Cobb and Cowboys close to deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I’m not crazy about this move. Cobb hasn’t had a good year since 2014, when he went off for 91 receptions, 1287 yards and 12 touchdowns. But since then he has been a JAG, and now he’s starting to have injury problems and has lost a step with age.

This is Jerry Jones bargain shopping. He’ll certainly cost a lot less than Beasley does.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I’m not crazy about this move. Cobb hasn’t had a good year since 2014, when he went off for 91 receptions, 1287 yards and 12 touchdowns. But since then he has been a JAG, and now he’s starting to have injury problems and has lost a step with age.

This is Jerry Jones bargain shopping. He’ll certainly cost a lot less than Beasley does.

If you look like a JAG playing with Rogers, what is he going to look like playing with Dak:laugh:

Johnny23

Reaction score
His last full season played was in 2015. The second of TWO in his EIGHT YEAR career.
He plays an average of 13 games a season because he's had two major injuries last year were he missed 7 games and 2013 where he missed 10 games. He plays through injury and has three seasons playing 15 games, two of the aforementioned at 16, he has one season at 13. He plays through injuries and guts it out. In the slot or on the outside for a reasonable price he could be a nice edition to the team. If he's close to a deal he's not going to break the bank. He will provide similar production as Beasley in 2016 and last year. I don't see him having his 2014 year but he's only 28 and isn't coming into be the guy and we re-signed Tavon Austin who played 7 games for us last year. If we sign him I like Cobb, Gallup, and Cooper as a trio on 3-wide sets.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Seems like we want a vet who knows how to get open in the slot

Not a bad line of thinking while you sift through the UDFA pool for young guys and see if you find another Beasley to groom in the mean time

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems like we want a vet who knows how to get open in the slot

Not a bad line of thinking while you sift through the UDFA pool for young guys and see if you find another Beasley to groom in the mean time

This is our typical pre-draft insurance signing. I can't see how anybody could reasonably complain about a move like this without knowing in advance what the contract looks like. A veteran slot receiver with skins on the wall and who can also play outside if you want him to...what's to complain about? Oh, right, he isn't Antonio Brown. I forgot.

dckid

Reaction score
I'm curious, In what way do you think Cobb is definitely an upgrade"?
:huh:
Cobb is not better than Bease imho. What’s has he done over the past 3 years to show that he is? Guy is always
cbs sports radio just reported that cowboys and Cobb are close to deal.
I think it’s a good move, I would rather we sign Jared Cook as we already have talent at WR. I’m sure Hurns won’t be ready to play slot this year. I didn’t think Cobb was ever as shifty as Bease?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Health is key here. Ideally Cooper/Gallup are 1-2. Cobb hopefully gives you 12-14 games of reliable slot play. 50-60 catches 500-600 yards...

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Cobb is not better than Bease imho. What’s has he done over the past 3 years to show that he is? Guy is always

I think it’s a good move, I would rather we sign Jared Cook as we already have talent at WR. I’m sure Hurns won’t be ready to play slot this year. I didn’t think Cobb was ever as shifty as Bease?

In that timespan Beasley tallied 1,819 yards to Cobb’s 1,646, but he also played in 10 more games than Cobb so you can’t just look at catch and yardage totals without context.

Are folks really complaining about potentially signing Cobb? I’d much rather have him playing slot than trying to trot Hurns out there fresh off of nearly losing his foot in that boating accident.

*It should be noted in 2017 Aaron Rodgers played just 7 games

Last edited:

dckid

Reaction score

Sorry all. I had two post going at the same time.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
This is our typical pre-draft insurance signing. I can't see how anybody could reasonably complain about a move like this without knowing in advance what the contract looks like. A veteran slot receiver with skins on the wall and who can also play outside if you want him to...what's to complain about? Oh, right, he isn't Antonio Brown. I forgot.

We're supposed to have pro-bowl players at all 3 WR positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.