Cobb and Cowboys close to deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Agreed, Dallas has options right now at the slot position, anytime you can upgrade is nice, but to this point slot receiver hasn't been a huge emphasis in the Dallas offense. Moore might change that, of course...

I agree. I do think with Moore we will see Dallas running a lot more motion with the WR trying to create the mismatch and trying to cause some confusion for defense.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If healthy Cobb is better than Beasley no doubt. But Cobb is NEVER healthy. I wouldn't mind the signing if it's 1 or 2 years for say 3 million per.

Yes, that sort of contract would be good, especially if we are able to cut him if we're not getting what we're looking for from Cobb. I'd still draft Ursua in round 7 to compete with Cobb.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
In theory, yes. But it again has me wondering why Beasley's overall numbers the past three years were better, despite yet another presumed advantage Cobb should have had.

Cobb is supposedly faster, more versatile, and some claim "just better", and yet the production numbers don't support it.

Why?

Beasley played in 10 more games than Cobb, not to mention only 7 of the games in 2017 were actually with Rodgers under center.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why?

Beasley played in 10 more games than Cobb, not to mention only 7 of the games in 2017 were actually with Rodgers under center.

So Beasley has been more reliable then.

And Beasley played three season with a lesser passer than Rodgers, much less 9 games.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He certainly plays well against us!
:laugh:

No kidding in Denver he put up 126 against us and then with the Rams 123. What I like about CJ Anderson is he does not need a lot of carries to be effective, some back need to get the ball to get into the groove for Anderson he has been great coming off the bench and producing. Hell he scared me more leading up to the Rams game than Gurley did.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No kidding in Denver he put up 126 against us and then with the Rams 123. What I like about CJ Anderson is he does not need a lot of carries to be effective, some back need to get the ball to get into the groove for Anderson he has been great coming off the bench and producing. Hell he scared me more leading up to the Rams game than Gurley did.

He was a heckuva get for the Rams down the stretch right off the street.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
CJ Anderson should never be on the field instead of Zeke.
I’d take Duke Johnson as a change of pace back. If you’re going to give Zeke any rest, give it on downs with a guy who does something better than Zeke. You won’t find a back who runs it better.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
As meh as I would be about the signing, I'd prefer to give the money to Cobb over what Hurns is currently scheduled to make.

If we do it that way, however, then I think we need to either get Hurns to take a pay cut, or we need to cut him to compensate for getting Cobb. I do think Cobb is an upgrade over Hurns and Beasley when healthy. The key words are when healthy.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I just realised something. Doesn't he give us a kick return option besides Austin? I remember him with the 100+ kickoff return against the Saints in his first game.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
So Beasley has been more reliable then.

And Beasley played three season with a lesser passer than Rodgers, much less 9 games.

Reliable as in what, health? Sure.

Different offenses. Different surrounding talent/options. Different results.

Status
Not open for further replies.