Cobb and Cowboys close to deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because 15 games for three seasons is so much different from the two seasons of 16 games. (Insert triple face palm emoji)

Ezekiel Elliott played 15 games last season, so by your logic that bum didn't have a full season.

My numbers were 100% accurate. Two full season out of eight.

If you don't like the facts? Too bad. That's your issue.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still see just two out of the eight in the "games" column that say "16"

You let me know if I'M going too fast.
:facepalm:

I don't think people would care too much if he played 15 games this year. He's done at least that 5 of the 8 seasons he's played.

You're on some weird agenda here. Reverse course and apply this to Eric Berry. You'd have a stronger case.

Kaiser

Reaction score
My numbers were 100% accurate. Two full season out of eight.

If you don't like the facts? Too bad. That's your issue.
iu

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think people would care too much if he played 15 games this year. He's done at least that 5 of the 8 seasons he's played.

You're on some weird agenda here. Reverse course and apply this to Eric Berry. You'd have a stronger case.

I'm simply stating the truth. But it's truth that the pro-Cobb crowd doesn't like. That's on them. None of what I'm saying isn't acccurate, some people just wish it wasn't.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Smith was his accurate comparison coming out of college. Anyone wanting to win championships should run. Stockpile draft picks the next two years. Big picture.

We have no choice in the matter. Dak will be signing a huge contract for the next 5-6 years in the next month or so. Might as well try put a team around him via the draft.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
There's certainly no body else beating down his door.

And why would they for a guy whose numbers have been in decline for three years.

Exactly...………..expect a 1 year deal that is cheap as dirt.

Just curious, have we signed a single free agent to a multi-year contract yet?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you're better at it, you do it more. It's shouldn't be this hard to figure out.

Better than who? Himself? I’m not talking about him compared to Dak, I’m talking about the number of passes there are to throw as the Green Bay Packer QB, and the distribution of those passes. On average he is going to throw the ball about 35-38 times a game, regardless of how many quality targets he has, but the more quality targets he has the more those very same 35-38 passes get spread around.

Last edited:

JBond

Reaction score
We have no choice in the matter. Dak will be signing a huge contract for the next 5-6 years in the next month or so. Might as well try put a team around him via the draft.
I know. It saddens me. I like the kid but he is not special. Not even Romo special and I had issues with some things Romo did.
We can burn resources trying to prop up an average at best QB or grab the next great one. I like option two, but it is just a misguided dream of mine. It is a lot simpler and cheaper to build around a great QB rather than trying to cover for average.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I don't believe it until I see it or hear it that he's officially signed.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm simply stating the truth. But it's truth that the pro-Cobb crowd doesn't like. That's on them. None of what I'm saying isn't acccurate, some people just wish it wasn't.
Accurate and relevant are not the same...

Kaiser

Reaction score
Why not just raise a White flag and move on. It's the same thing.

Arguing with someone with their fingers stuck in their ears isn't surrender. Its pointless, but I did the extra five minutes of research.

Randall Cobb has two seasons where he played 16 games. He has three seasons where he played 15 games that you are claiming as proof he was injury prone.

His rookie year he played 15 games but didn't play in the final game of the season in a year GB went 15 - 1. That's not an injury. Ezekiel Elliott did the same thing last year.

His second year he played 15 games but didn't play in the final game of the season in a year GB went 11 - 5 and won their Division. That's not an injury. Ezekiel Elliott did the same thing last year.

In 2017 he missed one game with a chest injury.

In 2016 he missed three games with an injury where they carted him off the field.

So he has two seasons with injuries.

And four seasons where he played every game except the meaningless final games where starters are held out.

And two seasons where he missed 4 of 32 games with minor injuries.

Saying he "only has 2 full seasons" is just flat out wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.