Not open for further replies.

JayFord

Reaction score
I wonder can we sign him outright or do we need some sort of drama

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If healthy, and thats a big if, he is better than Beasley. But I think this is a fake story. Its no where else.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Better than who? Himself? I’m not talking about him compared to Dak, I’m talking about the number of passes there are to throw as the Green Bay Packer QB, and the distribution of those passes. On average he is going to throw the ball about 35-38 times a game, regardless of how many quality targets he has, but the more quality targets he has the more those very same 35-38 passes get spread around.

And the more opportunities the guys receiving better thrown passes - and more of them - get to put up better numbers than others do. Such as guys like Cole Beasley playing with a lesser passer.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Arguing with someone with their fingers stuck in their ears isn't surrender. Its pointless, but I did the extra five minutes of research.

Randall Cobb has two seasons where he played 16 games. He has three seasons where he played 15 games that you are claiming as proof he was injury prone.

His rookie year he played 15 games but didn't play in the final game of the season in a year GB went 15 - 1. That's not an injury. Ezekiel Elliott did the same thing last year.

His second year he played 15 games but didn't play in the final game of the season in a year GB went 11 - 5 and won their Division. That's not an injury. Ezekiel Elliott did the same thing last year.

In 2017 he missed one game with a chest injury.

In 2016 he missed three games with an injury where they carted him off the field.

So he has two seasons with injuries.

And four seasons where he played every game except the meaningless final games where starters are held out.

And two seasons where he missed 4 of 32 games with minor injuries.

Saying he "only has 2 full seasons" is just flat out wrong.

Listen to yourself. You try to point the finger at me and say "I've got my fingers in my ears" and then go on a long rant about the games that's Cobb has missed, and provide exactly the same information that I did - he played two full seasons out of eight - and then have the nerve to sum it up by calling it "flat out wrong".

phildadon86

Reaction score
Listen to yourself. You try to point the finger at me and say "I've got my fingers in my ears" and then go on a long rant about the games that's Cobb has missed, and provide exactly the same information that I did - he played two full seasons out of eight - and then have the nerve to sum it up by calling it "flat out wrong".
One thing Cobb is very good at is getting open in the red zone. Something we really lack.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing Cobb is very good at is getting open in the red zone. Something we really lack.

I hope you're right. But in watching the recent highlights video someone attached in this thread, I saw many plays where Rodgers threaded the needle, and got Cobb the ball in tight coverage. This is something that I seldom see Dak Prescott do unfortunately. Prescott is still a "believe it when I see it" player who has to see separation before he trust himself or his receiver to make the play. I can't help but to think he won't trust Cobb or himself to make plays in similar situations.

Sydla

Reaction score
Cooper/Wilson
Gallup/Tavon
Hurns/Cobb

Wonder if Brown makes the cut

I think we need to see Wilson first. People have penciled him in and he’s not shown anything yet.

Inevitably someone will get a hamstring injury though too at some point.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm curious, In what way do you think Cobb is definitely an upgrade"?
:huh:

I think one advantage of Cobb is ability to lineup outside as well as in the slot. I like Beasley and don't see this as a major upgrade as far as slot goes but the ability to lineup outside and in the slot I think Cobb has the advantage there

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
2018 Catch rate
Target 10+ yards
Packers
Cobb 33% (7 of 21) 2 td
others 49% (86 of 177) 15 td

Cowboys
Beasley 75% (18 of 24) 2 td
others 47% (71 of 151) 13 td

Target 10-19 yards ONLY
Cobb 45% (5 of 11) 1 td
Beasley 84% (16 of 19) 1 td

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think one advantage of Cobb is ability to lineup outside as well as in the slot. I like Beasley and don't see this as a major upgrade as far as slot goes but the ability to lineup outside and in the slot I think Cobb has the advantage there

In theory, yes. But it again has me wondering why Beasley's overall numbers the past three years were better, despite yet another presumed advantage Cobb should have had.

Cobb is supposedly faster, more versatile, and some claim "just better", and yet the production numbers don't support it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2018 Catch rate
Target 10+ yards
Packers
Cobb 33% (7 of 21) 2 td
others 49% (86 of 177) 15 td

Cowboys
Beasley 75% (18 of 24) 2 td
others 47% (71 of 151) 13 td