Coaching Matters and a Super star QB. See KC

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
KC has great coaching but they don’t see any of these Super Bowls without Mahomes. He’s the biggest difference maker at the QB position in decades. He completely took over the game in the second half.
Without the coaching Mahomes doesn't see any of those superbowls either.

I think "team" had a little bit to do with it

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Its not luck if you make the move intentionally. And put all other pieces in place. That takes guts and work.

The notion that we shouldnt move on....not even try...from dak is the opposite of what the chiefs did.
it means they did the first step correctly. they evaluated their QB and decided they needed to search for an improvement. it all hinged on making that one critical decision.

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
Its not luck if you make the move intentionally. And put all other pieces in place. That takes guts and work.

The notion that we shouldnt move on....not even try...from dak is the opposite of what the chiefs did.
Good morning, Steven. I don't know where you got the notion we shouldn't move on from Dak from. But we need some luck in the draft if we want a qb like Mahomes.

Drafting is automatic, every team does it. Will the player you draft turn into a generational star who will change the trajectory of your franchise for the better? That is the unknown and that is where luck comes into play. We had that luck in the 90s, hopefully we can get lucky again.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Among the problems the Jones clan has….they fully believe they can talk things into existence.

What’s easier? Try to convince yourself and everyone else that your QB is great or actually find a great QB?

Desperado

Reaction score
The fight in both teams last night was something I haven’t seen around here in a long time. They weren’t tired from getting punched, they were tired from throwing so many haymakers. No quitters out there. If a player made a bad play, his team rallied around him to get him back in the fight. Injured guys were forcing themselves back into the game. I was impressed with how prepared they both were to get in a defensive battle and stand up to it.

Brax

Reaction score
Dak would have crapped his pants in Overtime. No contest here. And with all that talk from CD and Micah lately... heck we aren't a DC away. We are light-years away from anything close to success (12 win regular seasons haha). But that's mindset (coaching, culture) before anything else. QB next, then defense.
You honestly believe Dak would of got to OT, he would of crapped his pants in the first quarter.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Of course you can never down play Mahome’s importance to the Chiefs. That would be stupid! BUT coaching matters AND the Chiefs have it in spades.

Andy Reed is arguably the best OC in football AND Steve Spagnola is the best DC with a job( see Belichick). Spagnola is the reason I picked the Chiefs. He is the most under rated DC in football. When KC had to have plays, late in the game, to force the Whiners to kick FG’s Spagnola dialed up excellently designed plays. He put his players in good position to make plays.

If I was Jerry, I would give Spagnola a call. Offer him the assistant HCing job and DC job. Spagnola is a DIFFERENCE maker.

Also, this Superbowl again proved defense is not dead in the NFL. I wish we would go all in on our Defense. My 1st move in FA! Go after Chris Jones.
Why would Spagnola leave SF and come here for the same job? Answer: He won't.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We should poach anyone from their staff. Imagine putting Chris Jones in the locker room with D-Burnt Out-Law. Little Tank would wet himself.
Tank is one of the few on this team that will do anything to win and plays his *** off
Hating on him makes no sense

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Mahomes is so go at extending the play when you think he is about to get sacked. And he also knows how to throw the ball away instead of taking a sack.
It helps when 90% of the time he has a receiver open with literally no defender within 5 yards.

No doubt Mahomes is very good at finding that receiver, but how many times lately have we seen Dak desperately looking for someone to throw to and everybody has a defender on them like white on rice....

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
He is a middling QB with issues that you have to work around.
The problem is simply this. If he is a "middling QB" then you are not going to be able to work around his lack of skillset and pay him like a top tier QB. The money needs to be instead spent in other parts of the team to bolster the overall talent on the team - OL, RB, WR, TE, Defense. I thought people would realize that Trent Dilfer was never going to ever carry the Ravens to a title by himself.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Tank is one of the few on this team that will do anything to win and plays his *** off
Hating on him makes no sense
The man literally claimed that he was tired. One of the biggest games of his career and he was tired.

LittleD

Reaction score
Face it....Cowboys are not close to really competing with either of those two teams that played last nite. Dallas lacks the coaching and the QB to even sniff a SB sometime and
somewhere in the future.

Brax

Reaction score
They didn't luck into Mahomes. They drafted him with the 10th pick in the draft, even though they already had a solid qb in Alex Smith. This FO would have ridden Smith til retirement before looking for a qb. It's what they will likely do with Dak, and never come close to winning anything with him.
Unfortunately that will happen with Dak, Jerry will ride him for another 5 to 7 years and it will keep getting worse, Dak might be here till Jerry passes sad as that may be, no way Jerry admits he was wrong again about Dak just not in his DNA

1942willys

Reaction score
The fight in both teams last night was something I haven’t seen around here in a long time. They weren’t tired from getting punched, they were tired from throwing so many haymakers. No quitters out there. If a player made a bad play, his team rallied around him to get him back in the fight. Injured guys were forcing themselves back into the game. I was impressed with how prepared they both were to get in a defensive battle and stand up to it.
Last Man Standing is what you saw last night; two weary punchers who keep on plugging and never quit

Both teams deserved to win that game

Then you look at this whiny mess we have....

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning, Steven. I don't know where you got the notion we shouldn't move on from Dak from. But we need some luck in the draft if we want a qb like Mahomes.

Drafting is automatic, every team does it. Will the player you draft turn into a generational star who will change the trajectory of your franchise for the better? That is the unknown and that is where luck comes into play. We had that luck in the 90s, hopefully we can get lucky again.
Good morning Mr. Surfer.
I didnt say if i wanted to move on from dak or not.
Im kinda thinking we should try. You see, you dont even sniff "luck" if you dont try. Thats really my point. We have some people on the board that dont want to even try because it might not be better. That is defeat before you even start.
Risk precedes luck.
I dont necessarily disagree with you...just adding to, that its more than just pure luck.
cool?

1942willys

Reaction score
It helps when 90% of the time he has a receiver open with literally no defender within 5 yards.

No doubt Mahomes is very good at finding that receiver, but how many times lately have we seen Dak desperately looking for someone to throw to and everybody has a defender on them like white on rice....
look how many times Dak locks onto a receiver. Just throws it into coverage. No excuses for him

StuckMojo

Reaction score

Dak can’t extend plays with his legs and avoid sacks like Mahomes.