad at Tech Pat is blood oath loyal.
10 toes down a Red Raider.

But the arm angles and improvisation may never be found again. He knew nothing but needing to score a TD every series like it was 6-man football.
It wasn't lab built and it wasn't JUST DNA, it was the perfect storm.
Well as much as I appreciate the rundown I pretty much know his history I'm a Longhorn I know Texas Tech This is why when Andy Reed traded up in the draft for him people thought there was going to be another Mitch Trubisky mistake or whatever nobody including the Kansas City Chiefs or Andy Reed knew this was gonna happen....

Sometimes you have to be lucky with some of this like Tom Brady with Bill Belichick and whatnot the matchups are very hard to find when you find a transcendent coach and quarterback at the same time both seemingly hitting their elite years..

Andy Reid right now reminds me of that old NBA coach Phil Jackson just seems to be so mentally on the same wavelength like unspoken nonverbal connection with this quarterback....

StuckMojo

Reaction score
If that's all there was to it I don't think you need to point that out he's good at everything he's elite he's the only truly elite quarterback in the NFL right now there's him and then there's a gap we already know he does all that stuff well I believe I know what your intentions were you can't hide between the lines we know what you meant the guy thinks on his feet he could do everything well throw it run it situational football doesn't feel the pressure wants to be in a situation where he's the hero and he gets the job done... He's a transcendent talent match with a transcendent coaching staff you don't find that very often we all know it it's kind of obvious that we don't need to point out a couple of his great things

we know why you pointed it out.

If it were that easy all 32 teams would have quarterbacks that could do that and do it well and do it under pressure...
All I did was brag on Mahomes, sorry it got under your thin skin

1942willys

Reaction score
Dak didn't fold either.
He passed for 300 yards in that 2nd half.

Dallas defense and ST never even woke up. The defense allowed 6 TD in 7 drives.
A QB isn't overcoming that.
Pat is the GOAT and he wasn't near that production.

You guys seem incapable of seeing the painfully obvious.
I am the world biggest Mahomes fan and was BEFORE he was drafted.
I mocked every single person who believed Baker was better.
But he had at least 4 really poor throws in that SB. It was an AWFUL first half for him.
And his team fought and kept it tight and let him find the way through that tough defense.

The Cowboys defense only had 1 pass defensed and 1 tackle for loss the entire game.
The offense consistently started in awful field position and could never run the ball.
Dak gave you 45 yards rushing and 403 yards passing.
Dak got his yards in garbage time; anyone claiming otherwise is a football fool

blueblood70

Reaction score
2000 Ravens. Quick now, who were their wide receivers that year?

Didn't have a clue, so to save everybody some work, they were:
Any HOF guys there? Shannon Sharpe, a tight end, was their leading receiver, and even he had only 810 yards and 5 tds.

Of course, they had an all-time top defense. Just noting there's more than one way to win SBs...
Exactly that defense gave up under 12 points a game for the entire year including the playoffs a lot of times if their offense could score 10 points they could win a damn game yeah but Dan Quinn somehow is being let off the hook of how bad his defense really was they're blaming you on our offense for not establishing dominance early enough in games giving them a big league you know coddling the defense blamed the quarterback....

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
No....im fully capable....of seeing the truth. You?

My hommes was indeed down....but did he gift the 9ers a free mindless td? Or yet another easy try?

And you think throwing for 300 when the other team essentially quits playing is the same as driving the team down in overtime super bowl?

You have to be just pulling my leg now.

Edit: confused why my comment is awaiting moderation.

The Chiefs defense allowed 16 point in regulation. 16. With a fumble and INT by their own offense they still kept it to 10 points.
The Cowboys defense allowed 42 points over 7 drives.

Pat had a pick, an intentional grounding and 2 other passes that came off defenders' hands in that first half.
It was very, very bad with Romo taking shots at him.
The Chiefs defense and ST hung in there.
KC's first 3 offensive drives totaled 12 plays, 0 points.
By the 4th drive for Dak the GB game was over.
Defense couldn't stop a cold.
These 2 things are not remotely the same.
One team has a SB defense the other did not.

If you want to go back and compare this to the Dallas home loss to SF in the playoffs? That would make a lot more sense.
Dak wasn't good enough with game mgmt and 1 more play needed where Pat always seems to be.

Pat IS better than Dak. Better than ALL other QB
But the gulf is nowhere near the gulf between that Chiefs defense and what Dallas put on the field in the playoffs.
Which is why Dallas will work something out with Dak, make a small tweak or two the offense but essentially run it back and all the while they are going to overhaul this defense.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well as much as I appreciate the rundown I pretty much know his history I'm a Longhorn I know Texas Tech This is why when Andy Reed traded up in the draft for him people thought there was going to be another Mitch Trubisky mistake or whatever nobody including the Kansas City Chiefs or Andy Reed knew this was gonna happen....

Sometimes you have to be lucky with some of this like Tom Brady with Bill Belichick and whatnot the matchups are very hard to find when you find a transcendent coach and quarterback at the same time both seemingly hitting their elite years..

Andy Reid right now reminds me of that old NBA coach Phil Jackson just seems to be so mentally on the same wavelength like unspoken nonverbal connection with this quarterback....
Sometimes you have to just try it first. Risk precedes luck. Sometimes it works and sometimes not.
NOT doing it assures you of not.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Chiefs and 49ers both showed that extra gear you need to win in the playoffs. The Cowboys have never shown that, on offense or defense. It is that ingredient that is missing in Dallas.

kskboys

Reaction score
The Chiefs defense allowed 16 point in regulation. 16. With a fumble and INT by their own offense they still kept it to 10 points.

Pat had a pick, an intentional grounding and 2 other passes that came off defenders' hands in that first half.

If you want to go back and compare this to the Dallas home loss to SF in the playoffs? That would make a lot more sense.
Dak wasn't good enough with game mgmt and 1 more play needed where Pat always seems to be.

But the gulf is nowhere near the gulf between that Chiefs defense and what Dallas put on the field in the playoffs.
Which is why Dallas will work something out with Dak, make a small tweak or two the offense but essentially run it back and all the while they are going to overhaul this defense.
Chiefs allowed 15.8 PPG in the playoffs vs teams that averaged 28.3 during the regular season.

Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL and looking like the GOAT.

No other QB in the NFL wins the game yesterday.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Exactly why do they keep talking about the two early interceptions which by the way could be debated whether that was Prescott's fault or whether it was cooks being interfered with and lamb running the wrong route as far as where Prescott thought he was gonna be but that's a whole nother story but I see games all the time where they're defense is bow up and they're good enough to help stop the bleeding until the offense is catch up and last night was a perfect example of low scoring first half those quarterbacks were doing nothing those offenses were being shut down by great defenses and it slowly scratched their way toward the offensive started being functional ohh defense was never like that not once this year or in the playoffs have they done that...

This was a perfect example of it but let's just remember I've seen Troy Aikman throw interceptions in Super Bowls I've seen them be behind at halftime struggle in the defense got them back in the game... And how about just having a good run game you don't have to have a great running back but you can develop and scheme a great run game that's good enough and that you stick to it with great defense it gives your offense time to catch up... I literally watched Matthew Stafford lead the league in interceptions throw 2 interceptions in a Super Bowl and still they won the game I've literally saw Tom Brady throw 3 interceptions in an NFC championship game and his defense bail him out since when does Dan Quinn's defenses or let's just go all the way back to 2016 when is the Cowboys defense bailed out the offense even if we could admit the offense has been average and even bad at times it looked a whole lot like last night you seen teams make some mistakes you seen me scoring kept to a minimum and it was one of those battles like you see it heavyweight they know it's 12 rounds the beginning of the games they just are feeling each other out trying to expose the game plans and figuring out a way but you can't do that when your defense gives up seven points right out the gate and then proceeds to give up touchdowns all the way to the end of the game...​
For sure I'm not letting our offense off the hook but you gotta look at game plans coaching one-dimensional football situational football and our defense literally have been more of the problem in the playoffs than anything else...​
We have not had a championship defense in quite a while and we also haven't had a strong run game in the playoffs these are things Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach had every single time they stepped into a big game they can count on those two things they did not need to be the hero they did not need to feel the pressure or forcing things and yet they still made mistakes and yet they still won championships..​
Our team seems to have made our fan base think that we have to play perfect on offense and our quarterbacks need to be Superman and played great from start to finish flawless football never punt scoring every drive make up excuses for our defense and literally show me the defense in the run game isn't that the two things in the trenches that wins championships...

Show me dak Prescott's teams that came into a big game you know the ones we can't get past in the playoffs and show me where he had a strong run game a consistent run game with the offensive line at least playing up to par they don't need to be playing great and show me that great defense show me the games where that all came together??

I'm not gonna wait because you're not gonna find it almost all these losses in the playoffs have the same stink on them at some point all three phases have failed and then you have the fourth phase coaching game plans and adjustments have failed and yet we sit and talk about the quarterback it isn't just the quarterback like Bob said in his post you can win with a good quarterback he does not have to be Patrick mahomes but it sure is nice when you're on a team that plays solid football in all three phases it has each other's back and a coaching staff that can make adjustments....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Reading compression challenges I see...

Yeah I don't care what happened in the second-half or the yardage or them playing catch up what mattered is the defense right from the start was quite obvious to everyone on the field that there's gonna be a long day and put the pressure on the offense to score on every drive or lose we were gonna lose by 10 points no matter how well or bad the offense played we were gonna lose this game because the defense couldn't make a stop no matter the situation first drive three straight drives out of the half they've never made a challenge enough to let the offense catch up like we saw the 49ers in the championship game against the lions we saw that from their defense you have to make consistent stops when your offense is struggling we saw it last night from Patrick mahomes team they did not play perfect in the first half there was limited scoring there was mistakes all over the field and yet the defenses from both teams kept this close all game it kept it to a point where one phase didn't feel the pressure they have to do it all and force it..

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

Chiefs knew draft night they had taken a guy with the highest ceiling of the last decade.
They said exactly that in post draft interviews.
They had a good QB in Alex Smith but traded up anyway because he blew them away on the blackboard.
Everyone saw the 50-yard throws but Reid saw the football IQ.
But of course, no one can be sure you hit the best player of the generation.

No other QB had come out of an Air Raid and lit it up like that so teams/scouts were scared but Reid tested him hardcore on offensive concepts and he passed with flying colors.
This is largely because Kliff ran the Patriots 2-minute offense as his base set. It was spread but had NFL nomenclature.
You can go back and find my pre/post-draft comments in these archives on this board. --I said I'd extend Dak unless you can draft Pat Mahomes. Dallas did neither (tagging Dak) and here we are.

I post on Tech boards 2-3 times more than here. I played for the Tech and am very invested there.
I don't just casually know some of the stories. I know Pat had a 30-point 20 rebound HS basketball game at Whitehouse with Kliff in the stands.
I know he was discovered by an Aggies East Texas scout who gave the film to Kliff before he left for Tech.

I saw every game of his entire college career.
I was at Baker's first collegiate start in person.

kskboys

Reaction score
Exactly why do they keep talking about the two early interceptions which by the way could be debated whether that was Prescott's fault or whether it was cooks being interfered with and lamb running the wrong route as far as where Prescott thought he was gonna be but that's a whole nother story but I see games all the time where they're defense is bow up and they're good enough to help stop the bleeding until the offense is catch up and last night was a perfect example of low scoring first half those quarterbacks were doing nothing those offenses were being shut down by great defenses and it slowly scratched their way toward the offensive started being functional ohh defense was never like that not once this year or in the playoffs have they done that...

This was a perfect example of it but let's just remember I've seen Troy Aikman throw interceptions in Super Bowls I've seen them be behind at halftime struggle in the defense got them back in the game... And how about just having a good run game you don't have to have a great running back but you can develop and scheme a great run game that's good enough and that you stick to it with great defense it gives your offense time to catch up... I literally watched Matthew Stafford lead the league in interceptions throw 2 interceptions in a Super Bowl and still they won the game I've literally saw Tom Brady throw 3 interceptions in an NFC championship game and his defense bail him out since when does Dan Quinn's defenses or let's just go all the way back to 2016 when is the Cowboys defense bailed out the offense even if we could admit the offense has been average and even bad at times it looked a whole lot like last night you seen teams make some mistakes you seen me scoring kept to a minimum and it was one of those battles like you see it heavyweight they know it's 12 rounds the beginning of the games they just are feeling each other out trying to expose the game plans and figuring out a way but you can't do that when your defense gives up seven points right out the gate and then proceeds to give up touchdowns all the way to the end of the game...​
For sure I'm not letting our offense off the hook but you gotta look at game plans coaching one-dimensional football situational football and our defense literally have been more of the problem in the playoffs than anything else...​
We have not had a championship defense in quite a while and we also haven't had a strong run game in the playoffs these are things Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach had every single time they stepped into a big game they can count on those two things they did not need to be the hero they did not need to feel the pressure or forcing things and yet they still made mistakes and yet they still won championships..​
Our team seems to have made our fan base think that we have to play perfect on offense and our quarterbacks need to be Superman and played great from start to finish flawless football never punt scoring every drive make up excuses for our defense and literally show me the defense in the run game isn't that the two things in the trenches that wins championships...

Show me dak Prescott's teams that came into a big game you know the ones we can't get past in the playoffs and show me where he had a strong run game a consistent run game with the offensive line at least playing up to par they don't need to be playing great and show me that great defense show me the games where that all came together??

I'm not gonna wait because you're not gonna find it almost all these losses in the playoffs have the same stink on them at some point all three phases have failed and then you have the fourth phase coaching game plans and adjustments have failed and yet we sit and talk about the quarterback it isn't just the quarterback like Bob said in his post you can win with a good quarterback he does not have to be Patrick mahomes but it sure is nice when you're on a team that plays solid football in all three phases it has each other's back and a coaching staff that can make adjustments....
IDK, why do we keep talking about Dak in non-Dak threads?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Without the coaching Mahomes doesn't see any of those superbowls either.

I think "team" had a little bit to do with it
Any quality coach could win a SB with Mahomes. Andy Reid is a great coach but he was fired in Philly because the wins weren’t coming due to his QB situation. His last two seasons in Philly he was 8-8 and 4-12.