Cobb and Cowboys close to deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He also had a far superior passer throwing the ball. The guy who "made" Cobb, Nelson, and Adams.

Being a far superior passer doesn’t mean there are is no limit to the number of passes there are to throw, and therefore available for players to catch. More high quality receivers meant fewer balls for Cobb

Kaiser

Reaction score
I really want the player. I think he brings a physical element to the slot we haven’t had. He’ll likely be the 4th option which I think would be great here. Lining him up against teams 3rd best CB.

Cedric Wilson is 6'2" and has deceptive deep speed and good ball tracking on deep throws, he could be a good rotational guy at the Slot also if he makes the team.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Being a far superior passer doesn’t mean there are is no limit to the number of passes there are to throw, and therefore available for players to catch.

No, it means there are more, and they're more accurate.

"Superior passer".

Aaron Rodgers is a "superior passer" to Dak Prescott.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
It would all come down to price for me. We badly need a slot WR, but Cobb looks washed.

JBond

Reaction score
I'm not on the OMYGOSH DAK IS HOF extreme side of thinking when it comes to the Dak conversation.
I'm talking about Cobb.
No idea who you are pulling for. My point is all the worry about signing FA is useless until we get a QB that can throw the ball accurately. I like Dak but he is a career backup. We need Mahomes 2.0.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Cedric Wilson is 6'2" and has deceptive deep speed and good ball tracking on deep throws, he could be a good rotational guy at the Slot also if he makes the team.
I like Wilson too. But at this point he hasn’t played a down in this league. I always thought he was suited more for the outside with his body type. He was labeled as a deep threat type WR out of college. If Wilson can do something great. But I think having to veterans in the middle of the field (Witten and Cobb) would be great for Dak.

Verdict

Reaction score
How much does Cobb has left in the tank? Injured last year and statically declining trend.

He was a stud at one time. I know he was injured and I have no doubt that was a favor in his decline. Anyone know what kind of injuries he has suffered?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You might want to look at the header marked "Games" and then the column under that marked "G". It means "Games". Let me know if I'm going too fast.

I still see just two out of the eight in the "games" column that say "16"

You let me know if I'M going too fast.
:facepalm:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, it means there are more, and they're more accurate.

"Superior passer".

Aaron Rodgers is a "superior passer" to Dak Prescott.
So, every time the Packers add a quality receiver Rodgers gets to throw 10 more passes a game? The league just spots him more passes because they like watching him throw?

Funny, but Rodgers attempts actually went down the year Adams emerged ...

Kaiser

Reaction score
I like Wilson too. But at this point he hasn’t played a down in this league. I always thought he was suited more for the outside with his body type. He was labeled as a deep threat type WR out of college. If Wilson can do something great. But I think having to veterans in the middle of the field (Witten and Cobb) would be great for Dak.

Totally agree, "safety valve" is a cliche but you saw what happened last year when Dak didn't have one.

The other thing on Cobb I keep going back to is that in the first half of the season Beasley was our best WR and defenses could take him out of the game. He had a couple of good games, but several bad ones also. Cobb was always my second choice after Golden Tate, and it seems pretty obvious that Dallas didn't make Beasley a serious offer to return.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, every time the Packers add a quality receiver Rodgers gets to throw 10 more passes a game? The league just spots him more passes because they like watching him throw?

When you're better at it, you do it more. It's shouldn't be this hard to figure out.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
No idea who you are pulling for. My point is all the worry about signing FA is useless until we get a QB that can throw the ball accurately. I like Dak but he is a career backup. We need Mahomes 2.0.
If there is a Mahomes 2.0 who wouldn't want him? Don't agree about Dak being a career backup. He's pretty much shown to be an average- to decent starting QB, Alex Smith Jr. until he shows otherwise.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
He was a stud at one time. I know he was injured and I have no doubt that was a favor in his decline. Anyone know what kind of injuries he has suffered?
High Ankle sprains. Yeah but recently In GB he was counted on to be the #2 target. He was much more productive when he was the 3rd or 4th option which he would be in our offense. Teams will focus on Cooper and hopefully Gallup. That should leave opportunities for Cobb and Witten.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I still see just two out of the eight in the "games" column that say "16"

You let me know if I'M going too fast.
:facepalm:

Because 15 games for three seasons is so much different from the two seasons of 16 games. (Insert triple face palm emoji)

Ezekiel Elliott played 15 games last season, so by your logic that bum didn't have a full season.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
High Ankle sprains. Yeah but recently In GB he was counted on to be the #2 target. He was much more productive when he was the 3rd or 4th option which he would be in our offense. Teams will focus on Cooper and hopefully Gallup. That should leave opportunities for Cobb and Witten.

So, a "committee approach" then?

JBond

Reaction score
If there is a Mahomes 2.0 who wouldn't want him? Don't agree about Dak being a career backup. He's pretty much shown to be an average- to decent starting QB, Alex Smith Jr. until he shows otherwise.
Smith was his accurate comparison coming out of college. Anyone wanting to win championships should run. Stockpile draft picks the next two years. Big picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.